fighting demons in my mind...

2e7y6ybe.jpg

this is tired me :) who won the best mom of the year award with the valentines day presents :) (got the whovian girl a bow tie... and the inventor boy a perry the platypus mask... :) LOL) ...

three things I like about me today...

I listen to people... so I know how to make them happy.,.. I know what things will be good presents and I know what little things to do/say when people are sad... I am a better friend/mom/sister/daughter because of my ability to effectivly listen...

ummm...

this is very hard for me...

I have no idea... ummm

I am flexible... I transfered to our sister unit tonight because they were WAY short (patients were tripled over here they are so short)... I have been able to let go of my ocd enough to be able to be flexible when it matters :) it makes relations between our units better... and since we are merging in a couple weeks... it makes things look better for me :)

wow...

ummm

I like my.... colorful outlook... I like to look bright and cheerful because I think it makes my patients happier... 

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

ok... so long weekend... sat I didn't update because I intended to from work... but then work was long... and stressful... we are a 5 bed icu... and we were short a nurse... and we had 3 admissions and 2 deaths (and one of them was a 3 hr long affair... sigh...) so I didn't get any chance to update...

sunday... woke up and went straight on a date with my boy ;) 

560427_4680394362735_1539758551_n.jpg

we went to applebees.... then a couple movies... and I didn't get home til after midnight :) so... I am considering todays update sundays update (even though it is late) so that way I only missed one day... 

I am TRYING to be good about updating without making it a stressful thing... :) 

149995_4680423603466_520740794_n.jpg

so... I kinda suck at that whole.... taking pictures of yourself on a phone thing... sigh... 

but... this is my boy :) he goes by zombie :) 

today... I love my skin :) it's clear... and generally consistent in color (I think the redness is from the flash) I like my freckles :) I always used to hate them... but I see them on my kids... and realize that they have my freckles... and I love them... because it is something we share :)

I love my eyes... they are easily one of my favorite things about myself... and one of the few things that I ALWAYS love :D... they are a bright sparkley reflective blue... electric if you will (not sure how well it comes across in the photo... it was in a dim theater while waiting for our movie to start).. I love it even more that my kids all have the same electric blue eyes (there really is no doubt about their parentage ;) LOL) 

I like my dimples :) I really wasn't smiling big enough here to see them :) but... I have some cute dimples!

and now :) 

536967_4680805053002_154167019_n.jpg

184224_4680802812946_600061716_n.jpg

they had one of those *things* at the movie theater ;) 

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

Sigh... Consistency is hard for me... Like really really....

I'm very good at starting things!

Ok... Today's entry... It's four so I'm calling it today and not yesterday. :pIt's my battle I'll cry if I want to :)

dy2ysuda.jpg

I'm on my phone... I don't know how well you can see this (my screen is cracked :blink:

I love my calves... Another of the few (three ) body parts I ALWAYS love... They are well defined and chiseled and beautiful...

I love my ankles... Well... Ok I like my ankles... I'm learning how to move in my body so that I stop killing my ankles... Plus I've never had cankles... No matter how big I've been... I do love that...,

I love that I can pick things up with my toes... My son calls me quadbedexterous... Because I can manipulate things with my toes... (if the arthritis is acting up it's easier to not bend over :) )

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Spoiler

tonights picture is a compilation :) I am very proud of this picture :)

I ACTUALLY SEE THE DIFFERENCE...

I see the definition in my forearm...

I see that the top is cinched tighter and my boobs are smaller

I see that my belly doesn't stick out (from 2nd to 3rd pic) and not NEARLY as far as from 1st to 3rd.....

I am going to have to get rid of these pants soon... because they are cinched as tight as they can be and they almost fell off today... thank God for safety pins!!

my face... even though it is an odd angle on my neck... I can see definition in my face... I look smaller and I can see it :)

I usually can't see it... I look in the mirror and I still see the pic on the left... :(...

but in pictures... I am starting to see it!!!!

me%25202013%2520Janurary.jpg

Spoiler

thanks guys :)

the interesting thing... summer 2012 until today... was really only like 10# (maybe 20) difference...

I know I have lost a lot of fat and gained muscle :)

Spoiler

Out of all the amazing things I have read on NF thus far, this thread by far is the most amazing. You inspire me so much. Not to get down by all the people who say mean things, and to love yourself. It can be such a hard and painful thing, and yet you made it into something so beautiful and inspiring. I'm glad you're in the world. 

Also - the pictures you just posted are amazing! That is so much progress! I know its hard to see it day to day, but, wow!

Lvl 1 Khajit Ranger

Str - 4.5 Dex - 3 Con - 1 Sta - 3  Wis - 4 Cha - 5

It's okay to be happy to see me. Just because you're English doesn't mean you need to hide your emotions.

I'm Irish. We let people know how we feel. Now f*** off.

Out of all the amazing things I have read on NF thus far, this thread by far is the most amazing. You inspire me so much. Not to get down by all the people who say mean things, and to love yourself. It can be such a hard and painful thing, and yet you made it into something so beautiful and inspiring. I'm glad you're in the world. 

Also - the pictures you just posted are amazing! That is so much progress! I know its hard to see it day to day, but, wow!

I am glad you are inspired... it is so weird... I just wanted to make myself feel better about myself... and I am inspiring people!!!

thank you so much!!

Spoiler

I am at work and it's been a long night and I didn't get a chance to take a photo... so I found an old one...

this picture was taken on the marhar/three ridges hike... last summer... we will be doing this hike again this summer... it is on the apalacian trail...

I like that I take my children to interesting places.. I give my children experiences that many children/people don't get to experience... and we have fun together....

I like that I do things even when they are hard... this was one of the hardest trails I have ever been on... and I was ready to give up... but I didn't ... and I didn't need *much* encouragement...

I like that I am more capable and able to do things... I couldn't use to do as much as I do now :) I am in the best shape of my life :):onthego:  :nevreness:

578322_3447796548560_2119979911_n.jpg

Spoiler

another old picture... but... I am having an ok day :) I am at work...

I am kinda sucking on this whole updating every 24 hr thing... I am going to call this thursdays update... even though it is fri...

I tried for about an hour to get a photo on my phone... I am really bored tonight...

none of them turned out :(

so... we settle for an old one... this is from last week... when I went on a date with my youngest :)

I love it because he said "mom I know you love me because you have love sparkles"

2013-02-17_18-43-58_776.jpg

I am surrounded by giggling inappropriate people... it's difficult for me to think...

Spoiler

got too busy chatting on the irc... have you tried it?? peeps are AWESOME

anyways... just realized its 0151... and I totally missed missed friday's post.... so here goes... a post for friday... 

I brought the kids some breakfast from chickfila on my way home from work 

2013-02-22_09-18-40_442.jpg

three things about that I like today...

I am loved... by a lot of people... but especially by that kid there... and that means I am a good person.... because he has very discriminating tastes and only likes good people  :)

I am caring... I think of others... and even though I am EXHAUSTED from working I take time to bring home hot cocoa and breakfast :)

I am hard working :) at home and at work...

and now...

I am tired and off to bed :)

Spoiler

picture015.jpg

This is my body.

This is my body which has been through many battles.

This is my body which has many scars.

This is my body that for so long has betrayed me.

No longer.

This is my body that used to nearly die walking one quarter
mile.

This is my body that can now walk many miles and climb and
run.

This is my body that has been plagued for many many years
with lung problems.

This is my body that is learning to effectively and proactively
avert those lung problems.

This is my body that for many years has used food for
comfort, like a drug.

This is my body that is learning that food isn’t the answer.

This is *MY* body.

This is my body which has been through many battles.

This is my body which has many scars.

This is my body that for so long has betrayed me.

No longer.

This is my body and I am learning to love the battles.

This is my body and I am learning to love the scars.

This is my body and I am learning how to treat it so it doesn’t
betray me.

This is *MY* body.

And in it I am more than a conqueror.

Spoiler

You go girl!

thanks!

I am sick... no pictures today.... been throwing up all day :(

Spoiler

picture016.jpg

got ready to go to work today... and I was put on call... and will probably be canceled thanks to a zero census... so at least I didn't call in sick two days in a row... and... I am feeling *much* better... no throwing up... since yesterday evening... even ate some small food [pearsauce earlier.... baked apple pie-ish now] and I am doing... eh ok... hoping things stay down!

(and yes... the bandanna is bright pink with monkeys and bananas and bright green eyeballs :panda: thank you for asking  :onthego:  )

I like... my sense of style... it's kooky... and off the wall... but it's me... and I look good (well as good as possible in the pajamas that we have to work in)... everything I own is very unique and means something to me... I love dressing differently (no one else at work dresses like I do.... they mostly wear the solid colors... but I like to make a statement) 

I like my skin... it's very low maintenance... I wash it when I remember to... I don't have to use a complex ritual like some women my age... I love that I very few wrinkles (I have dimple wrinkles... and one in my forehead that shows up when I am smiling/laughing) even though I am <gasp> almost 40... 

I like... ummm.... goodness... I am having a hard time tonight... I still feel oogey... 

I like that today my youngest son just told me that he thinks I'm stronger than sulfuric acid :) ... and then we  spent like 30 mins talking about electron shells and balancing molecules and talking about rust... he found a periodic table in his planner and I had to explain the whole thing... it was so neat to have him ask questions and understand... I love that he is getting old enough to talk about interesting stuff 

Spoiler

ok ok ... I know... what is this... two pictures in one day?? this is MADNESS!!

but... I was sitting here... and I had an itch on my arm... 

so... I did what any red blooded american would do and I scratched it... 

so then I spent the next five minutes trying to figure out why my arm felt weird... 

let me post a pic and you can see if you can see why... 

picture020.jpg

can you see it?? can you tell what that is?? 

I will tell you!!! 

those arrows there... the black ones... that point at the line in my arm.... that's definition... that's a ROCK HARD muscle baby... not flabby... not fleshy... but definitely muscle... and I got them in my upper arms too... (can't figure out how to photograph the muscle... you can feel it... but not quite see it yet... unless I am flexing just after working out... then you can see the biceps... but.... alas I digress) 

this girl has muscle :) it's amazing... first time in my life I have had visible muscle :)

Spoiler

ok... so I know I know... 

three updates in 24 hours.... I must be cray-cray...

maybe that stomach virus somehow mutated and infested my brain... 

but I was digging through some old fb photos... and I found a side profile one (close up on the face)... and then I was certain that I had another one from when I got glasses this time... but alas I didn't.... so that lead to an hour of monkeying around and adhd kicking in... doing dishes and cooking and SMOOTHIE!!! 

but then when I sat back down and realized that I hadn't taken the picture... I got up and took it ... and I made a comparison pic... 

black shirt was 2011 Feb... and pink bandana was this morning... 

2012%2Bfeb%2B2011%2Bfeb%2Bside%2Bprofile

so todays "three things I like" is going to be like one of those stupid "activity book" things that I always hated... those things that when we got them in school I always just tore them up and trashed them and took the f... because that was what I thought "f that!"

1: my neck... I can almost definitely see a difference in my neck... right below my chin... it doesn't pooch out as much... 

2: if I look at the angle of my cheek and lip... it looks smaller... maybe... 

3: the angle of my cheek under my glasses... looks smaller... again maybe... 

4: this one seems weird... but the angle of my ear where it hits the jaw... it looks like it is a bigger angle... like my ear sticks out more... or differently... 

5: the angle of the nose to upper lip... looks sharper... 

6: another weird one... my temple... it looks like you can see more of the bone structure in it... 

I figured since I wasn't doing a 3 things I like... I should go for double :)

I have a hard time seeing differences.... but I am trying to find them

Spoiler

I agree with all the others -- you are an inspiration! I hate having my picture taken, and pretty much avoid it at all costs. I think it's amazing you are facing your demons head-on! WTG!

thats the only way I know how to face a demon ;)

I also hate picture taking... it is annoying and evil... and my kids think it's funny that I am having them take pictures of me :)

Spoiler

I found out today that my face has changed enough hat I have to get refitted for the n95 face mask (a particle respirate mask we use at work) I tried on the one that I got fitted for last year and it didn't fit!! it was all awkward!

Spoiler

so.... I missed yesterday.... I was really tired... then got off work... and stayed up all day... helped the mom and stuff... went to bed around 530 pm.. and didn't get up til almost 6

so today :) I am wide awake... getting ready to have a breakfast date with my mom :)

picture023.jpg

ok so three things I like about this picture :)

I don't get bed head :):D I can spend a week on the trail and my hair still looks nice (well... nice enough... especially if I take clean bandannas) I don't have to do much to my hair to make it presentable :)

I love my dimples :) 

I like my lips.... ok that's a stretch... I always feel like my upper lip is non existent... so... eh... but this is about changing perceptions... so... I like my lips... they kiss my babies... and can offer words of encouragement... :) 

Spoiler

Had a rough day yesterday...

Been fighting with my son to keep his room clean (actually spent about eight hours last week took everything out and used the rug doctor etc) then while his stuff was in his brothers room he trashed that room... It's been a long culminating battle... That yesterday had me in tears... Things in my house have been degenerating for a while now... Chris purposely broke his sister's cell phone and has hidden his brother's... Kids have been fighting more and more and the house has been less and less clean... To the point where I'm ashamed to have people over and my mom refuses to visit....

So yesterday I'm in my son's room and cleaning up after the youngest (two and a half hours and it still isn't done) and the voice in my head tells me that I'm a horrid mother and that my kids would be better off without me and kept going... I sat down and just started crying... I just sat there for a minute and bawled... And then I got really mad and I stood up and yelled at the top of my lungs "shut up shut up shut up!"

I turned some praise music on to down out the voices in my head... And just repeated to myself "I'm a good mom I don't have to be the best mom I just have to be better today than yesterday" I prayed... And tried to get a handle...

The problems in our house are partially my fault... I've been allowing my anger to escalate and not remaining calm... I've not been as patient as I should be...

I came up with an idea and when Chris came home I told him that I considered one dollar to be worth 15 push ups and I spent almost three hours on his room and that each phone was worth 150... I asked him how long it would take him to pay that off...

He was shocked and said he couldn't work that hard... I kept my calm... It was a decent night... This morning I woke him up and told him he had to do as many push ups in a row as he could (13) then as many sit ups (10)... I told him that I would consider a dollar worth ten of either... And he was paying me off this week... I kept my calm... I tried I'm still feeling really horrible... I'm tired of living in chaos... I'm trying to not be angry all the time... It's like a horrible feedback loop... I'm not sure if I'm the speaker or the microphone... But the loop needs to be stopped...

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Spoiler