Be a Grown up, pt.1

Caprictor

I am turning 17 on January 16th, with graduation coming quickly ahead. Not only am I 17lbs underweight, but I would like to be able to move around faster and healthier.

My 6 weeks challenges will be:

Packing my own lunches,

School food is distasteful anyways free or not, and I would much rather eat a full lunch then wait until snack time at home. It would help to add more fruit and (sigh) vegetables to the diet too. I'm aiming to gain weight. STA+3 CON +2

Get the basic work outs well known and on task,

Working out 2-3 times a week and building up every week, natural beginnings... STR+3 STA+2

Work with the theater team,

I recently offered help to the school's UIL team as a tailor. Since I have a hard time speaking to people, I felt practices to be much more in public matters than just with friends would be good. Also doing clothes for other people has to be different. CHA+3 WIS+2

The first 6 weeks are probably going to be the hardest for me, so I'll start with just three. Growing up is hard, but I have 365 days in a year to build up to it.

|Doppelganger Assassin|

Level 2

_STR 3.25-DEX 3-STA 6.5-CON 4-WIS 6-CHA 6_

Welcome to the assassins! I like your goals. Trust me, I'm still trying to be a grown up. I probably would have fared better if I had started thinking about it when I was 17. 

I noticed you don't seem to be super excited about the veggies lol. Before I found nerd fitness I was a mega veggie-hater. Now I almost don't go a meal without them, and I love it. Have you found any in particular that you like/dislike? It's all about rummaging through and finding the super-yummy ones, specific to you. For instance, I discovered Kale, which I didn't know existed. It looks like shriveled up half dead spinach [not appetizing] but is DELICIOUS. 

Do you have a specific work out plan in mind?

Can't wait to see how you do with your challenge!

Bounty Hunter Jedi Assasin

I must control my THOUGHTS...
THOUGHTS become WORDS
WORDS become ACTIONS
ACTIONS define your CHARACTER
CHARACTER determines your DESTINY
MyFitnessPal | tumblr 

Haha, well, I like steamed broccoli and seaweed (though I'm not sure that count, whoops). Baby carrots I can stand too, but I'll try to look up some more vegetables to try! c:

As for work outs, I found a beginners guide to the basics: 2 sets of 10 squats, push-ups, leg-ups, and pull-ups (each, don't worry lol). As weeks pass by, I'll add more sets and numbers. After the 6 weeks and if I'm able to pass through, I'll start to do other things on the weekends (the work outs right now are usually during the work days). 

Thank you so much for the relpy! 

|Doppelganger Assassin|

Level 2

Update Time!

Packing my own lunches,

This week, I have successfully been able to pack my own lunch for the week. The only down step is that I haven't been able to buy more fruits (or vegetables) and been using the household foods I found. But at least I have a nice set up to use.

I planned to work out 3 times this week, but I missed one night (for my birthday dinner). I'll be making up for it with my party this weekend (we're rock climbing). Other than that, I'm good on everything except work outs focusing on my arms. I heard women find it hard to gain arm muscles, but I don't want that to be an excuse to let it go.

I am continuing my work with the theater but not much can be reported right now.

|Doppelganger Assassin|

Level 2

Welcome to the Assassins, Caprictor! I'm w/Happienumber on this one - kudos to you for wanting to develop skills and habits which will last a lifetime. I'll be watching you!

-Emissary

"You're not in it to get Most [Recognized Rebel Ever]. You're not in it to be eligible for prizes. You're in this because you made a promise to yourself and you refuse to let you down. Walk the talk. And even when you don't talk much, make the walk so powerful that it leaves no room for questions - from inside or out." -note to self

Str7.5 Dex6 Sta5.7 Con11.8 Wis10.4 Cha2

"Do not underestimate the determination of a quiet [person]." -Iain Duncan Smith

Intro post~Challenge 1~Challenge 2~Challenge 3~Challenge 4~DATALOG: E2O's transformation

"A warrior does not give up what he loves, he finds the love in what he does." - Dan Millman, Way of the Peaceful Warrior

wild Elven Adventurer Level 3

Update Time!

Packing my own lunches,

This week, I have successfully been able to pack my own lunch for the week. The only down step is that I haven't been able to buy more fruits (or vegetables) and been using the household foods I found. But at least I have a nice set up to use.

I planned to work out 3 times this week, but I missed one night (for my birthday dinner). I'll be making up for it with my party this weekend (we're rock climbing). Other than that, I'm good on everything except work outs focusing on my arms. I heard women find it hard to gain arm muscles, but I don't want that to be an excuse to let it go.

I am continuing my work with the theater but not much can be reported right now.

Nice! Great job on the lunches. That's a hard habit to make, and the habit is the first step. Rock climbing FTW! You'll find a lot of Assassins are getting into rock climbing lately. It's a great skill and a killer workout! Just as much mental as physical. 

You can still get wicked strong as a girl. Its just a matter of starting at the beginning and working the way through the progressions. Don't let the nay-sayers discourage you. I can't tell you how many times I've been told by a guy at the park or the gym that I should be doing push ups from my knees "because girls aren't strong enough, you'll hurt yourself" [while I'm doing one-arm incline push ups, which that know-it-all guy probably isn't strong enough to do]. 

Rock climbing will definitely help in that regard. Are you able to do ten pull ups like you mentioned in the "beginner's workout", or is that a guide to getting up to ten pull ups? If you're already there, rest assured you have TONS of upper body strength in relation to most people. If not, working "negative" pull ups is super helpful: jumping up to holding your chin at the bar, and lower yourself down slowly. 

Looks like your cranking right along! Good work!

Bounty Hunter Jedi Assasin

I must control my THOUGHTS...
THOUGHTS become WORDS
WORDS become ACTIONS
ACTIONS define your CHARACTER
CHARACTER determines your DESTINY
MyFitnessPal | tumblr 

Ah, thank you so much for the advice! I can't wait to try it next week! Speaking of, next week I'll start adding more numbers to each set (I still need to figure out how to do that correctly, but I'll manage).

Hopefully I could go buy some good foods this weekend.

|Doppelganger Assassin|

Level 2

Update 2!

Packing my own lunches,

Still going strong and I've been able to take a lot more fruits with me. Vegetables are still hard to come by so that'll be a focus the next couple of weeks.

Rockclimbing was great, the building was a little more advance that I was used to, but I managed well in doing some non-supported climbing. The week I started building up in work outs, but I'm unsure if adding +5 to each set was the way to go as I was noticeable a lot more sore than past workouts. Either way, I'll do 30 of each workout next week to get used to it. 

I recently was shown around the theater and am currently drawing drafts of costumes for the actors. Once I get the casting roles, the real challenge begins with speaking to different people about their outfits.

Sorry I posted late!

|Doppelganger Assassin|

Level 2

Glad you enjoy climbing! I started bouldering a few month ago, and now it's almost a drug for me. I even dream of bouldering! Don't forget that for BW workout, you can increase your exercise difficulty. When squats are too easy to do, try Bulgarian split squats for example. No need piling numbers of rep when what we want is strength :)

Nuala, level 13 Robot mistress of pain, Assassin Guild leader

First journey: The Rise and fall of an Assassin

#1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10, #11, #12, #13

Second journey: Crawling back

Yay! Fruits. Looks like your challenge is doing the same thing for you as it is for me: helping me learn my weaknesses/strengths. Keep up the good work. :)

"You're not in it to get Most [Recognized Rebel Ever]. You're not in it to be eligible for prizes. You're in this because you made a promise to yourself and you refuse to let you down. Walk the talk. And even when you don't talk much, make the walk so powerful that it leaves no room for questions - from inside or out." -note to self

"Do not underestimate the determination of a quiet [person]." -Iain Duncan Smith

Intro post~Challenge 1~Challenge 2~Challenge 3~Challenge 4~DATALOG: E2O's transformation

"A warrior does not give up what he loves, he finds the love in what he does." - Dan Millman, Way of the Peaceful Warrior

Thank you guys for the recent comments/replies! c:

Let's see:

Packing my own lunches,

Going well, still no vegetables however. I found a more efficient way to carry my stuff (unlike forgetting the lunch box twice now, haha). I recently got a lot of fruit too.

Ouch! I did pretty badly this week on scheduled workouts, and I know I can't excuse it. sigh. I'm also finding difficulty to find a proper set up to use pull ups. Getting one up brings another down it seems. Speaking of which...

This week I greatly upped my abilities in this area by talking and helping out around the theater. This however takes 2 hours out the the day and really pushes me to manage time. I think I found a new challenge for the next 6 weeks.

Sorry if everything is hard to read, it's very late and I tend to write worse.

|Doppelganger Assassin|

Level 2

Packing my own lunches,

Still going well!

Catching up with workouts again, went ice skating on Saturday for a party. Twice I forgot to stretch afterwards! 

Found a friend to work with and I'm able to feel more comfortable with her there. Getting to talk with the director more.

C: Next week is Valentine's, I hope to eat some chocolate then!

|Doppelganger Assassin|

Level 2

Yay! Chocolate. Also yay! ice skating, lucky you. I've never been. Stretching is kind of my nemesis... I have a hard time not slacking off, but I'm glad when I do. *sigh*

Keep it up, Caprictor! I'm still watching you. :) You're doing great!

-Emissary

PS: I also love how I'm already thinking about what to do next challenge based on what I'm learning about myself this challenge.

Okay! Thank you everyone! Now I have to set some new challenges! 

Thank you Happienumber, Emissary2Ornj, and Nuala!

I have to give myself a

A for lunches STA+3 CON +2

B for workouts (since I slipped up on a few for the last weeks) STR+2.25 STA+1.5

and A for getting to work in Theater CHA+3 WIS+2 

I'm now:

|Doppelganger Assassin|
Level 2

|Doppelganger Assassin|

Level 2

Fantastic job on the challenges. Having a new habit of making your lunch will be a win all over.

Wisdom 21   Dexterity 13   Charisma 14   Strength 20  Constitution-13

Elastigirl Endeavors, Experiments, , and Explains - Current Challenge: May 9 to June 12 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines