[Mini-challenge]#6: Un-bearable guests

Nuala

Sort of. "Around the world" is a fluid motion whereas "Corn Cobs" are more static (ATW you pull to one side as you go up and over; CC goes straight up, then to each side while holding in the up position--similar motions, but hit the back muscles in very different ways). The hardest part of the CC, imo, is pushing back away from the bar while still maintaining the up position.

drsloomis: level 5 human assassin

STR: 15 | DEX: 17 | CON: 12 | STA: 12 | WIS: 14 | CHA: 8

Current Challenge

THis fits into my challenge goal, so hopefully I'll get rid of that pesky bear quickly

Wisdom 21   Dexterity 13   Charisma 14   Strength 20  Constitution-13

Elastigirl Endeavors, Experiments, , and Explains - Current Challenge: May 9 to June 12 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Very good--another kick in the pants to get better at negative pull-ups. Yay!

SpiralGalaxy, Level 9 Halfling Elf Assassin
STR 17|DEX 13|STA 20|CON 13|WIS 21|CHA 15
Electromagnetics Engineer, Freelance sci-fi critic in Maryland

"I'm not telling you it's going to be easy, I'm telling you it's going to be worth it." 

Just a quick update on Mission #5 Choose your Side

I've added a table showing the overall results for this challenge per participating guild. No real surprises.  :)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AtfIzBt5Gx5KdExTczlKa0hUMThqSEUyd003NnpHa3c&usp=sharing#gid=0

• Adventurers take GOLD for running the longest distance in total!
  • Scouts take GOLD for highest average distance per participant!
  • Assassins take GOLD for doing the most burpees in total! (there were 15 Assassins aligned with the Gauls and 5 with the Romans)
  • Rangers get GOLD for highest number of burpees averaged per participant!
  • Druids get GOLD for their Sun Salutations and Meditation! 
  • Albeus the Warrior gets GOLD for representing his entire Guild all by himself!

Thank you so much for taking part in this challenge. It was a lot of fun and that is all due to your participation!

You are Welcome to join another Druid mini-challenge anytime you like.  :)

Lusitanian Druid, Level 9
STR: 13 | DEX: 15 | STA: 17 | CON: 22 | WIS: 25 | CHA: 25

“We are what we repeatedly do; excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.†- Aristotle

Current Challenge: Living the Good Life II Past: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th,  8th9th, 10th11th, 12th

Goal: 1001 Steps on the Road to a Home -> 18/348 in 2015 

5.27%
5.27%

Goal: loose 9KG in 2015 -> 1.5KG lost 

16.67%
16.67%

Wow, there were more assassins in that challenge than any other group. Represent! 

BTW, that was tons of fun. Thanks to everyone who put it together!

SpiralGalaxy, Level 9 Halfling Elf Assassin
STR 17|DEX 13|STA 20|CON 13|WIS 21|CHA 15
Electromagnetics Engineer, Freelance sci-fi critic in Maryland

"I'm not telling you it's going to be easy, I'm telling you it's going to be worth it." 

Well, I have nothing against a hunt, but you realise that there is a bear trying to kill you right now :tongue: It may be a more pressing matter.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AotE3VGxMb_VdGJjWi1jRzEyck5VVzBHSWxjQUNIZlE#gid=6

Nuala, level 13 Robot mistress of pain, Assassin Guild leader

First journey: The Rise and fall of an Assassin

#1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10, #11, #12, #13

Second journey: Crawling back

Check this page:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AotE3VGxMb_VdGJjWi1jRzEyck5VVzBHSWxjQUNIZlE#gid=6

I just added your name and the result of the fight with your bear :)

Nuala, level 13 Robot mistress of pain, Assassin Guild leader

First journey: The Rise and fall of an Assassin

#1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10, #11, #12, #13

Second journey: Crawling back

Seriously, I lose internet for a couple of days, come back and I'm running from a bear?!  Man, I love this guild =D  I might have to jump on Devyn's bandwagon, as the spot where I was previously doing pull up negs is no longer where I live.  But where I live now has a *drumroll* playground in the BACK YARD! X3  Let's see  what I can throw on that spread sheet in the next couple of days.

Halfling; Samurai Assassin, Level 2

Challenge Number Three: Reboot

"Runners see the city in a different way. We see the flow... The flow is what keeps us running, keeps us alive."

ZOMBIES!!

So I was at the park with my son yesterday and I noticed...

A.) no one else was around

B.) the chain link fence behind the baseball diamond was 10+ feet above my standing reach

so I had to climb it.

You know, for bears. XcD (this is the logic my brain has resorted to)

It's good to know I can still pull stuff like that off although I have to admit I was kinda shaky when I got back down.

To find piece with myself
I must first find a piece of myself

B.) the chain link fence behind the baseball diamond was 10+ feet above my standing reach

so I had to climb it.

It's good to know I can still pull stuff like that off although I have to admit I was kinda shaky when I got back down.

Nice!

Wisdom 21   Dexterity 13   Charisma 14   Strength 20  Constitution-13

Elastigirl Endeavors, Experiments, , and Explains - Current Challenge: May 9 to June 12 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

so I had to climb it.

Seems reasonable to me. I don't have kids, but I feel like letting a bear eat your son is probably a sign of bad parenting. I'm sure climbing that fence gave you a great view of the surrounding area, and would have given you much advance warning of any approaching bears. Way to be a great parent!

Dare mighty things

Current Challenge

o_O

we'll just ignore the fact that I left my son at bear level...

besides that, not bad parenting. :)

I just did an hour of punches/kicks while watching The Expendables 2 in an effort to take out that slippery Mushroom King that hit me with his spore attack awhile back. I stayed at a lowish intensity and used it more as an extended warm up/flexibility practice. Felt awesome.

To find piece with myself
I must first find a piece of myself

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines