Hi,

I am a Male, 18 and in the last couple of months i have been trying to lose weight, whilst been sucessful in losing some weight I want to lose more. For about 3 months i have been doing 40 minutes to 1 hour of cardio (cycling) and 350+ sits up as a daily routine. My stomach had gone down noticeably but I have now developing ab muscles growing at a fast pace. I feel like my stomach is getting bigger because of the ab muscle but the fat remaining makes it look my stomach is getting bigger(bloated feeling). I am not sure what to do? complety stop doing sits letting the muscles go down and continue the cycling or to continue with the sits and cycling and see what happens. Hiow do i get my stomach flat again?

Ayn advise is greaty appreciated.

Thanks

I'd vary your workout a bit - crunches aren't super efficient at working your abs - try doing this 2-3 times a week http://nerdfitness.com/blog/2009/12/09/beginner-body-weight-workout-burn-fat-build-muscle/ and see how your fitness improves!

If you still want to go mad on your abs, try this http://www.blogilates.com/animated-gifs/fabulous-flat-abs-gif-from-pilates-bootcamp - looks pretty girly, but the exercises are intense.

When you cycle, make sure you vary your intensity - interval training will work better than just pedalling along at the same pace. Bodies are tricksy, they adapt really quickly to frequent activity, so you need to keep surprising them to make them work hard.

Incorporate some strength training. Muscle is a good thing, what you need now is to lose bodyfat% so you can SEE the muscle. What are you eating? We have a couple of aphorisms: Diet is 80% of weight loss, and You can't outrun your fork.

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath