What to do with nut butter?

shiggles

Hi everyone,

I've recently found a great local source of nut butter so I bought quite a large jar.  However I have hardly had any nut butters since my progression towards paleo so I'm not really sure what to do with it.  Previously I would really only have it on a sandwich or with some crackers so I'm a bit at a loss now.  And I'm not sure I really want to go down the celery or playing card route.

"I lift heavy things. Sometimes these things are people."

I never heard of anybody putting peanut butter on a playing card (is this some parlor game?)

You can put it on your finger, on a spoon, on apple slices, on banana, on bell pepper, on carrots, mixed with raisins, frozen and sliced, stirred into curry...

Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

Hylian Assassin 5'5", 143 lbs.
Half-marathon: 3:02
It is pitch dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Once in a while I put it on a spoon in lieu of desert - when I really want desert but know I don't really want desert.

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

You can make pancake batter by mixing a big spoonful of nut butter with a mashed up banana and two eggs.  Best breakfast in the world.  

You can also use it in shakes and smoothies.  Nut butters go very well with coconut milk in the blender.

"Anyone can carry his burden, however hard, until nightfall. Anyone can do his work, however hard, for one day. Anyone can live sweetly, patiently, lovingly, purely, till the sun goes down. And this is all life really means." ~ Robert Louis Stevenson

You can make pancake batter by mixing a big spoonful of nut butter with a mashed up banana and two eggs.  Best breakfast in the world.  

You can also use it in shakes and smoothies.  Nut butters go very well with coconut milk in the blender.

both of these ^ 

1 Rep Max Deadlift-180lbs

1 Rep Max Clean and Jerk-90lbs

1 Rep Max Push Press-70lbs

1 Rep Max Back Squat-135lbs

1 Rep Strict Press-65lbs

Fitocracy

2 weeks till Hawaii

Made these the other night. Yummy.

http://blog.stuffimakemyhusband.com/2012/05/single-serving-microwave-brownie.html

Personally I used a whole egg, doubled the rest of the ingredients, except the baking soda/bicarbonate of soda which I omitted altogether.

Level 3 - Platypus Ranger
STR: 3 | DEX: 5 | STA: 3.5 | CON: 5.5 | WIS: 9 | CHA: 3

Fitocracy | Fitbit | Daily Challenge | My Fitness Pal | RunKeeper

Exactly!!!

You can also add some in this 2 ingredients (banana + oats) cookie recipe

or

You can replace the honey with it in this super healthy granola recipe

Level 6 Amazon Assassin Ranger

challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5

the rebuilding of the Amazon: #6

^ Ditto to granola. If you have a cool whole foods market in your area you can get some dried fruits and mix it in. Right now I have Banana Bread granola and a nice crumbled blueberry, cranberry and cashew mix I use for cereal. You can also mix with cooked oats and add a little bit of fruit of course if you like a warm breakfast or don't wanna get caught with a granola bar (plant rights and peace btw lol).

I find the spoon .. mouth route also a little dry. I just CAN'T eat it like that.

Make paleo energy bars? A quarter cup of that baby into the recipe and you're set for a week.

Level 3 - Half-Elf Warrior, STR - 5 | DEX - 1 | STA - 6 | CON - 5.5 | WIS - 3.5 | CHA - 5

I know where I'm going, and I know the truth, and I don't have to be what you want me to be. I'm free to be what I want. ~  Ali

Previous Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

If you have any bananas that are starting to get old throw them in the freezer... later cut them open and blend them together with a little bit of nut butter and some water if it's too thick.  Makes a great ice-cream like smoothie.

LVL 3: Zoran Warrior

STR:9 | DEX:5 | STA:10 | CON:5 | WIS:12.75 | CHA:9

Current Challenge: Not Really A 6 Week Challenge Challenge

Previous Challenges: 1st2nd

"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. Good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant."