Hello all! New member to the website, nice to meet ya!

I suppose introductions are in order, my name's Michael. I'm 20 years old and have been "working out" for a good portion of my life. Playing sports, occasionally going to the gym or on a run. My diet never was never really...that healthy. I tried to eat healthier but it never really stuck with me, something that I'm hoping to change through being a part of a community like the Nerd Fitness Rebellion. :)

I work (in a bowling alley), so I'm surrounded by junk food/sodas all the time, and it makes it hard to resist the sugary/fatty temptations. (especially because sodas are free..) I weigh around 200 pounds, and I wouldn't really have a problem with that due to my height (6'2''), but a good majority of my weight is fat. Last time I measured in at about 18% body fat, a shocking revelation when the last time I checked I was closer to 10%.

My goals: I'm looking to go further and beyond, and get down to ~7% body fat. I want to feel and look good at the same time, as well as be as strong as can be. I want to begin hardcore strength training, as well as try and go full paleo throughout the course of the year.(The latter will be difficult, I'm unfortunately a pretty picky eater :/) I also want to add parkour training to my workouts, added with strength training. 

I just read an article on the main page about transitioning from machines to free weights, and it mentioned starting off with Bodyweight exercises BEFORE moving on to  the free weights, and then finally mixing the two together. It seems like a great idea, and I would love to put the body weigh exercises into my routine(they almost mirror the parkour training that is also found on the website)

So all in all my goals for this are:

• Get to 7% body fat
  • Go paleo!
  • Like what I see in the mirror
  • BE STRONG
  • And to get started with parkour

Thanks a lot for the read and I'm glad to be here. :)

Hi Michael :)

Welcome to the Rebellion! You seem to be having good goals. Do you also have plan how to get there already? 

Be careful when you make the switch from machines to free weigths, just start off with low weigths and get used to controlling the whole weigth on you own. I wish you the best of luck with you fitness endeavours!

Level 4 Human Ranger

The only Way to accomplish greatness is to set your goals even higher.

STR: 15 || DEX: 9 || STA: 10

CON: 12 || WIS: 9 || CHA: 6

Check out my challange Thread (4)

Hi there! And thanks for the welcome. :)

I've used free weights before, it's just been awhile since I've seriously lifted. I saw on NF an article showing a body weight routine and I thought I might start with that just to get into the motions of it, and to get my strength up a little bit before making the transition to the free weights section. ^_^