Time to get my sh!t sorted ....

Hey all

So I'm a 21 year old male from New Zealand.

As i'm sitting here writing this, there's 4 empty pizza boxes, 3 empty bottles of coke and various other fast food wrappers sitting on my desk. I've been reading Nerd Fitness for a few weeks now and have realised I'm not going to start making any progress till I start posting. 

I'm not a fan of measurements etc as ive always found them depressing (although I do know i'm about 100kg, no idea what that is in pounds for you imperialists) but will be taking photos(which i wont be sharing :) ).

I'm setting myself a few goals, i just hope i'm not being a bit too ambitious. First thing is my diet, I quite like the look of going paleo. I already eat a lot of meat and veges but I tend to cook other crap along with it that I don't really need, but it just tastes so damn good.

The other main thing that has thwarted previous attempts at fitness is my sleeping patterns. I tend to stay up all night playing Battlefield 3/reading books and then sleep all day on the weekends and feel tired all day when I'm working and resort of sugar loaded energy drinks (none of that coffee shit).

Once i get my sleeping sorted out i want to start running in the mornings and doing body weight workouts, I've even purchased one of those door frame pullup thingys, haven't gotten around to using it yet though....

I'm about to head out for the supermarket, lets see if i can avoid buying unhealthy food and go paleo.... (if you haven't picked up on it yet i'm all about the self doubt)

I have to say it already feels like progress after writing this

Hopefully i'm here to stay :)

Hey TMP!  The hardest thing, as I always tell myself, is getting out of the front door. It sounds like, with this post, you did just that.  Keep checking in here, soak up the motivation. 

Clean up around your desk! You are worth a clean living and working area, and that leads to having a clean headspace. There's a reason they call it a clean start ;)

I look forward to seeing you around. We'll reach our goals!

I do have suggestions on a plan of action for you.  Fixing your sleep schedule alone is going to give you a huge improvement.

Black tea, fruity green tea, and mixing fruit juice with carbonated water are great ways to help wean you off the soda.  For the fruit juices, see how little juice you can use to make the soda water taste good, or use lemon juice and gradually decreasing amount of sugar.  Also up your water intake.

Going to paleo from your diet is going to be a huge shock.  Start by getting used to cooking everything from scratch, I suggest a crock pot and looking into cooking for the freezer.  Get in the habit of buying fresh fruits and veggies and getting them cooked before they go bad.  I also rely heavily on frozen vegetables and canned tomato.  Go ahead and allow dairy, potato, rice, boxed pasta, and ragu makes an inoffensive "no sugar added" jarred sauce.  Make a pizza crust from scratch and freeze it so you can have a pizza without resorting to take-out or frozen convenience.

Aim to be convenience-food free by the start of summer.  I find cutting out grains makes me want better vegetables, and the cheapest / best quality is eating seasonally.

I have conditions that affect my social awareness.  If I am rude, tell me what I could do better.

5'8" & 220 260 pounds | Miles Walked: X

2019: | 1 | 2 | 3 |

Pre 2017: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | * | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 |

But do it it small achievable chunks, one piece at a time and do what you can.  Enjoy the process :)

Smile every time you turn down that soda in favor of a sparkling water because you know you're one step closer to a life-change, an improvement.

Soda was huge for me, but proud to say its now a very VERY rare treat.  I haven't dumped coffee yet -- that's just my morning thing, but I take it black, no sugar, no cream.

We're close to paleo at home, not 100% but I do notice the difference.  

Again, enjoy the process of stripping the little things away, one at a time!

Meet Me

Elf Adventurer -- (STR: 2, DEX: 3, STA: 2, CON: 2, WIS: 3,CHA: 3)

"You're not **UNATTRACTIVE**"  -- (This will forever haunt me, but ultimately how I ended up here.)

Hey Guys, thanks for the replies

Last 2 nights i've gone to bed at 11pm and gotten up at 6am. Have drunk only water and a little bit of milk(definitely feeling the headaches from the lack of caffeine). Been eating mostly paleo, meat/egg/veg/fruit an nuts. Will slowly lower my fruit intake as its been quite high the last 2 days as im used to high amounts of sugar an its a bitch to change suddenly.

Went for a short run this morning to try it out an got further than i thought, got home an tried some pull ups, sit ups, dips and squats to see what works an what doesnt, definitely keen on the body weight stuff

Having fun already!