Kitchen dancing isn't cutting it...

So, I've been squatting on doing this introduction for a week. I'm launching myself out there now.(this may or may not be long...who knows.Apologies in advance if it is).This gets quite personal...just saying

Heyo, I'm Xavier, 25 and from upstate New York. I've been struggling with weight since a kid, but not in the same sense. My arms and legs have been on the smaller side, but not stickly. I have horrible asthma and I was put on steriods to help with it. I blew up quickly in my torso area and can't seem to get rid of it. In about 10th grade in high school I was sic of it and stopped sodas, sugary sweets, etc for about a year or so. I was in the right direction of eating healthy and lost a great deal of weight. I went from a womans' size 18 to a 10-my smallest.

That brings me to my next bit of information. I'm a transman/FTM(femal to male). Weight now has a significant about of importance..more so than before. The more fat I have=the more estrogen still lingers in my system despite being on testosterone.Also, the more fat I have the more feminine my features appear/can appear. My gut still exists even though my legs and arms are pretty muscular. I've been going to the gym  for about 3 years nowand truly love it, but still don't really know what to do/where to start. I lose some weight, but obviously not to my full potential. I'm eager to live healthier, lose my gut, get some guidance to proper workout and real information on what I'm doing. At least that's what I hope to gain from here.

I'm sick of being unhappy with how I look and comparing myself to others. I used to wonder why some people got "lucky" with great bodies. Now my mindset is, I can BE one of those lucky people. I started a new leaf in my life by living as the me I always felt. Now I think it's time I can start looking like the person I've always thought myself to be. Thanks for reading guys. Any advice on where to go from here?

-Xavier

P.S.-Ever since stumbling onto this site and seeing something about Paleo, I've been trying to gather as much information on it as possible. I aim to begin my 30 days starting on February 1st. Any info that's explained in a simple to understand way/recipes would be greatly greatly appreciated!

Welcome! There are TONS of paleo recipes floating around. Check out nomnompaleo.com and paleomg.com...they are two sites I frequently visit. An awesome book for paleo recipes is Well Fed.

What kind of exercise are you thinking about? Are you into strength training (weights or bodyweight), endurance training, or anything else?

PS...love the thread title!

Welcome! There are TONS of paleo recipes floating around. Check out nomnompaleo.com and paleomg.com...they are two sites I frequently visit. An awesome book for paleo recipes is Well Fed.

What kind of exercise are you thinking about? Are you into strength training (weights or bodyweight), endurance training, or anything else?

PS...love the thread title!

Ha, thank you! Currently, I'll try any medium level workouts that are great for cutting fat and building muscle.Strength would be a fantastic thing for me to work on right now. Oh and thanks for those sites, I've already got them bookmarked

A good paleo resource: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/ (author of the Primal blueprint).

This dude goes to extremes though as well, so it may not all be for you: (TMI warning): I don't squat when I "go" though I believe this dude is a big supporter of that.  So its not just the food he refers to, but the lifestyle as well.

Anyway, welcome aboard!

Meet Me

Elf Adventurer -- (STR: 2, DEX: 3, STA: 2, CON: 2, WIS: 3,CHA: 3)

"You're not **UNATTRACTIVE**"  -- (This will forever haunt me, but ultimately how I ended up here.)