• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Sunmage

Getafix's Superpower recipes

Upload your amazing recipes here!

You agree that they wander to the Druid knowledge base afterwards and will be happy to answer all questions about it!

;)

Ok, this is a nice dish in all it's simplicity. Sooooo, even though being first makes me incredibly self-conscious, here I go.

Getafix needs his vitamins in order to regain his memory! I am making him a lakto-ovo vegetarian dish with a low glycemic index.

Greek salad

Lettuce

Feta cheese (200-400 gr)

Red onion (1-2)

Olives (I use black ones)

Cucumber

Tomatoes (4-6)

Slice/chop and mix.  I use an oil/vinegar salad dressing.

post-12536-0-83531100-1359578647_thumb.j

Edited to add that I seem to have been able to upload an image but I cannot view it myself...I don't know where my abilities regarding attaching files etc have disappeared but ...help?

Edited by Evenewbie

For my first recipe I thought I would begin with a calming, soothing hot drink, which I first discovered in Nepal and India, during my travels. 

After all Getafix won't remember anything if he is too stressed and anxious. (This tea is also a great natural remedy for cold and flu symptoms and nausea/indigestion.) 

Hot Ginger, Honey and Lemon Chai Tea

To make 1 mug of tea

Prep Time: 5 minutes

Cook Time: 5 minutes

Ingredients:

• 1 Tbsp. freshly chopped ginger (no need to peel it)
  • 1 Tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice or lime
  • 1 Tbsp. honey, plus more to taste
  • One teabag (I use Chai, but black tea can easily be substituted

Preparation:

1. Put the ginger in a tea pot or medium bowl. Pour 1 cup boiling water over it and let it steep for 3 minutes.
  2. Meanwhile, put the teabag, lemon juice and the honey in a large mug. Strain the ginger tea into the mug (I like to add some of the ginger pieces as well, for the rustic look, but make sure you remember they are there to avoid swallowing them!)
  3. Remove teabag after 1 minute, stir to dissolve the honey, taste, and add more honey or lemon juice if you like. 
  4. Now float away on a cloud of bliss...

* This tea can be served chilled, for a refreshing touch add ice blocks and a few fresh mint leaves.*

LemGinTea_4489.jpg

These are some of the aromatic spices found in Chai

4044707882_9e994d7a2b.jpg

(ginger, allspice, star anise, clove, black pepper, cardamom,  orange peel, cinnamon)

Recipe #2 Warm Hearty Veg and Lentil Salad (Vegetarian)

Inspiration taken from Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall's Roasted Parsnip, Puy lentil and Watercress salad-  http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2012/jan/22/roasted-parsnip-lentil-salad-hugh-fearnley-whittingstall

Serves 4

Preparation time- 15mins

Cooking time- 40mins

Ingredients-

4 medium parsnips

1/4 butternut pumpkin

150grams cherry tomatos
2 tbsp olive oil

2 tbsp honey

One vegetable stock cube

1 tbsp curry powder

125g green lentils

1 bay leaf
½ onion
A few parsley stalks

4 cups of baby spianch leaves
100 grams Danish fetta

216007_10200352752052283_1498999597_n.jp

For the dressing-
1 clove of garlic, crushed
1 tsp mustard
2 tsp honey
1 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp olive oil to serve
Salt and black pepper

Method-

1. Preheat the oven to 190C. Half the cherry tomatos and cut the pumpkin and parsnips into cubes roughly 3cm by 3cm. Put them into a roasting tin, season with salt and pepper, crumble the vegetable stock cube and curry powder over the top and toss with the oil and honey. Roast for 40 minutes, stirring halfway through, or until tender and starting to caramelise.
  2. Meanwhile, put the lentils in a pan, add plenty of water and bring to the boil. Simmer for 1 minute, then drain. Return the lentils to the pan and pour on just enough water to cover them. Add the bay leaf, onion and parsley stalks. Bring to a very low simmer and cook slowly for about 30 minutes, until tender but not mushy.

37103_10200352755772376_412061537_n.jpg

1. For the dressing, whisk all the ingredients together thoroughly.
  2. Drain the lentils and pick out the bay leaf and parsley stalks. While still hot, toss the lentils with the dressing. Scatter the warm lentils and roasted veggies on serving plates with the baby spinach and finish by sprinkling with Danish fetta. Serve warm.

529052_10200352753852328_476105307_n.jpg

Totally forgot to take a pic of dinner Tuesday night, but here's what I made last night!

http://everydaypaleo.com/giant-stuffed-mushrooms/

Giant Stuffed Mushrooms from everyday paleo

4-6 BIG Portobello Mushrooms

1.5 lbs grass fed ground beef

1 lb spicy Italian pork sausage – casing removed

3 celery stalks diced

Â½ green bell pepper diced

1 red onion diced

Diced mushroom stems

1 tsp paprika

a few shakes to 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper

2 tbsp dried basil

1 tbsp tarragon

6 crushed garlic cloves

Pinch of sea salt

Black pepper to taste

1 egg

1/4 cup olive oil

1/4 cup almond flour or coconut flour

Preheat oven to 400. Use a moist paper towel to gently clean the mushrooms, if you run mushrooms under the tap to clean them, they get a little soggy… Remove the stems and set them aside and carefully scoop out the feathery insides of the mushrooms with a spoon. Rub the outsides of the mushrooms with olive oil and place cap down in a large glass baking dish.  Dice the bell peppers, onions, celery stalks, and mushroom stems.   In a large soup pot brown the sausage and ground beef, add the bell peppers, onions, celery, and mushrooms and cook until the veggies are tender.  Move the meat/veggie  mixture to a food processor and add all the spices, the egg, olive oil and the almond/coconut flour.  Process until the mixture is finely chopped but NOT mushy, it should be chopped fine but still chunky.  Scoop mixture into the mushroom caps – make them really full.  Spoon any remaining mixture around the mushrooms and cook your stuffed mushrooms in the preheated oven for 20 minutes or until brown and bubbly.

I served these with sauteed zucchini, squash, and snap peas, and had a few strips of hot chicken that my roommates cooked. It was SO good!

A5zX0vnl.jpg

post-12536-0-04096700-1359663201_thumb.j

Someone please show mercy and teach me how to add pics....

I hope both Obelix and Getafix are feeling a lot better.

My next recipe is a pasta dish ergo a little bit more aimed at quieting Obelix' growling stomach.

Pasta with crayfish tails and saffron

4 servings

4 servings of Penne (wholegrain)

600 grams of crayfish tails in their "juice"

1 fennel 

4 scallions

1 tblspoon of olive oil

1 dl of white wine for cooking, or fish bouillon

2-4 dl of creme fraiche

Saffron

Chilipowder

Dice the fennel in small pieces

Chop the scallions in fine slices

Put them in the deep pan and heat them up

Add wine or bouillon and let simmer for a few minutes

Season the creme fraiche with chilipowder and saffron to your taste

and then add it to the pan

Lastly at the crayfish tails and let everything heat up.

Serve the pasta with the sauce

Chanda's Lettuce Delights (San Choy Bau)

Otherwise known as "how I got my daughter to start eating lettuce!". Normally in our house a meal is not complete unless it has pasta, rice, potatoes or bread... this is the one exception.

I had a couple more recipies I made in the last few days to share, but all I have time to post tonight is one, so I chose this one because it is quick both to write up the recipe and to cook. There are many different versions of San Choy Bau... this is my simplified version. When I have them I add water chestnuts, shiitaki mushrooms, bokchoi... but most of the time I stick with western veggies because they are readily available. You can play around with the vegetables you add to fit your taste.  :)

8442636748_8e3c361c6d.jpg
Ingredients:
1 tablespoon peanut oil (or any other oil you prefer)
1-2 teaspoon sesame oil
1-3 cloves of garlic
1 tablespoon of grated ginger
4 spring onions chopped
500g (1lb) lean pork mince (beef also works but this is the one recipe I do prefer with pork)
1 red capsicum (red bell pepper) finely diced
1 small tin of corn kernels
1 cup of sliced mushrooms
1-2 tablespoons of soy sauce
1 tablespoon oyster sauce
2 tablespoons dry sherry (I often forget to add this one)
1 iceberg or butter lettuce (as crispy and fresh as you can find)

Instructions:
1. In a hot non-stick frying pan heat the 2 oils together.
2. Add the garlic, ginger and spring onions. Stir fry for 2 minutes
3. Add the mince. Stir and break up lumps until cooked.
4. Add the remaining ingredients (except for the lettuce!). Simmer over medium heat until liquid reduces and thickens
5. Wash the lettuce and separate whole leaves. Shake off excess water and dry the leaves.

To eat you use the lettuce to wrap the meat in, making little tasty packages of crispy-cunchy-outside-with-yummy-rich-tasty-meaty-goodness-inside. Usually I simply place 2 big bowls on the table and let the family go wild... Its a favorite around here!

8441545909_2815814c3b.jpg

This was a great breakfast dish! I love all of the ingredients. 

Clean Eating Baked Eggs on Balsamic Portobello Mushrooms from The Gracious Pantry:

2 large Portobello mushrooms

Garlic

Balsamic vinegar

Fresh rosemary, chopped

2 large eggs, poached or fried

Cut the stems off the mushrooms so that you have a flat surface. Drizzle with the vinegar and sprinkle on the garlic and rosemary. Pop into the oven at 350 degree for 20-30 minutes. While the mushrooms cook, fix your eggs. Once the mushrooms are done top with the egg. 

This was great. Made it for a friend and she really enjoyed it. 

post-12452-0-14441400-1359928220_thumb.j

post-12452-0-13159400-1359928243_thumb.j

Looks delish!!

I really want to try this with a meatsubstitute

Thanks. I forgot to mention I think it would probably work with some of the harder crumbly tofu. Although I never tried it myself. :)

(i know i'm too late but sharing anyway in case of use)

http://summertomato.com/roasted-curried-cauliflower-to-die-for/

Not ever a fan of cauliflower... until today. It's a totally different experience, roasted.

Bonus:  you can use the roasting time to work in a few Salutations to the Sun.

From Darya Pino, creater of summertomato.com

It still freaks me out how good this recipe is.

Roasted Curried Cauliflower Recipe

Serves 2-4

Ingredients:

• 1 large cauliflower (or several small ones), ~2 lbs
  • Curry powder
  • Olive oil
  • Kosher or sea salt

Preheat oven to 500 degrees. Break cauliflower into medium-small florets and place into large bowl or baking pan. Be sure the pieces are as evenly sized as possible, or they will cook unevenly. The smaller you make the pieces, the quicker they will cook and the more caramelized they will become, which I consider a good thing.

Drizzle cauliflower pieces generously with olive oil and season well with salt and curry powder. Distribute evenly in a single layer at the bottom of a baking pan. If necessary, use a second baking pan to be sure the pieces aren’t too crowded.

Cover the pans with foil and place into the oven. Roast, covered for 10-15 minutes. The cauliflower should be slightly soft and start looking translucent. If not replace foil and cook another 5 minutes.

When the cauliflower has finished steaming, remove the foil and toss with tongs. Continue to roast, stirring every 8-10 minutes until the tips of the cauliflower begin to brown and become crisp as pictured. Approximately 30-35 minutes.

Adjust salt to taste

Roasted-Cauliflower.jpg

Awesome!

I got a note from getafix. He is really happy, but he still can't remember the potion recipe.

Since Obelix considered eating something else than wild boar you are free to send them more.

But now he has to run!

For my first recipe I thought I would begin with a calming, soothing hot drink, which I first discovered in Nepal and India, during my travels. 

After all Getafix won't remember anything if he is too stressed and anxious. (This tea is also a great natural remedy for cold and flu symptoms and nausea/indigestion.) 

Hot Ginger, Honey and Lemon Chai Tea

Thanks for sharing this recipe... I've made several teapots so far... using either black tea or rooibos. Yummy.... I found the honey too sweet for my taste... so I tend to skip the honey or put in a tiny amount. But I also like my coffee black without sugar. :)

Sign in to follow this