Let me guess... someone stole your sweet roll. (teabunneh's log)

A daily battle log.

General Goals (more specific goals as I continue on):

• Transition to 80-90% paleo in the coming weeks
  • Workout consistently 6 days a week (one of those days being a lighter 'recovery' day) 
  • Get to 130lbs (-50lbs, starting weight is 180lbs)

Edited 2/13/13

Now that I've gotten into this with a little more I understand what is meant by setting really specific non-weight goals (although I think a generalized ballpark weight goal is still a good thing to have) so as of today here are my revised goals:

• Strict Paleo diet but with the allowance of 1-2 non-paleo items each week (like  ex: sushi with rice vs. sashimi only, or a beer/glass of wine with friends - these would be sort of treat items and not something that has to happen every week either, only if I feel like it)
  • Follow Bodyweight Brigade workouts 3x week through all the ranks
  • Take brisk walks or runs on the days in between & 1 complete rest day
  • Finally clean out and unclutter my house... this is a huge project for me that might span many months...
    • Kitchen: throw out expired canned goods, remove anything in the kitchen that doesn't relate to food or the preparation there of
    • Kid's room: finish child proofing the room, finish putting things in storage, move his toys into his room, find a dresser for him, put all his clothes away
    • My room: Sort and donate all clothes that don't fit or I don't wear (same for husband) (refuse to buy any more of this size also), Fold and put away clothes (find another dresser if need be)
    • Bathrooms: Sort and dispose of old toiletries/makeup/etc
    • Living area: make sure office stuff is in the designated office "area", Sort and burn old documents that are sensitive but no longer necessary to keep
    • Re-paint each room after organizing is complete

Redcat, Hero of Rivertown (once known as Teabunneh)

Shapeshifter | Scout | Lvl 2 STR +4 | DEX +2 | STA +6 | CON +7 | WIS +7 | CHA +2Vanquished Challenges: 1 Current ChallengeA Tale of TeaRunning Paleo; Accountability group: Shiny New Scouts

"Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right." - Henry Ford

1/28/13 tried out the beginning bodyweight workout, completed but I think I need to do a lot more sets... didn't feel terribly challenging.

Shapeshifter | Scout | Lvl 2 STR +4 | DEX +2 | STA +6 | CON +7 | WIS +7 | CHA +2Vanquished Challenges: 1 Current ChallengeA Tale of TeaRunning Paleo; Accountability group: Shiny New Scouts

1/29/13 tried out the advanced bodyweight workout - phew THAT kicked my butt! 

*laughs* I haven't tried either of those yet, I am getting my habits back with swimming and walking, will venture into this at a later date I think! Good going pushing for the harder one!

Swimming is hard! You get lots of gold stars for doing that 3x a week! (or other shiny objects as it may be, I understand Khajiit like small shiny things) :D

I may start posting recounts of my adventures as well in the near future if I can get some extra time :eagerness:

Yesterday: did 45 minutes of "Insanity Pure Cardio" In addition to slinging 60 Kobolds on to the cart

Feb 1 -  :very_drunk: spent workout time drinking with my cousin... *sigh*

Feb 2 - went on a museum trip with my little one and ended up carrying him most of the time

Feb 3 -  :sleeping:

Feb 4 -  :sleeping: Apparently I just worked and hibernated these days 

Feb 5- Bodyweight Brigade Rank 1 Workout A (~45 mins) also went out after work and ate fried food and drank a beer... so good work is probably negated.

When I list it out... it's rather depressing, I don't think I'm going to earn all my points for the current challenge.

A few items I need to work on consciously: 

1. Either make better choices at restaurants or don't eat out
  2. Reduce drinking to one beer on Saturday and that's it
  3. Stop eating sugar... just because my friend bakes delicious smelling cookies all the time doesn't mean I need to eat them if they don't line up with my personal goals... (brain: did you hear that!?...take notes.)

(I finally have a few minutes to do a little RL-RPG-Character Storytelling, thus we begin the adventure...)

Tea lazed on a pile of cushions in the corner of the inn, bottle of ale in hand, she watched people trickling through the doors. A great onslaught of kobolds had attacked the town and these were the brave souls that had answered the call. A steady stream of adventurers great and small, some weary, some exhilarated, came seeking a hearty meal after their battle.

Tea took another pull of ale and munched mindlessly on a loaf of bread she pulled from the nearby table. She'd been too pre-occupied when the call for defense had gone out, and too tired to bother once the tale reached her ear. She envied the warriors though, especially those that came back with energy to spare... how did they do it? 

"You look like you have something on your mind," a tall nordic ranger said as he sank onto a cushion beside her with a jug of water and a plate of food. Smudges of dirt from his battle still adorned his face but he looked healthy and energized.

"How can you find the energy to slay so many kobolds and still come back looking like you want to do it all over again tomorrow?" Tea asked him incredulously. 

The ranger laughed good-naturedly, as he poured water from the jug into a goblet,

"Practice! The more energy you spend in your training the more you gain later," he took a long drink before continuing, "Is it something you want to learn?"

Tea wrinkled her brows,

"I'm not sure, I'm just so busy with my work all the time, and so tired afterward..." she trailed off, averting her gaze before raising the bottle to her lips; the ranger grasped the bottle before she could drink,

"Try making just a few changes to start with," he said gently as he pulled the bottle from her hand and replaced it with his goblet of water, "try water instead of ale, and some ripe vegetables instead of that loaf of bread," he wrapped a bit of chicken from his plate with green leaves and passed it to her, "things like that will give you more energy."

Tea accepted the food and drink tentatively, surely one could not argue with results.

"The mayor is asking for volunteers to help clean up the carnage," the innkeeper called out, "all those interested should gather in the square tomorrow morning for instructions."

The ranger nudged Tea's shoulder,

"There's a good learning opportunity for you!" he said with a grin, "I'll go too, we'll make a great clean-up team!"

"But... I don't have any armor, I can't do that!" Tea cried.

"Bah. You don't need armor for something like that, just a set of hands and a willing spirit," he replied jovially, "it'll be good for you."

Tea knew he was right, she would go. 

The next morning Tea found herself standing on her tip-toes to try and spot her tall ranger friend who'd declared his name was Haskill the evening before. She was feeling close to retreating back to her desk behind the safety of her paperwork before she felt a clap on her shoulder,

"Tea! Glad to see you made it out," Haskill boomed, further discussion was cut short however as the mayor began her speech,

"As you can see, and probably begin to smell... the kobold menace has not quite been dealt with in entirety. The bodies will need to be cleared before they pose a threat to public health and there are still a few stray aggressors that need to be routed as well. Those of you that are equipped with more than a dagger, I ask that you spend some time over the next day or so chasing down the kobolds that escaped. The rest of you: start slinging bodies onto carts for proper disposal."

Tea turned to Haskill who was inspecting the edge on his new steel sword, 

"Looks like we'll have to split up for a little bit," satisfied with his inspection he placed the sword back at his side, "I'll go chase down a few stragglers and then come back to help you with the clean up. Sound like a plan?"

"Sure... I suppose," Tea replied feeling a little downcast at being abandon suddenly by her new adventuring partner.

"Make sure you clean up a lot of them, I'm going to double the amount that you pick up!" Haskill called as he trotted off to join the hunting party. 

Tea raised her eyebrow; it was a challenge then... this would be interesting. 

The day faded into twilight as the clean-up crew made it's way back to the tavern. Tea felt tired  but like she'd accomplished a great deal that day. Haskill had come back late in the day and made a valant effort to double the amount of kobolds Tea had cleaned up: he almost did but not quite. They laughed about their little competition all the way back to town until they were brought to a halt by a large commotion in front of the inn.

"What's going on?" Tea asked a lithe, red-headed druid.

"It would seem that there's very little food left in the stores," the druid replied,"only a bit of vegetable stew is left and that won't feed us all."

The town bell rang out indicating a message of importance, the mayor took her place in the square,

"Friends, we thank you for all your effort! Unfortunately, there's very few supplies left due to the wonderfully overwhelming response to our call for help. I must ask that those of you that are capable to strike out and hunt for yourselves, those that are ok with eating only vegetable stew are welcome to stay of course,"

A large jug of water was thrust into Tea's hands, she looked up and found Haskill smiling broadly,

"Are you ready to head out? We'll find food along the way, I hear the druids in the next town over might need some help."

Tea took a long drink of water before slinging it over her shoulder and nodding her head,

"Let's go."

(A mini installment of the Tale of Tea)

"What is this!? UGH!" Tea groaned as she scraped some more of the smelly residue off of her face. 

"It would seem it was fish... in some past life," Haskill responded, "you're getting a lot better at ducking it though, you only took five hits out of that last volley," he laughed.

"Shhhhh! Keep it down, you'll give away our position!" Tea hissed as she poked her head up from the brush to survey the area, "I thought you said the druids needed help, not competition..."

"Ah... I may have misunderstood. It seems we're now in the middle of a land war - ACK! get down!," Haskill shoved Tea to the ground as stinky fish rained into their hiding place.

"YUCK!" Tea exclaimed.

"Looks like we're going to have to play run-and-duck again: let's go," Haskill said grabbing Tea's arm and dragging her after him.

"When...do...we... eat?" Tea gasped out as she pushed hard to keep up with Haskill.

"How can you think... of food... covered in that muck!?" Haskill said, "We'll find some fruit and veg along the way, of course I heard some of the soldiers saying they eat this fish stuff so if you're desperate -"

"I'll pass," Tea cut him off before he could finish the vile suggestion.

Short little addtion to the story regarding the latest challenges - Sun Salutations require a lot more coordination than I initially noted. I'm not usually a yoga practicer but I will say those make for an excellent warmup exercise and I might add them into my routine on a regular basis now. On another note - it's a lot harder to be strict paleo than I thought it was but since I'm already doing it I may as well continue on: it's odd I think how processed everything is once you stop to think about it... and how much gluten, soy and dairy is in almost everything we eat... I wonder how mankind came to the idea that things out of a box are better than things in nature... food for thought I guess (no pun intended)  :confused:

hah! this is all great stuff! i've loved bodyweight work in the past and i'm loving the tale of tea. keep up the good work!

LVL 1  Human Ranger-- aspect of Wolf and Leopard

STR: 3       STA: 2       CON: 3       DEX: 2       WIS: 1       CHA: 4

“Therefore I will be unto them as a lion: as a leopard by the way will I observe them: / I will meet them as a bear that is bereaved of her whelps, and will rend the caul of their heart, and there will I devour them like a lion: the wild beast shall tear them.â€

fitocracy-- https://www.fitocracy.com/profile/TheBeliever

twitter-- @1Super_Human

hah! this is all great stuff! i've loved bodyweight work in the past and i'm loving the tale of tea. keep up the good work!

Thanks, I'm going to be working on the next installment later this week (possibly today if I catch some time on lunch).

Teabunneh's mini-in-between-challenge

I've decided that I'm going to create my own mini challenge for this week just to keep myself entertained motivated until the next challenge. I'll check in and update this post to mark things off as I've done them.

Legend: completed, intensive workout, lighter recovery workout, life goals for this week, reminders 

/begin challenge

M: Zumba class with friends  done

T: Bodyweight Brigade Workout A (sub finishing move from Workout B: squat thrusts), sort/discard/fold/hangup/put-away 1 basket of clothes from the "clothing carpet"

W: Yoga

R: Bodyweight Brigade Workout A (still subbing finishing move... not enough space for shuttle runs in my house), sort/discard/fold/hangup/put-away 1 basket of clothes from the "clothing carpet" [caveat: workout must be done early morning as I have a class to teach in the evening]

F: Rest (maybe go for a walk?), go out to a cafe and have a cup of tea with my husband

S: Bodyweight Brigade Workout A ("") [caveat: must be done early morning]

S: Yogasort/discard/fold/hangup/put-away 1 basket of clothes from the "clothing carpet"

/end challenge

Tuesday - Thursday so far have been a bust - I caught the flu!!!!