Tough Mudder Challenge

Dude, I just read your post and I am terrified. And unbelievably glad I'm doing it in June, not when it's cold. Also set on finishing, damnit. I think any day between now and June 2, when I'm tempted to be lazy or eat badly, I will just reread you summing up TM. That'll get me off my rear, for fear of not being in good enough shape and DYING.

I reread my post and I'm ALSO terrified ... except my Tough Mudder is this sunday :)

Good luck with yours and if you want any tips/motivation/strangers shouting motivational stuff in german (because life just isn't confusing and terrifying enough) let me know :)

EDIT: I also would point out I was aiming for "amusing and make it sound like fun without misleading people as to how tough it can be" ... I may have gone slightly too far :)

"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself" -- Tolstoy

Not sure if it was buzz or woody that said it though.

Spartan double trifecta progess:

100%
100%

Tough Mudder "10 x Legionnaire":

100.0%
100.0%
"Run ALL the things or die tryin'"
110%
110%

fitocracy Ogre Magi Lvl 16 Ranger STR: 38|DEX: 58|STA: 59|baCON: 34|WIS: 30|CHA: 30

Previously Completed: Spartan Trifecta, Enough TM Headbands to make a ski mask

I'm running Rugged Maniac tomorrow, which is significantly easier than Tough Mudder and this is my second year doing it, so we can root for each other this weekend!

I'm always up for strangers shouting stuff at me in German. Sounds like a great motivator. If for no other reason than to run away from the German weirdo.

Lvl. 2 Ranger Assassin Shapeshifter

STR - 3 | DEX - 3 | STA - 7 | CON - 4 | WIS - 4 | CHA - 4

Current Challenge: Breaking Chains

(Really) Old Challenges 1 | 2 | 3

I noticed that Berlin is open for registration!

Prices will rise on the 9th, so we should do the registration before that date!

Chris, substix, are you still in? Do you prefer the Saturday or Sunday? I wouldn't mind either of them so it is up to you. Will need some vacation afterwards anyway I guess :D

Svane Krios, Level 1 Drell AssassinSTR 1 | DEX 3 | STA 2 | CON 2 | WIS 4 | CHA 3Intro - Fitocracy - Lift - 2013 Goals - Life GoalsChallenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 (current)"Amonkira. Lord of Hunters. Grant that my arms be steady, my mind be clear, and my feet swift.And should the worst come to pass, grant me forgiveness."

It doesn't necessary have to be rainy and the temperatures are fine until mid to late November I think.. Sure in the summer it would be nicer, but there's more time to train on the late run.. Do we have any other options? :)

Svane Krios, Level 1 Drell AssassinSTR 1 | DEX 3 | STA 2 | CON 2 | WIS 4 | CHA 3Intro - Fitocracy - Lift - 2013 Goals - Life GoalsChallenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 (current)"Amonkira. Lord of Hunters. Grant that my arms be steady, my mind be clear, and my feet swift.And should the worst come to pass, grant me forgiveness."

It doesn't necessary have to be rainy and the temperatures are fine until mid to late November I think.. Sure in the summer it would be nicer, but there's more time to train on the late run.. Do we have any other options? :)

It's hard to predict a single day in 5 months time, especially since climate documentation only started in the 70ies. The average for the last 40 years puts the temperature at about 6-13degrees. With about 22% chance for rain. 

Point is, if it's a sunny day, conditions for competeing would be ideal, good sight, warmth that won't cause dehydration etc. On a bad day... let's just say wind, rain and 6 degrees would make me want to cuddle up in a nice blanket with a hot mug of tea ;)

Level 4 Human Ranger

The only Way to accomplish greatness is to set your goals even higher.

STR: 15 || DEX: 9 || STA: 10

CON: 12 || WIS: 9 || CHA: 6

Check out my challange Thread (4)

Ouch, ouch ouch. Already agreed to do another two. What the hell is wrong with me??? (Race post to follow tomorrow), on balance I think I prefer a little bit of rain to soften the ground coupled with scattered showers - blazing sun is no good but then again neither is sub zero temperatures ...

"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself" -- Tolstoy

100%
100%

100.0%
100.0%
110%
110%

fitocracy Ogre Magi Lvl 16 Ranger STR: 38|DEX: 58|STA: 59|baCON: 34|WIS: 30|CHA: 30

Sounds like you had your fun Maledictus :D Waiting to hear your story! For us in Berlin it would be at least 15 degrees © I guess, so not too bad :)

I don't know if I'll have to money for the plane tickets. I need to figure it out. What are you guys thinking? Are you in?
I did not post here to back out once the registration is open. I'd even consider doing it alone! Would just like to know if someone would come with me :)

I did not post here to back out once the registration is open. I'd even consider doing it alone! Would just like to know if someone would come with me :)

I really don't want to back out, I promise. Sadly money has just not been very affluent lately to say the least... :( I'd really love to come with you though. Let me try to figure something out.

Level 6 Amazon Assassin Ranger

challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5

the rebuilding of the Amazon: #6

I did not mean to offend you, I just wanted to express I am still in, it just felt strange reading several excuses (valid or not, not up to me to decide) upon returning :)

I hope you can manage this, it would be a great experience.

If you'd come, would you prefer sat or sun?

I did not mean to offend you, I just wanted to express I am still in, it just felt strange reading several excuses (valid or not, not up to me to decide) upon returning :) I hope you can manage this, it would be a great experience. If you'd come, would you prefer sat or sun?

I agree with you, it was surprising.

I'd prefer Saturday I think but it all depends on plane tickets. What about you?

Sounds like you had your fun Maledictus :D Waiting to hear your story! For us in Berlin it would be at least 15 degrees © I guess, so not too bad :)

http://nerdfitnessrebellion.com/index.php?/topic/26894-join-the-fun-fit-squad-or-dont-either-way-youre-great/?p=510403

Running it "alone" doesn't tend to be a big deal - I ended up getting to the hero walls solo and a whole bunch of guys helped out.  The guys I started with (we got split up for good reasons) hadn't taken part in one before and couldn't believe how friendly everyone was.

100%
100%

100.0%
100.0%
110%
110%

I would not mind either of them I guess, will need to take some days off work afterwards anyway :D If we go on Sunday I think I might watch it the day before, on Saturday we'd be totally unprepared. Both would be fine.

So you can decide what's cheaper with the plane tickets. We should get started before the next price raise in June though.

I would not mind either of them I guess, will need to take some days off work afterwards anyway :D If we go on Sunday I think I might watch it the day before, on Saturday we'd be totally unprepared. Both would be fine. So you can decide what's cheaper with the plane tickets. We should get started before the next price raise in June though.

Right now I absolutely don't have the money to book the tickets but I will before the price raise in June. Shall we figure things out more then? Also, would it be ok with you if a friend of guy mine joined? Haven't invited him yet though I know he'd  be interested in taking part

Yeah that sounds great. Glad that you can make it! Feel free to invite others, I might try as well, but they all seem untrained (yet) and avoid hard things ;)

Will do! I haven't been training in the last month (bad me!), so it should be interesting.

Good luck!

100%
100%

100.0%
100.0%
110%
110%

I am registering me and my brother for team Nerd Fitness for the Berlin Mudder (at the Lausitzring) for the Saturday. If anyone wants to join just tell me and I'll send you the password!