G'day everyone

Thought I would introduce myself in preparation to join in the next 6-week challenge. I am in the military, live in Australia, a male in my mid 20's with a great partner who is also my best friend (she also now loves this site, pretty much straight after I showed her. She particularly liked the story of the power-lifting girl!). I go by the screen name Tracer-Actual and stumbled upon Nerd Fitness by pure fluke (I was googling Paleo Diagrams... for some reason this came up!?). I am not looking to improve my health or fitness. I exercise daily (cross-fit, intervals and weights) and have eaten 'Paleo/Primal' for the past two years. I consider myself, and have always considered myself, a massive nerd. Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, Warhammer, Dungeons and Dragons, Pathfinder, Quake, Half-Life, Baldur's Gate, Zelda, Donkey Kong, Lego, Computer Science, programming, Photoshop, writing... you name it and (provided it is slightly nerdy) I love it. I have been studying the idea of creativity and gaming (after reading the excellent books 'The Element' by Ken Robinson and 'Reality is Broken' by Jane Mcgonigal) and instantly bonded with this website and the author's ideas. So, I am in the process of creating the missions for Illithian Dyn'aheir's (my elven ranger) 6-week quest. I cannot wait, it seems so exciting. I am particularly eager to use this as a vessel to carry some of my passions from thoughts to reality. I may even get some of my book written! or failing that, maybe a chapter :D

It is also going to be a great way to track my physical training, as my current regime pretty much lacks all form or function. I tend to just be playing and maintaining at the moment.

On a side note - I would happily join an guild / clan / tribe that is floating around for the next week challenge. And readily accept any side quests.

Lock s-foils in attack position... I am getting set up for my attack run.

Cheers all - look forward to reading all of your accomplishments and being part of the Rebellion.

Tracer.

**EDIT** - Oh, please forgive my poor memory. I also LOVE board games of all types (Zombiecide FTWt)! A Kick-Starter addiction is not helping the problem...

Race - Human

Class - Jedi / Sentinel Level - 4 / 0.5
Battle Log: Holo-Log

Current Challenge: Nil

Welcome to the rebellion. I always thank US military members for their service, and since you guys are an ally; Thanks for your service. You can join any guild you want, and if you feel comfortable as a ranger, go jump right in on their guild for the current challenge.

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Mate,'Reality is Broken' is excellent. I also suggest you have a look at her TED talks if you are interested - it may inform your decision to buy the book (or not).

Thanks for the welcomes everyone. I look forward to the experience!

http://www.ted.com/talks/jane_mcgonigal_the_game_that_can_give_you_10_extra_years_of_life.html

http://www.ted.com/talks/jane_mcgonigal_gaming_can_make_a_better_world.html

Race - Human

Class - Jedi / Sentinel Level - 4 / 0.5
Battle Log: Holo-Log

Current Challenge: Nil