Tough Mudder Challenge

Ok, I know this is going to make me sound like a girly girl but... Mud? In October? my fingers might fall off!

WIll think about giving it a go, would obviously be much better in summer but why not I guess! :)

I'm thinking of doing one myself. Wanted to do the northrhine westfalia one but that was dated on the weekend where I'll be going on vacation with my family.

Guess it might become the Berlin one as well, though I'm still waiting for the Hamburg date which would be closer to some friends I'm going to convince to join as well.

What I like about the Berlin date is that there's still much time to prepare.

Svane Krios, Level 1 Drell AssassinSTR 1 | DEX 3 | STA 2 | CON 2 | WIS 4 | CHA 3Intro - Fitocracy - Lift - 2013 Goals - Life GoalsChallenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 (current)"Amonkira. Lord of Hunters. Grant that my arms be steady, my mind be clear, and my feet swift.And should the worst come to pass, grant me forgiveness."

I'm thinking of doing one myself. Wanted to do the northrhine westfalia one but that was dated on the weekend where I'll be going on vacation with my family. Guess it might become the Berlin one as well, though I'm still waiting for the Hamburg date which would be closer to some friends I'm going to convince to join as well. What I like about the Berlin date is that there's still much time to prepare.

I feel that way too!

No Idea about the training time. If I do one it's gonna be 26.10. Berlin for sure! :)

Have you registered yet? Maybe we should see who's up for the challenge and all register together as the NF team

Level 6 Amazon Assassin Ranger

challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5

the rebuilding of the Amazon: #6

You know I'm in :)

I know you are! If I can afford it, that makes two of us.

I feel that way too!

Have you registered yet? Maybe we should see who's up for the challenge and all register together as the NF team

Yeah, I specifically picked Berlin for training time reasons. Dunno if I could do all the necessary preparation in time for anything much earlier.

Not registered yet.

Berlin would be more conventient for me location wise, but Hamburg is not bad either! :)

Level 4 Human Ranger

The only Way to accomplish greatness is to set your goals even higher.

STR: 15 || DEX: 9 || STA: 10

CON: 12 || WIS: 9 || CHA: 6

Check out my challange Thread (4)

Registration for Berlin is not yet available as far as I know.. Singing up as a group would be awesome!

As long as it's not open yet I have time to wait for my friends, although I don't think they'd be convinced easily.. Would you mind them joining our team if anyone wanted in for Berlin?

Svane Krios, Level 1 Drell AssassinSTR 1 | DEX 3 | STA 2 | CON 2 | WIS 4 | CHA 3Intro - Fitocracy - Lift - 2013 Goals - Life GoalsChallenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 (current)"Amonkira. Lord of Hunters. Grant that my arms be steady, my mind be clear, and my feet swift.And should the worst come to pass, grant me forgiveness."

Registration for Berlin is not yet available as far as I know.. Singing up as a group would be awesome!

As long as it's not open yet I have time to wait for my friends, although I don't think they'd be convinced easily.. Would you mind them joining our team if anyone wanted in for Berlin?

I personally wouldn't mind :)

I wouldn't mind either!

Am also trying to get my boyfriend to come with me - he's a very strong althete but isn't officially a nerd fitness rebel...

Trying to get my husband on board too, not a Nerd either but hey, the more the merrier :)

Exactly! 

I really can't make a decision on my going yet. To be honest another reason why Berlin fits me so well is the late date. 

I'd love to participate as part of a Nerdfitness team. Especially since my only other options would be to try it alone D:

Level 4 Human Ranger

Exactly! 

I really can't make a decision on my going yet. To be honest another reason why Berlin fits me so well is the late date. 

I'd love to participate as part of a Nerdfitness team. Especially since my only other options would be to try it alone D:

Same here, it's either a NF team or on my own and I think it'll be 100000 times worse if we do it on our own. At least this way we can have a group of other people helping us out physically and mentally when things get a bit tough(er).

One thing we can do is all start training for it now. There is a pdf on the site called Tough Mudder Bootcamp that has a few circuits for you to follow in order to get ready. At least that way we'll be ready when the registration for the Berlin TM comes and we can make a decision together then. What do you think?

Same here, it's either a NF team or on my own and I think it'll be 100000 times worse if we do it on our own. At least this way we can have a group of other people helping us out physically and mentally when things get a bit tough(er).

One thing we can do is all start training for it now. There is a pdf on the site called Tough Mudder Bootcamp that has a few circuits for you to follow in order to get ready. At least that way we'll be ready when the registration for the Berlin TM comes and we can make a decision together then. What do you think?

Well my Workload is boarderline capacity right now, so I won't be able to do any extra training right now. But I'll keep working out and get in great general shape by then. 

From the things I've heard so far it should be extremely hard to do solo. Might try it just for the added challenge ;) Just kidding!

But my hometown has an obstacle race that takes place in may, if I can find a sponsor I'll definately participate in that.

Level 4 Human Ranger

Well my Workload is boarderline capacity right now, so I won't be able to do any extra training right now. But I'll keep working out and get in great general shape by then. 

From the things I've heard so far it should be extremely hard to do solo. Might try it just for the added challenge ;) Just kidding!

But my hometown has an obstacle race that takes place in may, if I can find a sponsor I'll definately participate in that.

I'm pretty sure some of the obstacles will require teamwork to get over, but that doesn't mean you won't have people to help if you run alone. There should be plenty of other people at the obstacles and everyone is there for the same goals, they would definitely help you out. When I ran Rugged Maniac last year I couldn't lift myself over the walls, and random people stopped to give me a push or let me use their shoulder to boost myself.

Lvl. 2 Ranger Assassin Shapeshifter

STR - 3 | DEX - 3 | STA - 7 | CON - 4 | WIS - 4 | CHA - 4

Current Challenge: Breaking Chains

(Really) Old Challenges 1 | 2 | 3

I'm pretty sure some of the obstacles will require teamwork to get over, but that doesn't mean you won't have people to help if you run alone. There should be plenty of other people at the obstacles and everyone is there for the same goals, they would definitely help you out. When I ran Rugged Maniac last year I couldn't lift myself over the walls, and random people stopped to give me a push or let me use their shoulder to boost myself.

Good to know that the decent people participating will lend a hand if necessary :)

Level 4 Human Ranger

Yeah, there will be plenty of people who will be willing to help, but as soon as you pass the obstacle, you're alone. Or at least up until the next obstacle. When when you're with a team, there will be constant moral support

There's also the Spartan WoD, workouts designed to get you in shape for the Spartan run (a similar course to the Tough Mudder). They vary from light to painful, but you can sign up to get the email here. My current challenge includes 4 Spartan WoDs and 1 Tough Mudder Bootcamp circuit each week.

drsloomis: level 5 human assassin

STR: 15 | DEX: 17 | CON: 12 | STA: 12 | WIS: 14 | CHA: 8

Current Challenge

Yeah, there will be plenty of people who will be willing to help, but as soon as you pass the obstacle, you're alone. Or at least up until the next obstacle. When when you're with a team, there will be constant moral support

Sounds good then :) I'm also on a certain programme at the moment wich doesn't allow much space for extra stuff but promise to get my strongest and fastest for the team by October :)

There's also the Spartan WoD, workouts designed to get you in shape for the Spartan run (a similar course to the Tough Mudder). They vary from light to painful, but you can sign up to get the email here. My current challenge includes 4 Spartan WoDs and 1 Tough Mudder Bootcamp circuit each week.

That sounds great! I'll look it up, thanks :)

How's your challenge going?

Sounds good then :) I'm also on a certain programme at the moment wich doesn't allow much space for extra stuff but promise to get my strongest and fastest for the team by October :)

Couldn't ask for better :) Good luck on your challenge :)

So glad someone made this thread!  I just did a search to see if anyone had run a TM and had advice and noticed, too, that there's a lot of people who have made TM a goal.

I'm signed up for New England in August.  Any other nor'easterners gonna be there?

I'm a big weight lifting and body weight fan, for over a year, and can consistantly do it 3d/wk workouts, but have NOT been able to get any sprinting/cardio inbetween for funsies.  Maybe this'll inspire me and I'll give the WoDs and TM boot camp a try.

How's ya'll's training going?

<--<< Daughter of Artemis >>-->

Hey Leimanu,

Add some interval training to the very end of your resistance workout. It is great.

I've started doing something similar. For example, yesterday I did my resistance work then the Spartan WoD:

Chest & Back

Standard Push-Ups    24

Wide Grip Pull-Ups    12

Military Push-Ups    24

Reverse Grip Chin-Ups    10

Wide Fly Push-Ups    24

Close Grip Pull-Ups   12

Decline Push-Ups    24

Heavy Pants    16r@40#

Diamond Push-Ups    20

Lawnmowers    12r@50#

Divebomber Push-Ups    20

Seated Bent Over Back Flys    12r@50#

Treadmill Circuit (modified from yesterday's Spartan WoD)

0.5 mi @ 4 mph

100 meters @ 6 mph

0.5 mi @ 4 mph

40 m @ 8 mph

15 burpees

0.5 mi @ 4.5 mph

100 meters @ 6 mph

0.5 mi @ 4.5 mph

40 m @ 8 mph

15 burpees

0.5 mi @ 5 mph

100 meters @ 6 mph

0.5 mi @ 5 mph

40 m @ 8 mph

15 burpees

Current Challenge

So glad someone made this thread!  I just did a search to see if anyone had run a TM and had advice and noticed, too, that there's a lot of people who have made TM a goal.

I'm signed up for New England in August.  Any other nor'easterners gonna be there?

I'm a big weight lifting and body weight fan, for over a year, and can consistantly do it 3d/wk workouts, but have NOT been able to get any sprinting/cardio inbetween for funsies.  Maybe this'll inspire me and I'll give the WoDs and TM boot camp a try.

How's ya'll's training going?

I'm actually doing the TM bootcamp as a part of my challenge.

For now I'm doing 2 circuits 3 times a week. Will up it to 3 next week for 2 weeks, then 4.

It is really, really good and is nice in the way that it involves both cardio and strength (bodyweight). Give it a try! :D

You know, I actually looked at the bootcamp (Maybe Mudder version) and was a little put off. Some of the exercise descriptions are really confusing (skates come to mind) and I'm trying to figure out where/how i would do the progression. Where do you guys do your Tough Mudder circuits?

It just seems weird to run for two minutes, then go into a bunch of calisthenics, random pull up bar exercises, etc. Just seems there's no good place to do them all. (I have a really hard time breaking out of my exercise comfort zone, if you couldn't tell)

Lvl. 2 Ranger Assassin Shapeshifter

STR - 3 | DEX - 3 | STA - 7 | CON - 4 | WIS - 4 | CHA - 4

Current Challenge: Breaking Chains

(Really) Old Challenges 1 | 2 | 3

You know, I actually looked at the bootcamp (Maybe Mudder version) and was a little put off. Some of the exercise descriptions are really confusing (skates come to mind) and I'm trying to figure out where/how i would do the progression. Where do you guys do your Tough Mudder circuits?

It just seems weird to run for two minutes, then go into a bunch of calisthenics, random pull up bar exercises, etc. Just seems there's no good place to do them all. (I have a really hard time breaking out of my exercise comfort zone, if you couldn't tell)

I had a similarly hard time with the circuit, but look at it as more of a fitness test. The Spartan WoDs work better for me as they seem a bit more focused on specific movements, and I can work them into my routine more easily without sacrificing focused muscle group work.

Current Challenge