[Mini-challenge]#6: Un-bearable guests

Nuala

.nah, it's fruit punch, I think. =( now I want mango juice...

I'll work on it...I know a guy who knows a guy....Could get us a secret assassin supply of mango juice boxes for our new den.....

Bounty Hunter Jedi Assasin

I must control my THOUGHTS...
THOUGHTS become WORDS
WORDS become ACTIONS
ACTIONS define your CHARACTER
CHARACTER determines your DESTINY
MyFitnessPal | tumblr 

I'll work on it...I know a guy who knows a guy....Could get us a secret assassin supply of mango juice boxes for our new den.....

I'm thinking pomegrante juice, can you get some of that while you're getting the mango?  And do we have plans to get the turkeys on our side so they can be watch turkeys?

Wisdom 21   Dexterity 13   Charisma 14   Strength 20  Constitution-13

Elastigirl Endeavors, Experiments, , and Explains - Current Challenge: May 9 to June 12 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

The mist over the creek on my run was beautiful this morning. There were white cranes and hawks and water trickling over rocks beside frosted grass. I couldn't take a pic because I didn't have a camera, but I thought of you all when I saw it.

Level 17 Half Kender Assassin
XP 1700

Yesterday I went for a walk under the snow! Snow is not really common here so the walk was a real adventure! It was night time, the pavement was a little slippery my shoes were absolutely not adequate (poor toes!) but that was really fun! There is still a little snow today and maybe there will be another snow fall tomorrow for my last scheduled walk!

And I agree with elastigirl, we should tame all the turkey and use them as guards. Romans were using goose (geese?)  as guardbirds, so turkey should be effective too! We should find some turkey food along with the juice and start the taming.

By the way, are you all ready for next adventure? It will be there soon!

Nuala, level 13 Robot mistress of pain, Assassin Guild leader

First journey: The Rise and fall of an Assassin

#1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10, #11, #12, #13

Second journey: Crawling back

And I agree with elastigirl, we should tame all the turkey and use them as guards. Romans were using goose (geese?)  as guardbirds, so turkey should be effective too! We should find some turkey food along with the juice and start the taming.

THis is true... they have excellent eye sight. We'll have to start by infiltrating their ranks, pretending to be one of them... 

Any volunteeers?

<crickets chirping>

ok well maybe just bribing them with food is better anyway

:D

Also i second the motion for pomegranate AND mango juice boxes

BlackWidowEowyn

Lvl 6 Hobbit Assassin

"Obstacles can't stop you, problems can't stop you. Most of all, other people can't stop you. Only you can stop you. " – J. Gitomer

"A vision of a champion is someone who is bent over drenched in sweat, at the point of exhaustion, when no one else is watching. "– Anson Dorrance

My kick in the Pants, #1, #2, #3, #4, #5

@missmajachere

We might find our guards disappearing in the night one by one by hungry assassins.

Level 17 Half Kender Assassin
XP 1700

Not with the proper training. No assassin would eat their turkey brothers!

tumblr_mdwto6NvCX1rbvycjo1_1280.jpg

I say give the turkeys a choice. Either they are with us are in us.

Wisdom 21   Dexterity 13   Charisma 14   Strength 20  Constitution-13

Elastigirl Endeavors, Experiments, , and Explains - Current Challenge: May 9 to June 12 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

I vote for grape!  Old grapes at that.  Specific old grapes.

I have a large black Specific-Old-Grapes juice box that is perfect to share.

AND WE HAVE A WINNER!!

:D

BlackWidowEowyn

Lvl 6 Hobbit Assassin

"Obstacles can't stop you, problems can't stop you. Most of all, other people can't stop you. Only you can stop you. " – J. Gitomer

"A vision of a champion is someone who is bent over drenched in sweat, at the point of exhaustion, when no one else is watching. "– Anson Dorrance

My kick in the Pants, #1, #2, #3, #4, #5

@missmajachere

Old grape? like, the fermented kind? That would be a beverage to my heart!

And I added my last distance, in the snow again. That makes 24km/15 miles for me. Not much, I walk way more in the summer! I'll do better tomorrow for our next mission :)

Ack, I just saw this thread. I added in my kms from last week just in the nick of time (yay for time zones).

As for hideouts, there's always the indoor track/soccer field I do most of my runs on. Not much to look at, but there are guys who fly airplanes inside, so at least there's entertainment. Not sure we'd be able to have juice boxes, there are a lot of signs threatening uncertain punishments for those who drink anything but water. Then again, I'm not sure they guy who sits at the desk would really argue too loudly with a large group of armed assassins...

Dare mighty things

Current Challenge

Mission#2: Masters of disguises

day-33-they-still-suspect-nothing_o_7767

The week has passed and the assassins and other guild officials have sent their propositions to the assassins headmasters. Theirs answers doesn't takes long to arrive as several pigeons are sent to each team members. The messages sent to the assassins and the other guilds officials are cryptic. "There will be juice". "Presence of assassin turkeys". "Beware of falling fish". No need to say, no-one but us could decipher the hidden location out of these messages. Now we have to assemble.. discreetly. No one, not even the untamed guardbirds must know our presence in the new den. In order to do this, we only have one solution. Disguise ourselves to cross the forests, plains and mountains unnoticeable. Assassins are supposed to be expert in infiltrations, today, they need to be masters of disguises.

Translation:

Congratulation everyone! Going out to walk in the cold (well for some of us) was not easy, but we still did it. I may have lost one toe or two in the snow, but it was worth it! A big bravo to Croman red who walked/run for 28.4 miles/45.7 km. Good job!

This time, to trick humans and animals, we'll have to be sneaky and disguise ourselves in animals. For the next 4 days, you'll have to add in your routines at least one exercise whose name is an animal name, for example:

Arm workout (Reps)

Legs workout (Reps)

Glutes workout (Seconds + Reps)

Whole body workout (Distance)

Yoga poses (seconds):

Pigeon pose

Cow/ cat pose

Snake pose

Crow pose

Frog pose

You got the idea, you can of course add your own exercise as long as it follow the "animal name" rule. Of course, just putting a disguise on won't make it effective.. But you'll see how to become a master of disguise soon ;)

Where to write my numbers:

As usual, you have the quick and dirty spreadsheet. One day I'll learn how to make shiny ones, promise!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AotE3VGxMb_VdGJjWi1jRzEyck5VVzBHSWxjQUNIZlE#gid=1

And as usual, the

(yes, I hate myself too for that): http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/to?iso=20130125T00&p0=195&msg=Masters+of+disguise&csz=1

Awesome! Some of these are part of my normal routine already (cow/cat, snake), and I'll add some more in. I had started doing Bulgarian split squats for my leg workout, but I'll see if I can do shrimps instead. They'll never suspect a thing when they see the snake/cat/cow/bear/shrimp come sidling up the path!

SpiralGalaxy, Level 9 Halfling Elf Assassin
STR 17|DEX 13|STA 20|CON 13|WIS 21|CHA 15
Electromagnetics Engineer, Freelance sci-fi critic in Maryland

"I'm not telling you it's going to be easy, I'm telling you it's going to be worth it." 

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines