[Mini-challenge]#6: Un-bearable guests

Nuala

Nuala, I had no clue you weren't a native speaker! You're more convincing than most people I see on the internet.

I've got a question... I have no way of measuring the distance I walk, but I do have a 3ds, and every 3ds is equipped with a step counter. If the average stride length is approximately 2.5 feet, then it takes about 2000 walking steps to reach a mile. Would it be alright if I use this process to determine my travel distance and participate? I'm trying to run everyday anyhow, so this would just help.

Halfling; Samurai Assassin, Level 2

Challenge Number Three: Reboot

"Runners see the city in a different way. We see the flow... The flow is what keeps us running, keeps us alive."

ZOMBIES!!

We're supposed to have some awesome weather in VA this weekend! Perfect time to get out and put some miles in

“Obstacles are things a person sees when he takes his eyes off his goal.â€
- E. Joseph Crossman

lvl 1 Cylon Assassin 

STR 3 CON 2 STA 3 DEX 3 WIS 2 CHA 2

~Adapt and Overcome~

Challenge http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/22528-new-beginnings

Log http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/22111-elefevers-log/

Ack, running. Why is there never a river that needs swimming? Anyway, I'm in - I will do some sort of walk/run thingy and log it for the next week! Thanks for this, Nuala, you're awesome.

Well, actually there are rivers and lake around the town, so you may have to cross them too. So, swimming is also valid. Thanks for the reminder, I'll update the OP :)

Nuala, I had no clue you weren't a native speaker! You're more convincing than most people I see on the internet.

I've got a question... I have no way of measuring the distance I walk, but I do have a 3ds, and every 3ds is equipped with a step counter. If the average stride length is approximately 2.5 feet, then it takes about 2000 walking steps to reach a mile. Would it be alright if I use this process to determine my travel distance and participate? I'm trying to run everyday anyhow, so this would just help.

Of course, if you really have no other way, do it like this and pile some gold coins and streetpass in the same time :P

Thanks everyone for your enthusiasm! You guys are great!

Nuala, level 13 Robot mistress of pain, Assassin Guild leader

First journey: The Rise and fall of an Assassin

#1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10, #11, #12, #13

Second journey: Crawling back

This humble adventurer would be most grateful to join your company once more. My contribution to the last Assassin's quest proved meager, but testing my mettle with such an esteemed group is indeed an honor. FOR THE ADVENTURERS!

Avalonna, level 3 Half-Elf Adventurer RangerCurrent challenge & spreadsheet • First challenge • Second challenge â€¢ Third challenge • Fourth challenge • Twitter • Tumblr Nerd Fitness: "This is the place to be healthy with others who know how to field strip a light saber and read elvish while explaining the dynamics of sub-space as it relates to a warp field." - tanktimusSTR 7 ~ DEX 2 ~ STA 6 ~ CON 8 ~ WIS 4 ~ CHA 3

Fresh distance - so my up and down the ward at work won't count.  Too bad.  We have a fishtank at the end.  And chairs.  And who would think to look for a gathering of assassins in a hospital.  Oh wait... that's why we have the special police...

(However, out of curiousity, I'm going to see if I can find my pedometer.)

Half-elf Assassin, lvl 2St: 5, Dex: 3, Sta: 2, Con: 2, Wis: 3, Char: 3

Current Challenge: TBD

Battle Log: Up-Down, Up-Down, Repeat as Necessary

Burpee Backlog: 10

Went south-west with some lowly thief that always follows me everywhere, we found a nice place to eat but no good places for a secret meeting, too many peasant over there.

Avalonna, happy to see you back here as a worthy representative of the Adventurer guild, Heathbar, welcome :)

Nuala, level 13 Robot mistress of pain, Assassin Guild leader

First journey: The Rise and fall of an Assassin

#1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10, #11, #12, #13

Second journey: Crawling back

Well, actually there are rivers and lake around the town, so you may have to cross them too. So, swimming is also valid. Thanks for the reminder, I'll update the OP :)

Woohoo, swimming here I come! Love it.

Level 13 Elven Assassin
Challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | Current
Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. - Goethe

Went for a run yesterday, and put a new PR in jogging distance (for the good of the whole, of course).  It's nice out today, but I may put my next run off until tomorrow.  We shall see.  I also just looked at the countdown and realized that this is for a whole week and not just 2 days (which I had thought before).  And since I'm going running Monday, it's 50/50 which day I go and it's 25 degrees warmed today than it will be tomorrow.  So I guess that's settled.  Now I just have to wait for my breakfast to do the same.

Sorry about not taking pictures, but there really aren't any good places where I run (suburbia) anyway.  But I'll keep a lookout all the same, just in case.

EDIT: I just looked at the map of my run yesterday and realized that I started running before it started keeping track.  Result?  An extra .9 miles to my run, meaning I kicked the crap out of my old PR, rather than just edging it.  Woo!

Level 3 Ranger

STR: 6 | DEX: 3 | STA: 9 | CON: 4 | WIS: 6 | CHA: 5

Current Challenge

I use this website all the time for finding my mileage.... http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/

BlackWidowEowyn

Lvl 6 Hobbit Assassin

"Obstacles can't stop you, problems can't stop you. Most of all, other people can't stop you. Only you can stop you. " – J. Gitomer

"A vision of a champion is someone who is bent over drenched in sweat, at the point of exhaustion, when no one else is watching. "– Anson Dorrance

My kick in the Pants, #1, #2, #3, #4, #5

@missmajachere

I'm in :) i love getting outside no matter what the weather is

50f1c69d2ebd8_81275968246445680_Y3KUAH04

BlackWidowEowyn

Lvl 6 Hobbit Assassin

"Obstacles can't stop you, problems can't stop you. Most of all, other people can't stop you. Only you can stop you. " – J. Gitomer

"A vision of a champion is someone who is bent over drenched in sweat, at the point of exhaustion, when no one else is watching. "– Anson Dorrance

@missmajachere

Ooooh.  What is that picture, BWEowyn?

running with a sandbag.. in the rain :) not me but I've done it

BlackWidowEowyn

Lvl 6 Hobbit Assassin

@missmajachere

Logged a measly 2 and half miles today... Did not find anywhere suitable for the guild. I will keep hunting.

aisis, Level 2 Wood Elf AssassinSTR 3|DEX 5|STA 5|CON 3|WIS 4|CHA 3

1st Challenge: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/22206-prologue-and-exposition/

Current Challenge: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/25678-aisis-part-one-performance/#entry443199

Battle Log: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/25680-aisiss-battle-log/#entry443214

"All mankind is divided into three classes: those that are immovable, those that are movable, and those that move."

Just cuz?  Or part of a "Gonna suck but worth the bragging rights" thing?

it was part of a workout... and it happened to be raining :) but yeah sometimes it's just because its there

BlackWidowEowyn

Lvl 6 Hobbit Assassin

@missmajachere

Walked 3.3 miles through the woods today. Found a secluded valley, hidden in plain sight:

50f23f0372d94_IMG_2186.jpg

50f23f648b204_IMG_2188.jpg

There is even what appears to be a cave

50f23fda708da_IMG_2189.jpg

And those are my assassin-y footprints across the very sketchy bridge. 

Bounty Hunter Jedi Assasin

I must control my THOUGHTS...
THOUGHTS become WORDS
WORDS become ACTIONS
ACTIONS define your CHARACTER
CHARACTER determines your DESTINY
MyFitnessPal | tumblr 

Went out for a walk, didn't find anything suitable.

Did evade about 50 zombies though :D

"Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection"

Epic Quest: Sif's list of awesome

Challenge: let's smash another year #low-carb #push-ups #intermittent fasting

Spoiler

Sif rises once more (~2020): 1

The Return of Sif (~2018): 1, 2, 34567, 8

The Age of Kibcy (~2012/13): 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 89

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines