~peaks out from cave~

Hey everyone :D New Rebel here. I'm 20 years old, a computer scientist working on computer graphics and finishing up my last year and a half of college. When I was super young I used to be naturally skinny. About the time I turned 13 though my lifestyle changed from playing basketball and wandering outside to more academic things. I competed on a First Lego League Team, began performing in an Irish violin group (Na-Fidleiri) and orchestra, and started studying programming, game development, and computers in general. This more sedentary lifestyle came with a cost and I quickly lost control of my weight. Add to that the fact that during my last year in high school and for most of my college life I've struggled with anxiety, depression, and low self-esteem, means that I sadly fit the typical nerd image. :(

But that changes now!

I plan on losing weight, making more friends, getting my first girlfriend, and becoming all around awesome. I should be posting my epic quest here shortly and plan on taking control of my life.

"But wait!" I hear you say, "You haven't really told us about who you are now."

No, I suppose I haven't, curse you fickle audience, always asking for more. I suppose I am forced to share a few things about myself then. Lets make a list! We nerds like lists right? Let's go with a top ten list.

1.) I have a co-op job as a graphics programmer.

2.) I have been on a performing tour in Ireland with the group mentioned above

3.) I represented my home state at the international robotics competition

4.) I was homeschooled

5.) I am known for being able to quote almost all of Lion King and Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along-Blog from the top of my head (but we all know Balto is better than any Disney movie)

6.) I believe cats are the best thing ever, yes, better than sliced bread

7.) Final Fantasy VII is my favourite game of all time. (And the movie is good too)

8.) I am American, but use British spellings for most everything (eg. colour, neighbour, favour, grey)

9.) Flashpoint is actually my favourite show on T.V. (I may have cried when it ended T.T)

10.) Yes, I cried when Zack Fair died.

~re-reads numerous times~ Hmm.... I suppose that will do as far as introductions go. I'm always open for questions/talks though if I did miss anything :)

~ambles away nomming on a banana~

I too use British spellings; in my case we'll assume it was too Many Agatha Christie's in my youth.  Glad you added us to your list of fun stuff.  I hope you'll jump right into the challenge - it already started, but we don't care.  There is some great reading on Steve's blog (click the NERD FITNESS tab above) and on the free resources - especially regarding healthy eating (the place to start - eating good food). 

The hardest part of the workout is lacing up your shoes'"

1011 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Current Challenge |

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

I suppose I should mention I have read every single post (power reading, woohoo!) and am actually pretty paleo (for example, lunch is a salad with chicken and almost no dressing, just because I like it). It's just a matter of excersizing a little more and cutting out some of the extra junk I eat. (as Steve has said before, farewell family sized bag of M&M's).

I started using the British spelling way back when first learning to write. Maybe I can blame it on Paddington Bear and now Dr. Who.

Wait, I just realized, since steve has officially welcomed me to the rebellion, does this mean I can get a leather jacket with the Nerd Fitness logo on it?

Welcome! Decided to come check out your intro since you were kind enough to comment on the D&D post. Being new to the game isn't a problem for us, though I would feel bad stealing you on Fridays when you already have a group! Either way, let me know and we can catch about meeting up at some point (I go to University of Maryland, jakebruno works in Rockville, so we aren't far). :)

Now I'm off to go read your life-quest and cheer you on.

Storytelling Rebel
| Blog | Twitter

"“You've seen my descent, now watch my rising." ~ Rumi