Hey all,

To keep my butt on top of things I am going to start posting my workout and schedule along with any dietary things of note; here are the basics

Diet: I have been doing Paleo more or less (still consuming cheese) since the new year (no not a resolution, timing just happened to work that way). Plan to keep it up this way but looking to add more veggies, been sort of meat loading too much I think.

Work out routine: I have taken up Steve's beginner body weight routine. I am not doing 3 sets yet, just doing two and that is enough still to wear me out. I eventually would like to replace the barbell rows with inverted rows under my dining room table. Pull ups are a big goal of mine so I want to get working towards those as soon as I can. My biggest problem so far has been consistency. I do my workouts at or before 6am to fit into my schedule. Everyone in the family has been in varying states of sickness for a few weeks and that is throwing off my sleep schedule and there fore exercise. Plans are to do the circuits every other day until they become super easy to bang out 3 and then I will move on to more advanced stuff; possibly eventually into a gym to do free weights.

Today I did two sets in about 20 minutes with a stretch in between. I haven't worked out in about 4 days.

Progress I have seen so far: my muscles are far more used to the stress in these two weeks. I can do all the pushups without stopping for a second and the squats and lunges are not disabling my stair climing ability for 2 days like they did the first few days after I started...Progress!!!

Today I did one set mid-day, couldnt get two done because I was experiencing some excess muscle pain in my chest, didn't realize I worked out yesterday the same muscle groups (thought yesterday was my day off). Will take tomorrow off, will be going in to church early and will resume workout on Monday.

Food I have eaten today:

I ate half a baked sweet potato with bacon and cheese at lunch, one cup off coffee, half a banana, an orange and a about 2-3 glasses of water. Dinner tonight will be steak stir-fried with broccolli and cauliflower and probably a green salad.

I literally had my first cake bite in like 3 weeks. Mother in law brought over these rediculous tiny cupcakes about the size of a thimble. So far today has been too carb heavy and I ate a thimble of wheat gluten! Gasp! enough of that crap.

Yesterday for lunch I had salad with some speedie chicken and fresh summer salsa with some shredded cheddar. It's their rice bowl sans rice and beans and add the salad (helps to know the owner) ;)

Love the fact that animal fat keeps me from being hungry without upsetting my stomach.

Signing out, kids are watching tangled and I dont want to miss it!

This morning was back at the body weight circuit with renewed energy and focus. It went great today. I can totally see my progress in the amount of stamina I have while doing the workout. I didn't really start sweating much until my second circuit this morning. Mini-goal is to be up the 3 circuits by next week! I need to find a heavier weight for my dumbell though, this 10lb weight is not giving me enough work at 10 reps so Im packing 20 each side for the time being. That is just barely starting to burn though and I want to do more weight in stead of more reps. My legs are getting a lot stronger, the squats and lunges feel Richard Simmons silly at first but man, they sure do point out how much work those muscles needed! Pushups are getting easier but only slightly, looking for a big improvement here, I want to be able to throw out the 10 in the blink of an eye. I am aiming to do the cicuits in less time as I go on too. Planks are getting much easier...which is funny because I still have a bowl full o jelly in front but oh well.

Food wise still going paleo. yesterday was eggs with sausage, peppers and onions for lunch with a coffee at church (playing guitar, gotta refuel before the second half of the set!) and last night was a quick stop at BK, special order, 3 value bacon burgers with no bun, no ketchup, no onion (just cause I hate those kind!) and some lettuce! There was an orange or two in there consumed throughout the day and of course plenty of water to drink (probably needed more)

This morning so far was coffee before workout, then shower, then two fried eggs with salsa and 3 small sausage patties, probably going to devour another orange too (wife bought a whole box of those suckers!) and some more water.

Hey all,

Update:

Paleo is still going strong. I have now completely eliminated fruit juice from my diet. It had hung in there the first few weeks but now its water, black coffee, and black or green tea (prefer green but not always available at work). I have been eating a lot of meat and still not getting enough veggies so this weeks shopping trip I am packing that freezer full of frozen veggies. It is insane how fast you go through them! On a positive note, I think my teeth are starting to heal a bit from the years of sugar assault. IT is sort of an added bonus. I have had a large buid up of deposit on some of my teeth that started coming off last night and my gums are looking healthier.

Ran two circuits in roughly 20 min this morning. Challenge is still there, not ready for 3 yet but 2 is getting a touch easier every day.

Signing off,