Weight Advise HELP!

acb3421

Hi,

I am a Male, 18 and in the last couple of months i have been trying to lose weight, whilst been sucessful in losing some weight I want to lose more. For about 3 months i have been doing 40 minutes to 1 hour of cardio (cycling) and 350+ sits up as a daily routine. My stomach had gone down noticeably but I have now developing ab muscles growing at a fast pace. I feel like my stomach is getting bigger because of the ab muscle but the fat remaining makes it look my stomach is getting bigger(bloated feeling). I am not sure what to do? complety stop doing sits letting the muscles go down and continue the cycling or to continue with the sits and cycling and see what happens. Hiow do i get my stomach flat again?

Ayn advise is greaty appreciated.

Thanks

Hey ACB!

I believe I just answered this in an email to you - to get rid of the fat: clean up your diet.

And cut wayyyyy back on the sit ups.  Situps can wreak havoc on a lower back over time...you'd be better off doing full core movements that work your lower back and stomach.  Things like push ups, pull ups, planks, hanging knee tucks...all work your core in a way that a situp (only half of a movement) never can.

Clean up your diet!

-Steve

Rebel Leader. I post videos of my dog on Instagram, and sometimes even share fitness wisdom. SOMETIMES.

In addition to what Steve said, please lift weights. All cardio and ab work will turn you skinny fat, which is an improvement, but not much. If looking good is your goal, muscle looks freaking awesome. And you totally don't have to turn into the hulk if you don't want to. Not to mention building muscle will increase your bmr which means your body will burn more calories all the time.

"I like you just the way you are" - Mr. Rogers

In Br0din's name we gain.

What someone suggested to me to lose weight is to pick 3 or 4 exercises and do them consecutively 3 or 4 times without any rest in between after I've done my heavy weight lifting. It should take about 5-7 minutes. Exercises to select from:

10 pushups

10 dips

10 dumbbell snatches

60 seconds of plank

15 situps

5-10 leg lunges

10 dumbbell squats

10 leg curls on a stability ball

10 squat presses

10 squat jumps

Pick any 3 or 4 of these.

Alternatively, do 8 sprints. I go to the track and sprint the straightaways and walk the curves. This takes about 15 or 20 minutes (guessing, I've never actually timed it).

This is supposedly all the cardio you need.

I'm female, 47, 5'3", 135lbs.sbhikes, level 1 Gnome adventurerSTR 1|DEX 1|STA 5|CON 3|WIS 3|CHA 2(according to this, not that I truly understand what that means)