My Name is Colin

I like the forum rule on Mark's Daily Apple that says "be yourself, use your own name", so I am Colin (which is derived from Nicholas, which means "THE PEOPLE'S CHAMPION" so there us a whole sort of role playing element to my real name - you can call me TPC for short)

Anyway, on April 10, 2010 I hit 40 and on Boxing Day 2010, I hit 241lbs, just three pounds shy of my personal best 244. I hit that in early 2005 before deciding to join some co-workers in training for a series of short triathlons. Six months of training and I did three races and got down to 225. I had left out the 80% part. So ... After my Boxing day weigh in I decided things had to change. A little further reading here and a metabolism workshop at my office, accompanied by, first, Steve's Easy Home workout video, second, the Rebel Fitness Guide. and I am currently below 220lbs in two months. Goal is to get to 190 and then build back up to about 205.

My long Term goal is to live to at least 80 so that I be around to see my new son have his 40th birthday. I wasn't going to do it the way I was going.

Words to Live By

"No one believes your excuses except for you" (great quote, great post)

Current Challenge: Colin-s-5-Step-Anti-Aging-First-Challenge

Welcome! Have fun as part of your newfound desire to train (or scream about everything that pisses you off- you gotta get it out!). It's the stress from worrying that will kill you. And keep us posted on your progress.

I read a study once that said doing ANYTHING in the gym is more anabolic than doing NOTHING sitting in front of the computer.

~Chris Shugart @ T-nation

Iron is full of impurities that weaken it: through forging, it becomes steel and is

transformed into a razor-sharp sword. Human beings develop in the same fashion.

~Morihei Ueshiba

Favorites:

* Robb Wolf Podcast #68- Matt Lalonde vs gluten (<-transcript)

*Documentary: Fat Head

*NF blog:Most Inspirational 20 Minutes

*Starting Strength Wiki

Howdy and welcome! Congradulations on your success thusfar, that's great! Did your triathelons give you the running bug, or are you wanting to do something different nowadays?

"Let another say. 'Perhaps the worst will not happen.' You yourself must say. 'Well, what if it does happen? Let us see who wins!' ".

- Seneca, 63 AD

"There is no better way to fight weakness than with strength." - Henry Rollins

I really enjoy running, but the biking is what I really love about the TRIs. But is currently about -20C and blizzarding so no running or biking for a couple of months. (there are hearty souls here who are year round cyclists and runners ... I am not one of them). Anyway, success continues and Rebel Fitness Level one is two workouts from completion. Looking forward to 'leveling up' the workout.

Words to Live By

"No one believes your excuses except for you" (great quote, great post)

Current Challenge: Colin-s-5-Step-Anti-Aging-First-Challenge