DaniRiekwel's post pregnancy challenge

DaniRiekwel

I tried to sign up last year... but for some reason the forum wasn't working for me. So just remembered that another 6 week challenge has begun. I'm a week late.. but all good!

I'm a level 1 Halfling Druid. 

STR: 2

DEX: 2

STA: 2

CON: 3

WIS: 3

CHA: 3

I'm actually doing pretty well after giving birth in November. I don't have the body back that I had a few years ago, but I'm working on it. I'm currently 72 kg and 157cm tall. yikes. But this is just 1kg off my pre-pregnancy weight so I call that a WIN.

1. Yoga daily following beginner app. 

+3 DEX

2. Walk for 30 mins everyday with my daughter. aw

+2 STA

+1 CON

3. 21 day paleo cleanse (extreme paleo - no nightshades, eggs etc). slowly add in extra ingredients to fix my constitution. (no mouth ulcers please please please.)

+3 CON

4. Launch blog

+3 CHA

+3 WIS

Let's DO THIS

Lvl 5 Mermaid Hobbit Assassin

STR 7.5 / DEX 8 / STA 6.5  / CON 14 / WIS 12 / CHA 10

"Everything will be alright in the end. If it's not alright, then it's not the end."

Current Challenge

Hi! Thanks for the reply!

Actually, it's really just launching it... because I already have a bunch of blog posts written! Ugh I'm just a chicken/perfectionist. I want it to look good, be perfect, have the perfect direction plan etc... now I'm giving myself a deadline and a bunch of goals leading up to "launch" so that it gets out there..

I'll keep you posted. Accountability etc.

:)

"Everything will be alright in the end. If it's not alright, then it's not the end."

Current Challenge

Welcome to the rebellion. Those look like good goals.

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Welcome to the Druids! Glad to have you onboard.

How are you doing with your goals?

I love that you include your daughter in your walks... never too soon to set a good example! :D 

Lusitanian Druid, Level 9
STR: 13 | DEX: 15 | STA: 17 | CON: 22 | WIS: 25 | CHA: 25

“We are what we repeatedly do; excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.†- Aristotle

Current Challenge: Living the Good Life II Past: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th,  8th9th, 10th11th, 12th

Goal: 1001 Steps on the Road to a Home -> 18/348 in 2015 

5.27%
5.27%

Goal: loose 9KG in 2015 -> 1.5KG lost 

16.67%
16.67%

Alright..  I meant to update weekly, but I forgot how long it had been. Here follows the update.

It felt so good to empty my pantry of all the horrible food that was making me sick. I started the cleanse four days after this post, so I could start at the same time as my husband and a good friend. So far I've done 1.5 weeks and lost 2 kg! I'm down to my pre-pregnancy weight. YEAH BO. What most amazes me about this diet - i don't feel hungry. I'm eating plenty, my milk supply is high, I feel energetic and not hungry. I have to make myself eat dinner.

Walking everyday? CHECK. One day I walked for 3 hours for bonus me-points. 

Yoga? what is this? fail. I bought my mat today and right after this post I plan on doing a workout.

Website? 

Well - I had this plan to do a blog on a certain topic... turns out that is far too much effort when I have a little one. That idea is going on the back burner until she is no longer a baby. too bad. But - my new idea is going just swell and on schedule for launch day.

so far.... 75% win. :)

Current Challenge

So glad things are going well on the eating and walking front! How cool is it that what you are eating is allowing you to loose weight and have a good milk supply? Awesome!

14 days to go until the challenge ends... lets do this!

Also... if you get a chance join us during the mini-challenge. The Druids need your help!

http://nerdfitnessre...omans-are-here/

“We are what we repeatedly do; excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.†- Aristotle

Current Challenge: Living the Good Life II Past: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th,  8th9th, 10th11th, 12th

5.27%
5.27%

16.67%
16.67%

My cleanse is almost OVER THANK GOD. haha. It's actually been pretty good! It's difficult to find food in the netherlands that doesn't contain bread... and generally when it doesn't, it has potatoes. so I've been to shopping at the local produce market and eating a LOT of pears and mandarins and courgettes. Those seem to be what I eat the most of. and Sweet potato. I've also discovered dried dates are the best to cure chocolate cravings!

I did do a bit of Yoga, though I must admit my diet is the priority so I don't bother too much if I run out of time during the day (part time job and little baby and papa studying for his drivers license = no time for mummy)

Website? It's almost ready! woooooo.

Current Challenge

You're doing great, keep it up!

If you want to work yoga into your busy schedule, you could do some poses randomly throughout the day...  Standing poses typically don't need a yoga mat, so you could do some while waiting for food to cook!  It feels great to get in the habit of exercising during times that you'd otherwise just be standing there doing nothing.  That's usually when I get my stretches in:  Waiting for water to boil and that kind of thing.  But that might just be because I'm an inefficient cook.  :P

Robert, level 3 Half-Gnoll druidChaotic Evil

Current (third!) challenge

STR 3.5|DEX 4|STA 8.5|CON 2|WIS 6|CHA 4

Sweet! did Mini challenge number 2 and got me an attribute point...

I pick... DEX. since I won't be getting much for that. 

I added Eggs into my diet today and yesterday. I was REALLY sick. I'm not sure if I had a bad egg or if it was the eggs at all. possibly not since my husband felt sick too - maybe one of the ingredients in our breakfast smoothie was funny? I'll try again tomorrow and see what the reaction is.

Current Challenge

The tip to fix yoga poses into the day is great. Also applies to checking on your posture and a few kegels now and them! It took me forever to start having better posture after my pregnancies... so checking on posture several times a day is great. :)

Maybe give yourself another day before you try eggs again?

Hmmm, I should go pick my extra attribute point. Thanks for the reminder! :)

5.27%
5.27%

16.67%
16.67%

well eggs are working out for me now. I wonder if it was just ultra sensitivity due to no eggs for three weeks? anywho - not a problem now.

Yoga has been going well. Not every day - I think I took on too big a goal with the yoga everyday. It's hard to find 30 mins a day for yoga. All at once anyway. I think next challenge I will aim to do one stretch a day. I plan on making a calendar with the stretch for the day, and then mark how many times I managed to do it that day. And plan on 30 mins every 3 days or something. 

I've also made a point of walking ALMOST everyday. A couple of days I didn't make it out, because of weather. Sleet, rain, hail and snow. I don't go out with Lorelei in that weather unless I have to for work/food shopping. But I've been for a couple of long walks - to my appointments out of the city centre. I live in the Netherlands and if you live in a centre of a small city, it is pretty expensive to own and park a car, and also a bit pointless. It would be nice to get to other cities more often (the trains are very efficient here, but still a hassle), but everything I need is within walking/biking distance. Can't bike with a 3 month old though, so some walks were longer than 1km there and back! good work out in the snow with a stroller!

So far I've lost 4kg! I have cheated a bit this week with valentines chocolate. And easter eggs. I think I need to buy me some dates to help with that craving. After going to the dentist for 2 fillings, they damaged some of the gum area and I have mouth ulcers again. :S the chocolate definitely aggravates it so I have to give it up to be a saturday treat. I did the four hour body diet before I got pregnant, and having a cheat day helped to keep me on track. tomorrow is Saturday, so that makes it my cheat day and then on we go with Paleo 6 days and 1 day cheat (but NEVER EVER EATING GLUTEN EVER AGAIN)

My blog - well... TOMORROW it will be launched! 

YAY!

:D I love this. Nerd fitness is by far been the best motivator for me to improve my life. I've really enjoyed this challenge and next challenge I plan on making it a goal to get more involved with the community. I've loved that people have commented on my posts - thank you peeps! but I haven't really made time to check out other people's challenges. :( Next time I will!

Current Challenge

AH I DID IT!

http://forlorelei.wordpress.com/

The post will come up later when my husband has finished working on our main computer... the pictures are on the hard drive there.

:) I can't wait to show off the cute things I make for her.

Current Challenge

Final stats!

lost 4kg. WIN

walked everyday except 4 because of weather or illness. WIN 

+2 STA

+1 CON

Yoga daily. FAIL. I did it 5 times total.

Paleo cleanse. WIN. I had chocolate a few times though.

+3 CON

Launch blog. WIN. 

+3 CHA

+3 WIS

Mini Challenge 2 + 3 

+2 WIS

I feel more motivated than ever. Onto the next challenge!

Current Challenge

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines