Phoenix/Arizona Meetup

Well nerds it's been a long time since we Arizona nerds had a meet up and I feel that should be rectified. So, first question is who all is interested? Secondly, what days of the week work best for you? There will likely be more questions later, like what to do, where to do it, specific dates, etc. but this should do for now.

Quickly, before the sun finds us again!

Scout 30/Ranger 1 (3 skipped)

Spoiler

"I must not fear. / Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing......Only I will remain."
-Litany Against Fear

Facebook | Twitter | Runkeeper | Strava
Shukar Still Isn't Lion

I can't wait until the sun comes! I live here because of the heat, not this terrible COLD!

Loren told me about the meetups, and said I HAD to come - so I will try to get over the embarrassment of my weight and do it. I'm always available during the weekends, so that's typically good for me. 

Niwa no niwa ni wa, niwa no niwatori wa niwaka ni wani wo tabeta.

3 weeks late, but was this still a thing? I have only recently moved to Phoenix and know very few people at all, and none of them are into exercising. A meet up in Phoenix would be great, if anyone is still interested.

Name: Armored Gallant Race: HumanClass: Adventurer - Lv. 1 

Attributes: STR: 4 | DEX: 3 | CON: 3 | STA: 1 | WIS: 3 | CHA: 1 "All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost. The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frostFrom the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken,The crownless again shall be king." 

Hasn't happened yet so it is still officially a thing in the future tense. Welcome to Phoenix and the forums.

Spoiler

I will face my fear.
-Litany Against Fear

Shukar Still Isn't Lion

I think winter is still holding some of them ill, and work holds the others hostage (oft myself included). Don't give up hope, I'm sure we can make something happen, if not we can always get a handful of us together for a potluck or a hike or something. 

Spoiler

I will face my fear.
-Litany Against Fear

Shukar Still Isn't Lion

Thanks! :) I'd also love to join a hike, I've only hiked a few times but do enjoy them and have no idea where good places are here in Phoenix.

Attributes: STR: 4 | DEX: 3 | CON: 3 | STA: 1 | WIS: 3 | CHA: 1 "All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost. The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frostFrom the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken,The crownless again shall be king." 

I love the Thunderbird Conservation mountain, off of 56th Avenue and Pinnacle Peak, but that was when i lived off of 56th avenue and it was easy to get there. I've only been to the Phoenix Mountain Preserve off of 40th street and Shea once, and it was really nice.

My goal is to do Camelback mountain one day - but maybe once it warms up we could do a hike over at Lake Pleasant with a grill, or something? Just an idea (also I've never been to Lake Pleasant haha)

I'm actually meeting up with a Nerd this weekend (depending on if I am no longer sick though) to go hiking - we'll be doing a light trail off of Shea and 40th street, so if anyone is interested in coming and hanging out, let me know!

I can't say I know much about trails, but getting to know more people who are more health-minded here in Phoenix would be awesome. Especially after reading that new post on NF's page about being the average of the 5 people I know, especially since about 99% of the people I know do not exercise at all, haha.

When this weekend? If I can I might try and swing by, but this weekend is gonna be crazy just FYI.

Spoiler

I will face my fear.
-Litany Against Fear

Shukar Still Isn't Lion

As the Nerd Niwa was referring to, nice that it's not an insult here :), the time she and I were talking about was 8AM. 

This Saturday.

I don't know the area so well, but Niwa was saying something about it being off of 40th and Shea.

I actually just moved down from Prescott (Valley, that is), :)

I'm busy Saturday but you guys have fun and I'll try and be in on the next one. (I'm legit busy too I swear, there will be pics)

Spoiler

I will face my fear.
-Litany Against Fear

Shukar Still Isn't Lion

It's cool, maybe next time :) 

Sorry I didn't mention you by name, Armored. I was too embarrasseed!! (Hahaha, just kidding!)

I've only gone hiking/walking off of 40th and Shea ONCE - I am not familiar with the trails or roads available, but I know there is a parking area and easy access to trails. Last time I went, there were lot of people so I know it's not just some empty lot I was going on (haha). 

Also, as a side note, a coworker of mine found this restaurant called Nourish, that are Paleo friendly. I was looking at their menu, and a lot of things listed look really good! Maybe we could meet up one day, as they have other options available as well. http://nourish123.com