Crazyhawaiian's Battle Chronicle

January 9, 2013:

1up  Goal 2: Completed TRX Strength Workout 1 (Legs/Core)

January 10, 2013:

2up Goal 2: Completed TRX Strength Workout 2 (Upper Body/Core)

January 11, 2013:

1up Goal 3: Worked on finger board for hand strength (10 sets x 10 sec.)

Had to do quite a bit of stretching to loosen up, shoulders might be in for a beating.

Paradox, Humor, Change

Level Four Half-Elf Ninja (Assassin/Monk)

Str: 15.25 l Dex: 12.25 l Sta: 10.25 l Con: 5 l Wis: 10 l Cha: 7

"A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new." -Albert Einstein

Ninja Gecko Profile / Battle Chronicles

January 11, 2013:

1up Goal 3: Went swimming today, 6.5 laps for 325 yds of continuous swimming.  Rested for a bit and followed up with some sidestroke, breast stroke and 2 over/unders.  Need to time myself next time to create a baseline.

Paradox, Humor, Change

January 12, 2013:

3up Goal 2: Completed TRX Strength Workout 1 (Legs/Core) Part of Week 1/Week 2 plan.

2up Goal 3: Went swimming again, 10 laps for 500 yds of continuous freestyle! I didn't realize how much pacing myself with a specific goal would help out! Huzzah! Definitely need to start timing myself and continue to increase distance and speed.

Really need to work on my linguist skillz to blend in and gather intel while living here in CA.  Fitness goals have been easy to stick to (for all of 5 days :) but sitting down and working on spanish has been hard before shifts. Any suggestions?

Paradox, Humor, Change

January 13 2013:

4up Goal 2: Another TRX workout done, looking forward to taking a break from swimming and TRX tomorrow

1up Goal 4: Wohoo! Finally brokeout the language material and sat my happy assassin....ass down for an hour of study time. Buenos Dias!

Paradox, Humor, Change

January 14 2013:

1.5up Goal 4: Maybe I shouldn't start "trying to learn" an hour before going to bed finished a lesson and should probably get a new headset.  Currently I have to say "el" four separate times before it registers.

100 Burpee Challenge: Staying consistent, did 14 after a quick warmup before playing a few too many hours of Black Ops II :)

Paradox, Humor, Change

January 15 2013:

2.5up Goal 4:  Broke up study time into 2x 30 min. sessions much easier to stay focused.

5up Goal 2: Still on track with TRX workouts, worried about the shift from Week 1/2 workouts to 3/4

100 Burpee Challenge:  Still on track for now, 15 knocked out as warmup for TRX

20 Pullup Plan: Conducted initial test, knocked out 12 dead-hang pull-ups.  Will start the rest of the program on Thursday.

Goal 1: Has been crushed but will continue to go swimming at least 30 min. two days a week.

Paradox, Humor, Change

January 16 2013:

Goal 1 *Bonus Level!* : Swam *spl?* for 30 min. alternating between freestyle, side and breaststroke. Worked on some interval laps with just kicks or just arms to focus on form.

6up Goal 2: Keeping strong with the TRX workouts, trying to reduce the amount of downtime between exercises to get ready for the next set of workouts.

Goal 3: *cricket*...*cricket"

3up Goal 4: Happy to have the wife to clarify vocabulary and grammar for future lessons.  Still working on a few basic nouns and verbs with a large emphasis on masculine vs feminine and individual vs. groups.

100 Burpee Challenge: Keeping consistent, no back log, no back log, no backlog... :ph34r:

Paradox, Humor, Change

January 17 2013:

100 Burpee Challenge: 17 and going strong, kind of minimizes the the "rest" in rest day though :)

20 Pullup Program: Completed all sets, this should be interesting.

Paradox, Humor, Change

January 18 2013:

Goal 1: Stayed high and dry today...but not actually high

7up Goal 2: 1 more TRX workout left before new week 3/4 beatdown!

Goal 3: Although I did not go climbing today I got some excellent advice from Scarlet and have been researching technique and different climbing moves.

3.5up Goal 4: Yo no hablan espanol bien. Lo ciento :)

100 Burpee Challenge: Still keeping it on a part of the warmup

Paradox, Humor, Change

January 19 2013:

Goal 1: hoy no nadando

8up Goal 2:  Week 1/2 over on to next progression 3/4

Goal 3: Continued research youtube/googling... got a new battery for the car instead of walking my happy @$$ to the rock gym.

4.5up Goal 4: Introducing additional vocabulary and different pronouns, think are getting a little challenging.

100 Burpee Challenge: 19 down, doing them faster to get the heartrate up and warm-up for TRX.

20 Pullup Plan: Thinking about taking this one a little slower, already putting enough strain on the shoulders and current set of goals may be overambitious with 35+ pullups in 15 min. or less.

Paradox, Humor, Change

January 20 2013:

2up Goal 3:  Went bouldering today for ~40 min.  Climbed all 11 V0 problems and 1 V1 problem.  Will endeavor to go climbing on a more regular basis because I love it and I've already paid for the membership!

5.5up Goal 4: Another 60 min. on Spanish, building up slowly.

100 Burpee Challenge: 20 and still going strong! (yet more winded then yesterday)

Assassin Missive Challenge 2: Challenge/training accepted, now to decide which ones to do!

Adventurer Mini-Challenge 3: I like pushups and really would a weapon with an edge to replace my bendy straw class katana.

Paradox, Humor, Change

January 21 2013:

9up Goal 2: Ermegehrd!, I feel like week 3/4 is at least twice as hard as the 1/2 program.  I was dripping sweat 2 exercises in, needless to say I will be sore tom.!

6up Goal 4: Worked up to the next 30 min. lesson, consistency has been a huge help in picking up little nuances that I would have missed previously.

100 Burpee Challege: 21 knocked out, I continue to use burpees as a warmup to the rest of my workouts, seems to be working....for now!

Assassin Missive Challenge 2: Did a little yoga session, pigeon > cat > crow pose (difficult but fun, totally put a pillow down for eventual tubmble) > bird-dogs

Adventurer Mini-Challenge 3: I think I'll do my pushup attack on Thurs or Fri this week.

Paradox, Humor, Change

January 22 2013:

10up Goal 2: Upper Body circuit today, feels like I'm doing many of the exercises to failure  :numbness: .

100 Burpee Challenge: 22 completed as part of my warmup, don't seem to be getting any easier.

Assassin Missive Challenge 2: Worked on as part of cool down, pigeon/crow/cat/birdog man!

Paradox, Humor, Change

January 23 2013:

3up Goal 3: Went to an intro to climbing class with my lovely lady so we can go top-rope together! Proceeded to climb for ~25 min. 3 V0's and 3 V1's

6.5up Goal 4: Moving into some unknown or at least very unfamiliar territory in regards to grammar, will def. need to clarify with my in-house translator tom. :)

100 Burpee Challenge: 23 knocked out hopefully before downstairs neighbors were in bed, I can only imagine the looks I get trying to explain that the thudding is from exercising at 1130pm.

Assassin Missive Challenge 2: Used it as a cooldown after bouldering, same pigrowatog as last time

Paradox, Humor, Change

7up Goal 4: Had to redo a lesson or two.  Learning grammar in spanish is heard, especially because I was never that great with the english language and speak and write more through "feel" than knowing all the rules and conventions.

100 Burpee Challenge:  Completed in 2 sets of 12 due to Adventurer/Kobold Slaying challenge.

Assassin Missive Challenge 2:  Thought I was in the running for the stretching dog title but didn't add anything today due to my pushup frenzy, didn't want to put any more strain in the shoulders than possible. Damn, maybe next time.

Adventurer Mini-Challenge 3: Gave it my all.  Currently on nights so from midnight to 6 am I knocked out my fingertip pushups (to strenghen for climbing) between rounds of Call of Duty. Slept till 1pm and did the rest on my fists (for stronger wrists). Total number of Kobolds taken out 525 and wishing myself luck to escape bed tom. :)

Paradox, Humor, Change

Thanks :), my shoulder have yet to forgive me and probably less inclined to do so when I tell them they have to swim and complete another TRX workout... :ph34r:

Paradox, Humor, Change

11up Goal 2: Not nearly as shaky legged as last time but still left me sweating like a hot meal in a closed container.

4up Goal 3: Went bouldering today.  Started with 3 V0's and climbed one V1, didn't make it up 2 other V1's, said screw it and tried 2 V2's and was victorious!  No other V2's were attempted.  Kill count 6 V0's, 1 V1 and 2 V2's.  Need to keep making it to the rock gym and observing more experienced practitioners.

8up Goal 4: Soldiered on through finishing Part 1 Act 1 of Spanish 1 :). If certain words are phrased to me in the exact order that I may understand them, I may have the capability to reply correctly...if given appropriate multiple choice options :).

Adventurer Mini-Challenge 3: Thank ye gods that one is over!!

Assassin missive #4: Abs for the Juice! Not Armstrong Juice, just juicebox or wine :D.  All TRX, L-sits and Hanging leg raises thus far!  Must have juice!!!!....I wonder if could substitute chocolate milk, they can come in juicebox like containers!

Paradox, Humor, Change

26 January 2013:

Goal 1 *Bonus Level*: Swam 500yds free w/o stopping again.  Followed up with some breaststroke trying to see what the fewest amount of strokes it takes to cross the pool to improve form and glide.  Need to bring               a watch for timing purpose.

8.5up Goal 4: Asking a few more questions each day, usted, nuestra, nuestro etc. probably focusing more than I ever did on English for correct grammar.  English I def. learned by feel than obeying rules.

Burpee Challenge: Forgot to do them... tomorrow's gonna suck.

Assassin missive #4: Also omitted from daily training routine, must work for da juice!!!

Paradox, Humor, Change

Goal 1 *Bonus Level*: 500 free in 12:07, worked on 5 more laps.  Felt pretty sloppy in the water, I blame it on upper body TRX workout 45 min. prior

12up Goal 2:  Really want to work on the incline/almost handstand presses.  Need to pick up some raised platforms so my face doesn't squish the ground before full range of motion.

9up Goal 4: Another 30 min. Huzzah!

Burpee Challenge: Guh, 53 burpees today, had to do them in 3 sets.

Assassin missive # 4: More planks, crunches and L-sit's.

Paradox, Humor, Change

28 January 2013:

Mostly Rest Day...Mostly

9.5up Goal 4: Treinta minutos mas. On track for an A as long as I stay consistent and practice a little bit everyday.

Burpee Challenge: 28 burpees and a good reminder why one should not skip cumulative reps :ph34r:

Assassin missive # 4: Beat up some mushroom men and promptly cook them up for dinner NomNomNom.

Paradox, Humor, Change

29 January 2013:

Shifting to Day 12 hr shifts from nights:  Little rough so far, crashed early last night but woke up at 2am, couldn't fall back asleep and got out of bed to do stuff at 3am.

13up Goal 2: Workouts still challenging but did not struggle as mush as last time, core planks and suspended crunches FTW. 

5up Goal 3: Went bouldering in the wee hours of the morning once the rock gym opened up.  Took my time and rested between problems and followed Scarlet's advice and placing feet as quiet as possible from hold to hold.  Knocked out 3x V2's!!!!  As hard as I tried to get the fourth my fingers/hands/forearms wouldn't let me take it all the way.  Also completed 2x V0's as warmup and 1x V0/1x V1 for cool down.

Burpee Challenge: Double dipped on the burpees for the Assassin missive and 100 burpee challenge :).  Threw in a couple more for ole times sake. 

Paradox, Humor, Change

30 January 2013:

Goal 1 *Bonus Level*: Completed another 500 free but at 13:05, not sure if I did an extra lap or was just that much slower... I can be terribly bad at counting while running/swimming.   Did some back/breast/side stroke to even things out and force all muscles to participate.

14up Goal 2: Still working on unsupported, inclined suspended pushups (what a mouthful). Body is def. sufficiently challenge and trying to stay consistent with form and full ROM.

Burpee Challenge/Assassin Missive #4: Completed 30 to squish 90 mushroom men!

Still working on shifting back to days, shifts my time constraints a little bit and I rarely feel like jumping into spanish lessons after coming home and playing some video games.

Paradox, Humor, Change

31 January 2013:

Goal 1 *Bonus Level*: Worked on sprint interval for freestyle and breaststroke.  I also tried to compare how efficient my strokes were but seeing what the fewest number of strokes I could use to swim a length. It was 6 for breaststroke and ~13 for freestyle.  Also working on 5 strokes between each breath as opposed to 3 for increased aerobic capacity.

This is my friday night for the weekend so I was a little brain-dead and not as motivated that I wanted to  be.  I'll have to focus burpees and spanish to get back in the game.

Paradox, Humor, Change

1 February 2013:

Goal 3 *Bonus Level!*: So my last bout of training for Mt. Midoriyama fell feet from my goal of reaching the summit of 4 separate V2 bouldering problems in one session.  This time I warmed up with some burpees (crushing some mushroom men) actively stretched and focused my chi for the next attempt.  I clambered up 3 problems with the "pump" settling its way into my forearms, weakening my grip and eroding my confidence.  I shook the the doubts out and started up the wall.  After I reached the top I could barely believe that I had made it!  Looking at the problem as a set the problems seemed much less complicated once completed, each foot and handhold evident in their progression through the problem.  I rested for a few more minutes and said what the hell, found a different V2 and again made my way up the wall!!!! 5 V2's in the same session, YAHOO!

11up Goal 4: Worked slowly throughout the morning and afternoon to catch up on spanish lessons and complete 3 active recall quizzes for previous lessons. Back on track!

Burpee/Assassin Missive #4: Continued working on burpees and got fully caught up as well huzzah!

Paradox, Humor, Change