.intro

Salvete omnes! I've been lurking around here long enough and have decided I ought to take the next step forward and actually introduce my otherwise shady self.

I'm Beth, a 20-year-old female college student living in the good ol' southern US. I'm studying statistics and computer science (any other analytics nerds out there?) and work part-time for a large software development company. Fitness has always been a hobby of mine, but up until late I've always struggled with the diet and strength aspects.

Going to the gym has never been a problem for me; in fact, I rather enjoy it. But it wasn't until stumbling upon this fantastic site that I've learned about just how inefficiently I've been working out up to now. And so here I am! I've been psuedo-paleo (Beth-tailored) for about 3 weeks now and what a difference it has made already! With the help of a friend I'm also working on incorporating serious strength training into my basic workouts to make the most of my passion and goals. I look forward to sharing the journey with you all and hope to find my lil' niche within the Rebel community.

.stats
Height: 6'1" (1.85m)
Weight: 155lbs (70kg)
Bodyfat: Estimated 20-21%

.goals
Peak fitness
16% body fat
Whatever weight is necessary to support my weightlifting goals
What are those weightlifting goals? Yet to come! (aka I need to learn more about realistic weight goals before sharing...)

As for baby steps, I'm starting with a goal of 18% body fat by my birthday (April). I'm thinking this is do-able, but I'll make adjustments as I see how I progress.

.etc
Other than all this, I'm a complete adrenaline junky. I ride motorcycles, skydive, snowboard, and travel. But I'm also a complete computer geek with a love of assembler and statistical analyses. It's fair to say I'm likely to be keeping close tabs on my progress. Feel free to say hey anytime!

end

I used to be conceited, but now I'm absolutely perfect. 

Assembler and stats analyses huh? Sounds like a nerd to me. :) Welcome to Nerd Fitness.

Scout 30/Ranger 1 (3 skipped)

Spoiler

"I must not fear. / Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing......Only I will remain."
-Litany Against Fear

Facebook | Twitter | Runkeeper | Strava
Shukar Still Isn't Lion