Crazyhawaiian's Battle Chronicle

2 February 2013:

15up Goal 2:  Saving this workout after dinner and a movie not such a great idea, onto the week 5/6 workouts where most of the workouts are a minimum of 2 sets so a dramatic increase in the number of reps for each individual exercise.  (My legs will be unhappy tom.)

12up Goal 4: Spent a time this morning while munching down on breakfast to wrap my head around espanol.  Reviewed one lesson out of 6 for a couple of incorrect answers.

Burpee/Assassin Missive (Mushroom men and Da' King!): So squished a few more mushroom men but found it hard to be motivated to shadow box or kick without something to contact, I will endeavor to grind into the Mushroom King more tomorrow.

Went for a great walk through Redwood Regional Park, some beautiful trails I def. look forward to incorporating into future challenges/workouts/trail running :).

Paradox, Humor, Change

Level Four Half-Elf Ninja (Assassin/Monk)

Str: 15.25 l Dex: 12.25 l Sta: 10.25 l Con: 5 l Wis: 10 l Cha: 7

"A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new." -Albert Einstein

Ninja Gecko Profile / Battle Chronicles

3 February 2013:

16up Goal 2: Completed workout after helping prep some dinner vittles.  Now on week 5/6 workouts where there are two sets of EVERYTHING! Def. stresses muscular endurance and trying to maintain form to the best of my ability, as predicted legs are unhappy due to DOMS.

12.5up Goal 4: Finished a full lesson (30 min.) currently on Level 1>Part 2>Section B.  Which means i have a ways to go with 3 levels, 4 parts each with 5 sections to boot.

Burpee/Assassin Missive: Kept up with all 34 burps but am now breaking them up into 2 or three sets.  Didn't punch out the Mushroom king though, need to find something else other than shadow boxing for MA activities.

Tendons around elbows are a little tender as are the shoulders.  I'm planning on picking up some indian clubs to increase range of motion and strength for shoulder mobility and injury prevention.

Paradox, Humor, Change

4 February 2013:

Goal 3 *Bonus Level!*: Went climbing today for ~1 hr, the goal being to climb all of the V1 problems (total of 10), most of which were straightforward but the of course the last was the trickiest and I no longer had the hand strength to overcome....Next time....next time

13.5up Goal 4: I was off of work today so took the opportunity to dive into language lessons for the day.

Burpee/Assassin Missive: knocked out the requisite burpees and joined the Gauls! for freedom, juice and ...throwing smelly fish at romans... *mushroom nom nom*.  Sun salutations and some distance for the cause.

Paradox, Humor, Change

5 February 2013:

Goal 1 *Bonus Level!*: Went swimming during lunch break, 35 min. just alternating strokes again.  Working on swimming underwater for distance and backstroke because it is just plain awkward.  Someday I'd like to be able to do butterfly but right now it just feels like I am trying to drown myself :).

17up Goal 2: Another lower body workout.  Abs at the end are still killer but other movements aren't so bad, I need to test my one-legged squats unsupported to see where I am at.

14up Goal 4: Slow and steady wins the race, did my lessons just before hitting the hay.

Burpee/Assassin Missive: Knocked out 36 burpees and did 4 sun salutations throughout the course of the day to loosen up.  Huzzah Gauls!

Paradox, Humor, Change

6 February 2013:

18up Goal 2: Upper body workout, took it very easy as the tendons and or ligaments at the elbow are tender and complain when pushing or pulling.  Basically did the abs and active stretching for recovery.

Goal 3 *Bonus Level!*: Went climbing for ~45 min. went and bouldered for fun without any set goal in mind.  V1's, V0's mostly 1 x V2 and tried out a V3 just for the heck of it and made it!

15up Goal 4: worked on after climbing.

Burpee/Assassin Missive: Still going strong 37 spears dodged and with 2 sun salutations for cooldown after rock climbing.

Paradox, Humor, Change

7 February 2013:

15.5up Goal 4: My little push for the day

Other than that I was a lazy bones and will need to make up burpees tomorrow. Elbows still a little tender so don't mind taking another day off.

Paradox, Humor, Change

February 8-11: Little bit of a low point over the last couple of days.  Shoulders and elbows have been a little tender but nothing to crazy, spent friday and saturday resting up and catching up on some spanish.

19 & 20up Goal 2:  Feeling the effects of reaching the end of the challenge.  As long as I get two more workouts in by the 14th I can still get a B.  Kinda bummed that I started so strong and have fallen off the wagon as of late.

16, 17 & 17.5 Goal 4: Much easier to sit in front of a computer when lazy than move around.  Just a few more lessons!

Burpee Challenge:  After my lazy period and sore shoulders I have no desire to subject them to 140+ burpees today just to catch up, I'm out.

Assassin Missive:  Climb ninja gecko climb! Started with rows and will start knocking out pullups tomorrow. 

Paradox, Humor, Change

12 February 2013:

*18up Goal 4*: Yahoo! Got to my goal with a few days to spare.  Will continue to do lessons as it has almost become just a habit that if I don't feel like working out or being "that productive" my language program is already open and I can jump right in. It also happens to be pointed conveniently away from other distractions.

Assassin Missive: knocked out 24 dead-hang pullups and 24 dead-hang chin-ups.  Looking forward to focusing on getting back to 20+ pullup program for the next challenge.

Still finding a balance of working on goals and winding after 12 hour workdays.  It's hard to go to the pool after 6am-6pm shift or the rock gym.

Paradox, Humor, Change

13 February 2013:

21up Goal 2: Not to shabby completed less strenuous work out but ended up sweating all the same, one more for a challenge B!

Assassin Missive: knocked out 18 more pull-ups and 6 more chin-up.  All dead-hang and usually in sets of 6 so I can keep good form throughout.

Paradox, Humor, Change

14 February 2013: *1st Goal finish!!!!!!*

Quick recap (I'll be more detailed on actual challenge descrip)

*Bonus Level* Goal 1: Met goal and continued to swim, best time of 11min 7sec

22up Goal 2: Despite my short lapse I still completed a total of 22 full TRX workouts (avg 3.5 a week :)

*Bonus Level* Goal 3: On 02 Feb 2013 I completed not 4 but 5 V2 problems in my climbing session.  A few days later I tried a V3 for funzies and made it!

*Bonus Level* Goal 4: Kept up with spanish lessons through the entirety of challenge.  Generally I would knock out 30 min. a day regardless of what else was going on.  It is def. paying dividends and regular exposure to the lessons have made continuity a lot easier.

Overall pretty happy with the results and look forward to crafting the next challenge.

PS Did a HforH build and am totally deadbeat tired. 8hrs of manual labor has got my usual workout toasted :)

Paradox, Humor, Change

February 15-17:

Funny story, ok not really that funny.  I thought thursday was the end of the challenge... hence the slacking ....

23up Goal 2: Upon that bombshell, I picked my happy ass up and did another TRX workout, wohoo!

The 15/16 were workdays from 6am-6pm so def. lost steam, plotting the next challenge.  As long as I finish a workout on the 18th I'll have met my TRX goal too!

Assassin Challenge: Hooray for pullups!  Doing them in sets of 6 looking forward to the next challenge including the pullup workout regimen.

Paradox, Humor, Change

February 18 2013:

*Bonus Level!*  Goal 2: Yahoo! Finished it out by the skin of my teeth :).

All goals have been reached! The only iffy one is the swimming, I honestly thought it would be a lot tougher (not that it was easy).  Looking forward to the next challenge, I think I'm going to have my next goals be a little more open ended as far as activities so I can mix it up more often and get credit, a lot more mobility and injury prevention oriented work times too.

Paradox, Humor, Change

February 25:

1up Goal 1: Went rock climbing for 45 min. only goal was to complete all V0's totalling 10 for the day.  Working on footing and not relying on finger/upper body strength for problems. Things are getting easier and will try all V1 problems next time for a volume day.

1up Goal 2: Rolled out the legs and stretched upper body constantly working on IT bands, really want to start trail running.

1up Goal 3: I cooked a Frittata! Really it turned out pretty easy, ended up very similar to a scramble only baked.  The resident cook though it was tasty and finished hers before I even got started!

1up Goal 4: Did 30 min. of lumosity, forgot how fun it was, big fan of the memory games as my short-term memory is terrible.

All in all good start for Mt. Midoriyama.

Paradox, Humor, Change

26 February 2013:

2up Goal 1: (Land) I am Batman! Well maybe not but I did the workout and although it was very brief I got a lot out of it and will probably continue to use the movements for BW workouts.

2up Goal 2: Used heating pad on IT bands, and used the foam roller, the lady of the house recommended an epsom salt bath but I didn't quite make it that far.

1.5up Goal 4: At Red's recommendation I have just taken to throwing out spanish words that I think make sense for conversations. Maybe not as productive as a solid language session but def. a greater variety of phrases and funny looks.

Also embarked on an epic walk of SF waterfront, ended up with 9 miles completed. After going for a short jog in the morning my legs are beat-up. VFFs not the best idea for 9 miles of concrete and sidewalk.

Paradox, Humor, Change

27 February 2013:

3up Goal 2: Stretched after work, legs are sore in strange ways, especially the calves from exteneded VFF use. I guess I should do some workups before jogging and walking long distance.

Paradox, Humor, Change

28 February 2013:

3up Goal 1: (Sea) Went swimming for ~35 min. and made it 1000 yds.  500 of which was non-stop freestyle followed up by which ever I felt like/had the energy to do.  Actually working on backstroke as I believe it to be my most awkward stroke... not that the other ones are beautiful but it probably looks like a cat fell in the water.

4up Goal 2: Continued stretching out the legs with some heat followed up by a foam roller. Still not fun but necessary.

2.5up Goal 4: Did a full brain workout! Need to get back on the spanish wagon though.

Paradox, Humor, Change

01 March 2013:

3up Goal 1: (Air) Went bouldering with my better half, my wrist popped in different way on the first problem.  Should've warmed up more before tackling a moderate difficulty route.  Still had a good time and there wasn't a loss of strength or swelling.

3up Goal 4: Yahoo! Got some new high scores on brain games.  Fun once I get started it just takes a little bit to get into.

Paradox, Humor, Change

02 March 2013:

Very Lazy...Very Very Lazy....

5up Goal 2: Continuing to stretch lower body with emphasis on IT bands, hips, lower back etc.  used heating pad to loosen up muscles before subjecting them to the foam roller.  

Paradox, Humor, Change

03 March 2013:

4up Goal 1: (Land) Went for "I am Batman" workout #2.  Still working on shoulder strength as well as wrist flexibility but was sweating in 5 min. and dripping by the time it was done, good fun for those caped crusader wannabes out there.

6up Goal 2: Same as yesterday, looking up a set of stretches as well to try and appease the tight legs.

2up Goal 3:  Under instruction attempted to make homemade cinnamon toast crunch cereal!  Didn't work out, apparently the recipe was extremely conservative so our planned tasty cereal turned out more like whole wheat crackers :).  Till next time, also helped with making nachos but didn't go the distance.  I think next time I'll be able to take care of the full monty.

Paradox, Humor, Change

04-12 March 2013:

So took a little vacation and barely visited NF to update content, luckily there is some content to update so here it goes!

5up Goal 1: (Land) Completed a hotel bw workout while traveling.  Working out otherwise was not going to happen due to an excessive amount of walking/overeating and lack of motivation.  On the plus side since going on vacation me and the wife averaged ~8 miles a day.

11up Goal 2: Worked on diligently due to high walking mileage (for me).  IT band would tighten up throughout the course of the day and need some TLC.

3up Goal 3: Made a salad to go with dinner, easy out I know but it still counts.  Used mixed greens with slices of clementines, walnuts, and diced salumi.  Pretty tasty and well received, though not as tasty as the sourdough, brie and mushroom grilled cheese.

7up Goal 4: Other than reading some excellent magazine articles and expanding my mind with some excellent theatre I only jumped back on spanish and brain training over the past two days.  Have been enjoying short spanish conversations which have done wonders for putting things in perspective language wise and expanding vocabulary.

Paradox, Humor, Change

13 March 2013:

6up Goal 1: (Air) Went climbing for ~40 min or so just concentrated on form, foot placement and letting joints take the majority of the weight as opposed to muscles.

13up Goal 2: Finally got indian clubs in the mail! Basic exercises are not difficult to learn and def. enjoy swinging the clubs around. The moves involving more coordination will take some time though. Stretched for 20 min. and did a 30 min. yoga flexibility course.

9up Goal 4: Did a few spanish lessons and a full round lumosity brain exercises.

So here's to jumping back into the challenge headfirst.  I figure there's some lost time to make up for and feel like I'm getting off on the right foot.

Paradox, Humor, Change

14 March 2013:

7up Goal 1: (Sea) Went swimming for 35 min. Talked with a police dive team conducting training for search and recovery operations, cool guys, and fun to watch the divers conduct training as I swam laps above them.

14up Goal 2: Worked with the clubs throughout the course of the day and did a 30 yoga flexibility session.

10up Goal 4: Couple more spanish lessons in addition to brain training on lumosity good stuff all in all.  

Just got get back on the bandwagon for cooking tasty noms.

Paradox, Humor, Change

15 March 2013:

8up Goal 1: (Land) Did a power yoga workout today, nothing too crazy while trying to maintain good form and not overextend myself.

15up Goal 2: More work with clubs in addition to additional stretching after yogi time.

10.5up Goal 4: Completed a couple more spanish lessons focusing on time and place.

Paradox, Humor, Change

16 March 2013:

Went to a bike repair class for the majority of the day, I can fix my own wheels!

16up Goal 2: More work with clubs in addition to flexibility yoga workout

11.5up Goal 4: Full brain training session with some spanish mixed in.

Paradox, Humor, Change

17 March 2013: 

9up Goal 1: Did random sprints for 45 min. usually 30 yds in length with random periods of rest between sets.

17up Goal 2: Work is def. showing results with yoga and range of motion for the shoulders and not sound like a broken record but more clubs and flexibility work (especially after running)

Paradox, Humor, Change