Good day everyone!

I'm Halifirien. You can call me Hal. Or Hali. Or my real name, Cory. I'm here today because I'm ready to change my life. I have never been a physically fit person. I've spent most of my time either in school, playing video games, watching movies, reading books, or any number of other nerdtastic activities. 

I won't give you the long version of this story (though anyone who wants to know is free to ask), mainly because I hate typing. We have Vent/Mumble/Teamspeak/Skype for long stories. After 24 years of nerdery, I'm ready to get fit. This is mainly to be healthy, but I have other nerd activities that I would like to pursue that would work a lot better if I were fit (i.e. cosplay). 

Also, "I want to see mountains again, mountains, Gandalf!" True story. The first time I knew I wanted to be fit was when I couldn't hike for more than half a mile near the top of Mt. Rainier. And I swore that the next time I was there that I would make it to the top.

I've always been able to focus on only two full time things during my life (as I'm sure all of us have). For the past 7 years that has been school, and the World of Warcraft. I've dropped WoW to make my fitness and health my second full time activity. I'm ready to stop playing in Azeroth and become the Tauren Warrior that I've been questing with for so many years, in real life.

There you have it.

Good day,

Halifirien

Welcome aboard Halifirien! It sounds like you've got the first part figured out, what you want and why. If I may suggest, the next step would be to get some specific goals. What, in measureable terms, would it mean to be a real life Tauren Warrior? Strength? if so, how much should you be able to lift doing what exercises? Speed? if so, how far should you be able to run in how much time? Flexibliity? If so, be specific. After that, break those goals down into bite sized chunks. The six week challenges are a gerat way to do that. It's not too late to get in on the current one.

Good luck!

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Hello Halifirien and welcome to the Rebellion!  I second the recommendation of joining up in our current 6 Week Challenge.  It's my first and I'm already motivated to do far more than I thought I would be when it started last week.

If you're like me, you probably are "planning on" going full Paleo, quitting soda, working out 6 days a week, and learning a martial art right now.  But don't be afraid of small changes.  I'm expecting it to take 4 months total to get to my first level of fitness, which is not-unfitness.  Once I'm not unfit, then I will probably start doing things like martial arts and kicking my friends' butts in Tough Mudders.  Pick one thing and do it today.  I recommend defining your Level 50.  (Steve has a whole article about it here.)  Dream big, and then start thinking in realistic terms.  If it's going to take you 10 years to get there, what are you doing today to get started?

It's awesome that you've made the decision, now comes the fun part.  Good luck!

Lydieboo, Level 1 Barbarian AdventurerSTR 2|DEX 2|STA 2|CON 2|WIS 4|CHA 3"Only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of total, constant amazement."

Lydieboo's Do or Die Winter Challenge

Another Aries.  I love films, card games, word games...we could be twins...except I'm 30 years older than you and think that the StarWars films (as a body of work) are meh.  But welcome anyway!  I don't have anything brilliant to add to what Tanktimus and Lydieboo have said.

The hardest part of the workout is lacing up your shoes'"

1011 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Current Challenge |

INTJ | MFP | FitBit