[Mini-challenge]#6: Un-bearable guests

Nuala

Phylanx - laughing on the way down makes the bump at the bottom hurt less.  (I keep telling my self that at parkour class!)

Waldo - ok... pose is darned impressive. But I have to admit I was initially more impressed that you have the large an expanse of uncluttered floor!  (Goes off to unclutter something.)

Half-elf Assassin, lvl 2St: 5, Dex: 3, Sta: 2, Con: 2, Wis: 3, Char: 3

Current Challenge: TBD

Battle Log: Up-Down, Up-Down, Repeat as Necessary

Burpee Backlog: 10

Did some cat/cow, my cat walked in at one point and gave me a disdainful look that plainly said I make a terrible cat. Added in some winged rat pigeon pose, with terrible form, my hips are NOT flexible. I ended up with most of my weight on my hands, and my butt not touching the ground, but it's a start. Also some downward dog, not helped by my own dog, who wanted me to throw the ball, goddamit!

Gonna work on a crow pose, but I dunno if I have the strength or wrist flexibility, but I'll try. Also going to try out a bear walk, but I have limited space so I may end up face planting into the couch...

Dare mighty things

Current Challenge

Well it wasn't pretty, but with all the straddle work I've done in the last few months, I was able to at least get into firefly for a bit, though I couldn't get the kink out of my legs.  Still, feet were off the ground, so it counts.

firefly-pose-inside.jpg

*Tries Crow* "That's not too bad, maybe I'm a yoga master"

*Tries Firefly* "Ermegerd! *Promptly falls over* "yoga master aspiration debunked"

Paradox, Humor, Change

Level Four Half-Elf Ninja (Assassin/Monk)

Str: 15.25 l Dex: 12.25 l Sta: 10.25 l Con: 5 l Wis: 10 l Cha: 7

"A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new." -Albert Einstein

Ninja Gecko Profile / Battle Chronicles

Ok guys, there's only one day left, it's time to start the final fight to determine who will be our masters of disguises, Be the best of all and earn a shiny title:

Crocodile Dundee
mca.png

Cocktail shrimp
mca.png

Fancy pigeon

mca.png

Stretching dog
mca.png

Member of murder
mca.png

Insane firefly:
mca.png

Hicking bear
mca.png

Duck hunter:
mca.png

Swamp singer:

mca.png

Nuala, level 13 Robot mistress of pain, Assassin Guild leader

First journey: The Rise and fall of an Assassin

#1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10, #11, #12, #13

Second journey: Crawling back

Nice titles, Nuala!

This morning while doing the Bird Dog pose...... I was attacked by a big, ferocious, fully grown beastie who decided it was a great time to come up and start rubbing my face and purr, LOL!  Then, just when I thought he gave up, he comes back and discovers I'm wearing a hoodie and promptly starts to play with the strings!  About the time I stop laughing (still holding the pose, mind you) his brother shows up and decides to join in the "fun".

Good grief, LOL!!  :D

Thunderstorm:  Level 3 Elf Scout

STR: 6.5  ~  DEX: 2  ~  STA: 3.5  ~  CON: 9.25  ~  WIS: 4.5  ~  CHA: 3

Training with ninja cats is always awesome. I'm so jealous, I don't have any pet :x

Quick leaders summary. At the moment where I type this message, the leaders are:

Crocodile dundee: Dill... Wolverine with 208 Crocodile pushups

Cocktail shrimp: Croman red with 200 shrimp squats

Fancy pigeon: Nuala with 240 seconds pigeon pose

Stretching dog: Crazyhawaian21 with 120 seconds downward facing dog

Member of murder: Twilson sqpr with 400 seconds crow pose

Insane firefly: waldo with 10 seconds firefly pose

Hicking bear: Phylanx with 400m bear crawl

Duck hunter: Thunderstorm with 600 seconds bird dog

Swamp singer: Croman Red with 120 seconds frog pose

Sneaky rope: Twilson.spqr with 180 seconds of snake pose

Mice nightmare: Otaku wanna fly with 20m cat walk

Mad cow: Nuala with 240 seconds of Cat/Cow pose

Would spider-man planks (or crossover spiderman planks) count for this?  I just realized I'm doing them as well and might toss them on the sheet.  Figured I could stack them with the spider pushups.

Level 3/1 Wild Elf Assassin/Ranger
Owner of the Lizard Demon
STR 12 | DEX 10 | STA 8 | CON 9 | WIS 12 | CHA 7
Our motto within STG is to always expect trouble. Failing that, create trouble for someone else. -Major Kirrahe

We do not experience fear, but we understand how it affects you. -LEGION

Party: Down & Dirties
Level 1: Ranger 1
Level 2: Assassin 1

Level 4: Assassin 3

2013 Resolutions

Well, spiderman is not an animal but it has spider in its name so I suppose we could count it. I don't know how it will compare to the spider pushups, I'll have to find a ratio.

And I forgot the spider title!

mca.png

I was feeling really smug with my 65 sec of crow pose, then I looked at twilson's entry--400 seconds?!? My hat is off to you!

SpiralGalaxy, Level 9 Halfling Elf Assassin
STR 17|DEX 13|STA 20|CON 13|WIS 21|CHA 15
Electromagnetics Engineer, Freelance sci-fi critic in Maryland

"I'm not telling you it's going to be easy, I'm telling you it's going to be worth it." 

Keep in mind that Crow Pose is one of my goals.  I'm spending at least a half an hour every other day attempting them.  I just added in more time yesterday.  I'll clock in another half an hour tonight, hopefully before the clock stops.

I'll keep the Spiderman Planks off the chart.  Makes everyone's life easier.  Besides, I can just do more Spider pushups.

Our motto within STG is to always expect trouble. Failing that, create trouble for someone else. -Major Kirrahe

2013 Resolutions

So I decided to go back and attempt crow again, and see how far I could get into firefly...I was expecting face/butt plants (I did tons of pushups yesterday for the Adventurers' Mini Challenge) but my body completely refused to take any weight off my feet! That was interesting. So, back to the easier poses for me!

Keep in mind that Crow Pose is one of my goals.  I'm spending at least a half an hour every other day attempting them.  I just added in more time yesterday.  I'll clock in another half an hour tonight, hopefully before the clock stops.

I'll keep the Spiderman Planks off the chart.  Makes everyone's life easier.  Besides, I can just do more Spider pushups.

Is Snake pose one of your goals as well? B/c if you hold off on those tonight, I actually have a chance at one of the categories. :playful:

SpiralGalaxy, Level 9 Halfling Elf Assassin
STR 17|DEX 13|STA 20|CON 13|WIS 21|CHA 15
Electromagnetics Engineer, Freelance sci-fi critic in Maryland

"I'm not telling you it's going to be easy, I'm telling you it's going to be worth it." 

Are Spiderman pushups the name of those evil things where you are spread eagle on your fingers and toes trying to keep the floor off your nose?

Nah, they start out like a regular pushup, but as you are lowering you also raise your right knee to your right elbow.  Then return your leg as you rise.  Repeat on your left.  They're good for all sorts of your bits.

Is Snake pose one of your goals as well? B/c if you hold off on those tonight, I actually have a chance at one of the categories. :playful:

Consider the snake badge yours.  Or at least... Consider me no longer contributing to the snake badge.

@Nuala: If at all possible, can you just reward me one badge (Member of Murder being my favorite)?  I'd rather not bump someone else out of the running.

2013 Resolutions

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines