Yesterday was Bulgarian split squats (basically a 1-leg squat with the off-leg stabilised behind you) and speed sumo deadlifts for a change.  I don't sumo much past warmup so that was fun).  And physio mangles.

Today was 90kg, 8x4, which felt weirdly easy.  And some barbell hip thrusts, finding the weight - I can do 50kg, but at 40 there's a much more positive glute contraction so that's my starting weight for progression.  

Need to find a sissy pad.

Let there be Cube, round 2.  Seeding values of 180 squat, 105 bench and 210 deadlift.

Today we open with block pulls 170kg and snatch grip deadlifts 130kg, then interruption! and after work heavy db rows, shrugs, and glute bridges at 45kg.

It's nice to pick up some heavy things, but my hands are shredded...

Bodybuilding day, so bench, ohp, glute bridges, full-ROM pushdowns and that was me messed up.  85kg 6x6 for bench, reps PB, +100pts a set which gets the happy dance.  Elbows just about to tweak, triceps toast, so no curlz or planky nonsense.

Grabbed eight bits of chicken at the rotisserie on the way home.  Cave-tengu must feast!

Explosive squat day: 100kg 8x3, accelerating punchy so the bar (and sometimes me) jumped; shortish rest periods. Heaviest kb swings, and a bunch of other stuff. 

It's interesting how different the bell behaves between 40 and 50 kg; at 40 I control it; at 50 it's a two-partner dance.

Volume squat day consisted of grumpy reps and silly rivers of sweat, cursing, the sage observation that "one-legged squats are harrowing for a fat f**k" and lots of overheat rests.  Did about 2/3 of the planned work, laughed at the idea of a 50-rep death set of anything at this heat.

Stupid dead air-con.

Somehow*, I've been using the wrong tab on my Beautiful Spreadsheet.

I've spent the last month using last quarter's loads.  I was feeling kinda plateauey, that explains why!  

It's as if a thousand gainz suddenly cried out, and were silenced.  

...redo from start.

* User error.  Feh.

Me and the heat have been at a disagreement.  So despite the quiet, I'm switching back to mornings.  

It leaves the evenings free for the occasional scurry down to the beach :)

Vague plan: get swimming again and carry it on into winter.  That Guy in the speedo in the snow?  That's the goal.

That's better. Explosive squat morning. Infinite legpress and some very heavy db/kb swings.  I do like that 50kg bell.  :)

Ego moment! Had the gym to myself and it was STILL SO HOT HEATMAGGEDDON OMG so I pulled my shirt off and mid-swing I look just like an internet Crossfitter in the mirrors.  Then I stop moving and revert to type.  :)

Heavy bench.  Lily prescribes floor press for that top lockout, but since my sticking point is the chest, I was all about the strict dead-stop full-ROM press.  Was cooking with gas, too, ended up with an easy-100 which matches my PR with way less drama.  

Add a bunch of wavey army stuff and gone.