Oh dear, you'll have to decode my gibberish as well.

Bench volume today: I've overcooked the seed value and I was all scatty from a HORNET IN MY CAR (take that, fake scares) so it was pretty poor: bench, close-grip bench and pause presses, with salad.  

Highlight was a couple of the Heavy Mob doing what they call "Crossfit for strong people" ... 1.5xbw deadlift 15, 12, 9, with matched sets of clapping press-ups in between.  One attacked it in a furious three minutes; the other got all phlegmatic and took his time.  Puke bucket nearly deployed!

Oh dear, you'll have to decode my gibberish as well.

Bench volume today: I've overcooked the seed value and I was all scatty from a HORNET IN MY CAR (take that, fake scares) so it was pretty poor: bench, close-grip bench and pause presses, with salad.

Highlight was a couple of the Heavy Mob doing what they call "Crossfit for strong people" ... 1.5xbw deadlift 15, 12, 9, with matched sets of clapping press-ups in between. One attacked it in a furious three minutes; the other got all phlegmatic and took his time. Puke bucket nearly deployed!

My last job was with an Australian company and my direct supervisor was from London. So I have a little head start on the decoder ring.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker

You know those decoder rings are a very American thing? Never saw one as a kid. 

Anyhoo, explosive squats, featuring short rests (90-120s) and after the main event, front squats and pause squats.

Last cycle I was intimidated by and eventually mastered snatch-grip deadlift; this time it's going to be heavy front squats.  Got 'em up to a PB 110kg x3, but the rx was 122.5 x 5, so a way to go yet.  This is good, it's a gap in my awesomeness, but it's tough going.

Finished with a 150kg yoke walk for lulz.  There was a scattering underfoot and much "sorry!".

Holy frijoles.  The DOMS, the terribly DOMS. I am wearing shorts made of soreness.  Someone turn off the gravity so I can float in a foetal position.

Should have rested today, instead did Bro Day (bench, shoulders, gunz, calves) and half-assed it due to weariness.  Ah well.  Can't poop glitter and rainbows every day.

Okay, the weariness was actually con crud* taking its time to incubate.  Me and a friend who went to the same con have spent the last week suffering in sync - bleakly hilarious when the thing is a cold+horror guts.  Now that's out of the way, I'll start week two tomorrow.

* Con crud: any minor infections, commonly spread around at conventions because nobody is local so nobody has resistance.  

** BristolCon, which won my heart with a Concorde retrofitted with Liberator pods and an Alcubierre warp drive ring as its logo.

Ugh, managed to scratch my cornea. Dashing eyepatch for a few days. Should still be able to lift...

Should go well with the beard. Let's not work on the peg leg...ok?

Sent from my SCH-I925 using Tapatalk 4

Tally Sheet for 2019

That was a winter wind-down - I've found myself discovering the joys of mental staleness, no progress, no gumption, can't be bothered.

So, a bit of a change: over to a more bodybuilderish plan to get some upper-body meat; and cleaning up my diet from "see-food" to better.  I think my crappy diet has limited my gainz (as well as getting teh fatz), and that's limited my enjoyment, and that's limited my training in a vicious cycle.

The actual plan is one of the Layne Norton PHAT flavours: two power days, break, three hypertrophy days.  It's different, that's for sure.  Three month experiment.  Template here: http://muscle-insider.com/features/powerlifting-bodybuilding ; discussion on the plan here: http://www.simplyshredded.com/mega-feature-layne-norton-training-series-full-powerhypertrophy-routine-updated-2011.html

Food's roughly a training day 3100 / 2100 rest day cal split, with the difference being carbs on training days, via http://www.primalsixpack.com/intermittent-fasting-and-calorie-calculator/ ; this is a best-efforts thing, basically ++veggies, "pizza is a sometimes food", common sense really.

...on which note, BB legs day: light squats, front squats, leg press, Romanian DLs, various leg machines. The machines are on a different floor so there was wobbly hilarity.

...okay, a whole day for chest-and-arms feels indulgent.  Like picking out a fancy suit indulgent.

Compound to isolation, 8-12 through 15-20 rep ranges, a kind of massive drop set that ended with some -ahem- very light weight being moved.  I no longer look funny at the bodybuilders pulling faces while repping little weights on the cable machines.

Heavy squat day involved ditching a bar into my kitbag, flattening the spiral on my notebook! Wah! The ditch was a focus thing: not enough channelled savagery, lost tension and whoops on the third 150kg triple.  Rest of the week has had work stress and TODAY godsdammit I was called out just after warming up. 

...at least the sit-up / pushup challenge is intact, 11.

Heavy squat day involved ditching a bar into my kitbag, flattening the spiral on my notebook! Wah! The ditch was a focus thing: not enough channelled savagery, lost tension and whoops on the third 150kg triple. Rest of the week has had work stress and TODAY godsdammit I was called out just after warming up.

...at least the sit-up / pushup challenge is intact, 11.

At least it wasn't your phone

Sent from my SCH-I925 using Tapatalk

Tally Sheet for 2019