• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
at348am

whole30 bathroom talk (warning: kind of icky)

I am on my second whole30 (6 days in) and I am now remembering something that really made me a little crazy on my last whole30. When I go to the bathroom, its almost never solid. :/ I don't know if its all the veggies or the extra protein or the fat or what, but for some reason I always seem to have unfortunately liquid-y bowel movements.

Mostly it doesn't bother me, and I feel great otherwise. it isn't like I am running to the bathroom all the time or anything like that, but after a while I start to get freaked out and worrisome that this isn't healthy. I just can't ever seem to figure out how to fix it.

Does anyone else seem to have this problem, or know what could be causing it? should I be worried? help!

I remember this happened when I first started paleo because of the fat content. It seemed to even out. namelesswonder could be right, though. You may be using too much fat.

Can you post a couple days of food for us to evaluate?

I haven't been keeping a food journal on this whole30 (even though I know I probably should, but I can give you a couple of typical days. 

breakfast: scrambled eggs with salsa (I use a little bit of olive oil here - maybe 1 tsp or less to keep the eggs from sticking)

Lunch: leftover whatever I happen to have from the last couple of nights.

one day I had left over twice baked sweet potatoes (sweet potatoes, ground turkey cooked in coconut oil with some spices )

another day I had broiled rosemary garlic lemon chicken with garlic cauliflower mash (had some ghee in it) and mushrooms in a balsamic reduction (with about 1tsp olive oil)

yesterday for lunch I had cauliflower rice with mixed frozen veggies and tomatoes and a salad with left over lemon caper chicken (lemon, capers, chicken, onions cooked in about 1tbs coconut oil (for the whole dish - I ate this twice), with 1/4c homemade chicken stock) and a salad with oil and vinegar dressing - about 2 tsp olive oil

for dinner I have been having about the same kind of things that I have for lunch.

If you're not used to coconut oil, it can have a laxative effect. Start small.

Overall, it doesn't look like you're using too much fat, but you don't usually use any (you have only discussed your current diet, not what it was outside of the Whole30), it might take some time for you to adjust. 

Also, look up the bristol stool chart. Watery stools are bad, but soft is okay.