Crazyhawaiian21's better late than never Quest!

Crazyhawaiian21

Ecstatic and anxious about being an Assassin, I've always thought mastery of one's own bodyweight and putting the body in motion is the peak of human physical performance. Strength, Balance, Agility, are all interconnected and an offset in one is a detriment to the other. I believe an Assassin needs all three in order to excel and look forward to questing with the clan. Ninja Gecko montage…. Begin!

Goal One:

Get in or get out, sneaking will only get me so far if the alarm has been raised. RUN!!!

Aerobic training: Swim 500 yds freestyle w/o stopping.  I am supremely comfortable in the water and am able to swim for long periods with breast stroke/sidestroke but always burnout swimming freestyle after 1 or 2 laps.   (Stamina, 4)

A) 500 yds / B) 450 yds / C) 400 yds / D) 350 yds

I have a pool right next too my work place and intend swim 3 times a week.

Goal Two:

Working up to the goal of completing the opening scene from ninja assassin...minus the nail board.

Strength: Complete 6 weeks of TRX functional strength training.  Stick with the 4 workouts a week to increase bodyweight strength at all angles. 

(Strength, 3; Stamina, 1)

A) 24 workouts / B) 22 workouts / C) 20 workouts / D) 18 workouts

Have all the equipment right in the apt. so no excuses!

Goal Three:

Being a spider monkey is excellent for sneaking around on those castle walls. Guys with heavy armor rarely look up!

Complete 4 different V2 bouldering problems in the same session.

(Dexterity, 3; Strength 1)

A) 4 x V2 / B) 3 x V2; 2 x V1 / C) 2 x V2; 4 x V1 / D) 1 x V2; 6 x V1

Rock gym 9 blocks away. Just got some climbing grips for the pullup bar so I can work on grip strength consistently.

Goal Four:

Every Assassin should be able to blend in and adapt to multiple environments so I will improve my L33T LAN9W49 skillz!

Practice spanish at least 3 times a week for an hour.

(Wisdom, 3)

A) 18 hours / B) 16 hours / C) 14 hours / D) 12 hours

Utilize N00B anguage software at home.

Paradox, Humor, Change

Level Four Half-Elf Ninja (Assassin/Monk)

Str: 15.25 l Dex: 12.25 l Sta: 10.25 l Con: 5 l Wis: 10 l Cha: 7

"A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new." -Albert Einstein

Ninja Gecko Profile / Battle Chronicles

You are a very worthy assassin, welcome!

Wisdom 20   Dexterity 11   Charisma 12   Strength 16  Constitution-12

Elastigirl Endeavors, Experiments, , and Explains - Current Challenge: May 9 to June 12 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Thanks guys!  I'm a big fan of the TRX, seems a little pricey at first but every exercise you do involves your core and requires balance.  The fact that you can take it anywhere and is super easy to mount makes it easy to take workouts with me and not rely on a gym to stay consistent.

Paradox, Humor, Change

As for spanish my wife speaks it fluently but I am on nights right now, so it gives me something productive that I can work on at 3am while the rest of the world is resting :)

Paradox, Humor, Change

welcome!  I like how you have your goals set up, very assassiny!

where u from in Hawaii?  I'm Oahu raised, but currently transplanted to the east coast.  I miss home  :neglected:

Chriskra, Level 1 Night Elf Ranger

STR 2|DEX 3|STA 2|CON 2|WIS 2|CHA 4

"The only easy day was yesterday"

Grew up as a little guy on the Big Island, Kona side. Where in Oahu? I was stationed there for a few years and have just moved to the Bay Area. 

I do find myself suddenly craving some spam musubi though :ph34r:.

Paradox, Humor, Change

So i realize it's only one week into the first challenge of the year but I'm already starting to form ideas on the next challenge.  I set up 3 fitness challenges for the first challenge and while ambitious might have been a little to much of "GET BETTER AT EVERYTHING NOW!".  

Next challenge I'm planning on creating one "Story Quest" and two other fitness "Side Quests" with the main quest garnering the majority of the stat upgrades with the side the minority.

Anybody have any suggestions or thoughts from their own leveling experience?

Paradox, Humor, Change

Update 1: So initial ninja/gecko training is is proving to be challenging yet rewarding in its own right. 

• My in-water adaptability has been increasing with practice.  I already managed to meet my swimming goal so I think I vastly underestimated myself or the power of setting a goal. Someday I'd like to complete a full lap (down and back) underwater. I can swim one length underwater but only at great discomfort followed by deep gasping breathes for oxygen.  Hard to be stealthy and amphibious when sounding like a vacuum cleaner with whooping cough.

• TRX strength training workouts have been right on track and while I could do more reps with the current workout plan I am trying to perfect form and easing myself back into good habits.  It is all suspension training so hoping the unstable platform will help with future planche training and handstand training.

• Need to get my head into the game when it comes to climbing.  I've got a rock gym nearby and shoes so no good reason not to be working on my Ezio impression.  Also started the 20 pullup plan with a baseline of 12, I think this will be a good reminder for climbing and building additional strength in conjunction with hand strength.

• Linguist skillz are a long way off from speaking anything other than "El gate esta duerme" (The cat is sleeping) but progress is being made and in the right direction, which would not in any way involve me watching snippets of Telemundo Soap Operas to glean words that I understand... :ph34r: 

Honestly I am just stoked to have found a bunch of like minded nerds and want to skip forward 5 weeks to see the results and plot the next quest to Ninja Warrior greatness. 

Paradox, Humor, Change

Hard to be stealthy and amphibious when sounding like a vacuum cleaner with whooping cough.

This description is hilarious, and I love it. Since you already defeated your swimming goal, are you setting a new one, or moving on? I've done both on different challenges - a running goal I achieved and then decided I was done with running, whereas a juggling goal I changed from an achievement goal (do this thing by the end of 6 weeks) to a routine goal (work on this thing x amount every week).

Level 13 Elven Assassin
Challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | Current
Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. - Goethe

This description is hilarious, and I love it. Since you already defeated your swimming goal, are you setting a new one, or moving on? I've done both on different challenges - a running goal I achieved and then decided I was done with running, whereas a juggling goal I changed from an achievement goal (do this thing by the end of 6 weeks) to a routine goal (work on this thing x amount every week).

Thanks, what I lack in grammar and sentence structure I make up with a goofy mind and Warhammer sharp wit!

As for the goal I'm going to stay with swimming to increase aerobic capacity but shifting my goal to include swimming for at least 30 min. twice a week including a 500yds swim test for time every other week.  Hopefully this will give me a better metric for later challenges/progress. 

Paradox, Humor, Change

Goal One:  (+4 Sta)

Get in or get out, sneaking will only get me so far if the alarm has been raised. RUN (or swim...)!!!

Aerobic training: Swim 500 yds freestyle w/o stopping.  Managed to complete fairly early on in the challenge, its amazing what a clearly defined goal can do.   

A) 500 ydsB) 450 yds / C) 400 yds / D) 350 yds

Goal Two (+3 Str; +1 Sta)

Working up to the goal of completing the opening scene from ninja assassin...minus the nail board.

Strength: Complete 6 weeks of TRX functional strength training.  Stick with the 4 workouts a week to increase bodyweight strength at all angles.  Pulled this one off by the skin of my teeth completing the last workout on the 18th.  Good strength gains and will continue to up repetitions for muscular endurance.

A) 24 workoutsB) 22 workouts / C) 20 workouts / D) 18 workouts

Goal Three: (+3 Dex; +1 Str)

Being a spider monkey is excellent for sneaking around on those castle walls. Guys with heavy armor rarely look up!

Complete 4 different V2 bouldering problems in the same session. Completed 5 V2's in the same session about 10 days prior to the challenge ending. Have been trying to better my technique and quietly place my feet at Scarlet's suggestion (it works).

A) 4 x V2 B) 3 x V2; 2 x V1 / C) 2 x V2; 4 x V1 / D) 1 x V2; 6 x V1

Goal Four: (+3 Wis)

Every Assassin should be able to blend in and adapt to multiple environments so I will improve my L33T LAN9W49 skillz!

Practice spanish at least 3 times a week for an hour. Spent about 30 min. a day on spanish which was much easier for my attention span!  Will continue to practice as I have made some significant albeit baby steps towards learning spanish.

A) 18 hoursB) 16 hours / C) 14 hours / D) 12 hours

Paradox, Humor, Change

All A's -WOOT ! Awesome job this challenge

Wisdom 20   Dexterity 11   Charisma 12   Strength 16  Constitution-12

Elastigirl Endeavors, Experiments, , and Explains - Current Challenge: May 9 to June 12 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines