Need someone to give me a push when I need it

Hi I just started NerdFItness 5 days ago. Am looking for a virtual friend to help keep me focused on working out, eating right.....and eventually...when I am ready..quitting smoking.

Can use the forums, text,fb, email, whatever. I tend to get overwhelmed with work and blow off my exercise habites and eating right in the past. I work 2 jobs in the healthcare field....(I get paid to tell people how to be healthy and do not always follow my own adivce.) Am hoping some motivation can help keep me focused when the going gets rough and that I can do the same for someone else.

My goals for now are simple:

1.Eat breakfast

2.Stop drinking diet soda

3. Do beginner bodyworkout 3x a week

Eventually, I want to get back into running (ran cross-country in high school) and go paleo.

When the second challenge starts I will be joining and changing my goals.

I also like scifi, fantasy, anime, computer RPGS, and also console gaming.

Thanks for reading.

Level 1 Adventurer Hobbit

Hi!

Welcome to the rebellion!

There is nothing wrong about picking a guild and starting this challenge late. Still 50% to go.

You wont get the level up afaik, but it will be easier for you to find someone with similar goals!

Your 3 goals are quite common here!

Look for an accountability group, too.

Just a pick a guild and get started!

Have fun here!

*kicks butt* Go get started NOW *smiles*

Fate whispers to the warrior: "You cannot withstand the storm."

The warrior whispers back:
 "
I am the storm."

Hi there! I just started about five days ago, too, and we seem to have similar goals and obstacles. I've been hoping to find a few people here to be my support group as well, since I don't have anyone IRL who wants/is qualified for the job. My first few goals are to eliminate grains from my diet, (I'm going Paleo, too) and start the angry birds workout. I have a few other things on the list, but those are the two that I'm focusing on right now. I also have to (eventually) quit smoking, but finding the right time is going to be the biggest obstacle. I'd also really like to start running again, but there are a few steps I'm going to have to take (pun!) before that. My big loves are; literature (though I don't read as much as I want to or used to. *goal*), tabletop RPG's (I'd play more video games but they all make me motion sick.), LARP (but not boffer), and I'm really getting into comics right now (making up for a "deprived childhood!"). Anyway, hello, and nice to meet you!

Dwarven Adventurer

Level 1

Str: 2  Dex: 3  Sta: 1

Con: 4  Wis: 4  Cha: 1

Hey s.h.e.amalgram-sounds good to me. Do you want to maybe start a thread where we can post our progress and encouragement? I am doing the beginner body workout, but next week since I will be on vacation I will probably do the angry birds workout for that week. Hopefully when we are both ready to quit smoking (gulp) we can help each other there too-I also don't have anyone  to really be supportive on that front.

Also, after a few weeks I get lazy...so I will need support to get a boost:)

Level 1 Adventurer Hobbit

@Sylvanas and @s.h.e.amalgram - I'm also a noob looking to do the beginner body weight workout a few days a week, alternating with Bikram yoga (intro post here http://nerdfitnessrebellion.com/index.php?/topic/23757-oooooh-a-noobshiny/). I'm in desperate need of some virtual support. I'm not a smoker, personally, but I can definitely dose out support in spades.

If you two want, can I crash your accountability party? Idk if you want to make a thread on here or just get something going through gmail for the day-to-day, I'm down either way!

Druid-ish Vengeance DemonCurrent Challenge

Sylvanas: Sorry it took me so long to get back here. I don't know if you saw, but things kind of took off over on kirbs' intro thread. I started a thread in Accountibilibuddies called "The Minute Militia" last night for us. It's kind of bare at the moment, I was tired and it was late, but it will get cooler. I'd love to exchange facebook, e-mail, twitter contacts, etc. as well, but I'm not sure the best way to do that. My FB is locked down so even if I shared me name you wouldn't be able to find me. We can talk about it over in the Minute Militia thread. Hope you're doing well. I can't wait to start talking to everyone. This is going to be fun!

NerdMal:

Hiya! I actually just finished reading your intro! I almost posted there, but I saw you'd posted her too. Hmm let's see...crafty, netflix marathons, International Affairs, knows who Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child are, and you're in the 5'something range...*squee .. cuddle* I don't know about anyone else, but I'm keeping you! :playful:  Also, see above about our thread, and based on your name and the use of the word "shiny" in your intro you should go check out the group "Browncoats" in Accountibilibuddies as well.

P.S. I promise I'm not usually this fangirlperky...really...   ...I'm still keeping you though...

Dwarven Adventurer

Level 1

Str: 2  Dex: 3  Sta: 1

Con: 4  Wis: 4  Cha: 1

I'm just starting my most recent fitness attempt, I try to make each one better than the last and stick with it for longer and eventually I'll manage to stick with it permanently.  I've been doing the basic training from the Rebel Strength Guide for a week now and thinking that this attempt would go much better with some accountability.  I've tried this with friends before but no one locally is interested and people on the internet have been flaky when I needed encouragement.  Mind if I join you guys for some motivation/accountability?

You guys still letting folks in?    I am soooo right there with DJnorris - done this before, need to make it stick stick stick! this time.   

Level 83 ~*~ Ranger

Deviant Art Gallery   ||  YouTube Channel

Current Challenge

"It is difficult.  All things worth keeping are."  Thane Krios - Mass Effect 2

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

"Staying within your limits is no fun, Ryder."  Vetra Nyx - ME: Andromeda

Spoiler

::PAST CHALLENGES::

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 77.5 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100