I sit behind a desk for a living in a job that always has food around and that provides doughnuts every Friday. As a result, I have jumped back to 255 on Jan 1st.

I am tired of being overweight

At the first of the year, I jumped back into the slow/carb diet and on 12th I was sitting at 240. This week I am making the transition to Paleo. basically cutting out beans. It has been tough this week, I am hungry a ton. I seem to be eating every few hours. And I still have the bad habit of 1 12oz Diet soda a day - I am drinking a ton of water though!

I also started the basic body weight workouts this week.

My fitness goals:

Tough Mudder in 2014

180lbs 10% body fat by Jan 1

touch my palms to the floor (not flexible enough to touch my toes yet)

I am glad to be here - looking to find some accountability other than my wife and my waist.

Happy to be here!

Welcome to the Rebellion, Shigles!  And those are some awesome goals.  You've already got a good handle on what needs to happen and I'm glad to see you're going Paleo.

A few tips:  You will want to eat every few hours when you're eating Paleo.  This is natural.  Don't beat yourself up over it.  Instead, plan your snacks ahead of time.  I bring an apple and some almond butter, raw trail mix, or organic uncut carots to work for my two snacks during the day.

If you feel hungry constantly, try upping your protein/fat intake.  Steve has cited lots of excellent sources that talk about fat, and especially healthy fats, like from nuts and oils.  I had a hard time getting enough calories at first because I was eating so much spinach (which is great for you) and fruit, but not enough oils and fats.  I still eat lean cuts of all my meat, just enough that I don't feel hungry all the time.  Some peopel will recommend protein shakes, and if you like them you might want to look into a raw one that doesn't have sugar or HFCS added.

The other thing I really strongly recommend is that you stop soda as soon as you can, even if that means you have to eat non-paleo for a short time to do so.  Soda is, IMO, one of the top 5 worst food products we consume in our society.  If that's not enough motivation, take for reference the fact that I lost over 5 pounds within a couple of weeks the first time I quit drinking soda.  (And that was years before I heard of any of this Nerd stuff.  :D )

Not to load you with a bunch of unsolicited advice right away, but I'm definitely rooting for you, and believe in your ability to follow through with decisions you've made.  Good luck, rebel!

Lydieboo, Level 1 Barbarian AdventurerSTR 2|DEX 2|STA 2|CON 2|WIS 4|CHA 3"Only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of total, constant amazement."

Lydieboo's Do or Die Winter Challenge

Thanks for the advice about the soda - it should not be too tough, I have weaned myself down to 1 12oz can a day. So far today, I am at 99oz of water.  When I left the service 12 years ago I was doing 2 gallons a day. 

I need to track my water intake at home, I just drink and don't log it.

I did sign up on the challenge forum, have not joined a support team yet.