fighting demons in my mind...

5u2e8uga.jpg

Didn't update yesterday because I was dead when we got home...

I had three kids with me hiking (16, 14, & 12) and one of them said I was the biggest badass adult outside of his older brother (marine) that he knew...

I got sick and had cramps and nearly gave up and waited for a rescue copter... But I didn't I did my hike and today I'm so sore I want to die...

Thank God for vicodin

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

Hey, I am sorry you are having a hard time at home. I understand kids can be crazy! Sometimes I am surprised my mama didn't murder me sometime along the way. Do you usually use PT type punishments? That is an interesting idea, especially for boys with too much energy! Though, when I was in high school on various teams running was a punishment for messing up, and it left me with bad feelings for running, but I think that is a typical high school team sport thing. 

I don't know if you have tried this, but when my brother and I were younger my mom (who was pretty much a single mom like yourself) would have trouble getting us to clean our rooms. One way she cured this, was to take every single thing we owned away from us save the bed and a desk. We then had to earn all of our belongings back, and if we didn't take care of them, she took them away again. We still were sometimes messy after that, but we never let it go too far because she meant business about taking our stuff. My friend in high school's mom did something similar, but she also took her door! But there were some trust issues there with things the girl was doing etc. When we fought, she would also make us do reconciliation as a punishment, as in we would have to do punishments that did something for the other person. Like once I smacked my brother with a plastic mermaid pretty hard, and as a punishment I first had to apologize, and then had to let my brother pick something he wanted me to do for him (like stay and play G.I Joes with him for a weekend instead of going to a friend's house for a sleepover). I don't know if that would help with anything, but it worked for us. :)

Have faith! You are a great mom. I know how hard it can be for moms working full time jobs and being the mom/dad/whole support system (because my mama did the same thing). You are a good mom, you are doing great, and things will get better. There are always rough patches along the way, but we learn from them. Proverbs 31:15-31 describes the kind of mother I imagine you are. You work hard to provide for your family, love them unconditionally, and provide a good role model. Be proud of yourself. 

Sometimes I am surprised my mama didn't murder me sometime along the way. Do you usually use PT type punishments? :)

Have faith! You are a great mom. I know how hard it can be for moms working full time jobs and being the mom/dad/whole support system (because my mama did the same thing). You are a good mom, you are doing great, and things will get better. There are always rough patches along the way, but we learn from them. Proverbs 31:15-31 describes the kind of mother I imagine you are. You work hard to provide for your family, love them unconditionally, and provide a good role model. Be proud of yourself. 

I can't tell you how much I appreciate it :)...I love your awesomeness!

I always hated when people used to say "I hope you have kids just like you"...because now I have three of them :-\

I use a lot of pt discipline... I also make them do community service... it works... we are just hanging a hard time esp with Chris... he is having issues with my mom moving back to Indiana and doesn't understand how to express himself... it's frustrating for all of us...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

be3a9y4a.jpg

Back to slaying this demon eh?

This girl... I love her heart... she does so much for other people... tonight she drove for four hours (round trip) to get her mom at the airport because her stupid cousin didn't get her there in time and she missed her flight.... it's ok though because I rearranged the flight with the airline and for her sent to another airport and got her... even though I'm tired... and I'll wait... but I won't complain because I love my mom and she won't be here forever

Spoiler

ok... back to the grindstone...

this is from the other day because I didn't get one today... and I know it's after midnight... but I don't care...

20130311_181625.jpg

this is me and my boy...

I think he is one of the most handsome people in the world...

and he looks just like me (but.... uhh.... much much smaller ;) )

this guy... he has no understanding of why someone wouldn't like their body... he is so tiny... and is trying to gain weight (he JUST made it to the 9th %ile for weight... we had a party) and I asked him if he was comfortable with his body... he said "I love my body, it's little and not really what I want but I am going to the gym with you and I am eating lots of healthy stuff, we are working on making it the body I want why wouldn't I like it?"

when I told him that some people aren't happy with their bodies when they aren't what they feel they should be he said "that's just crazy to not love what God gave you"

I love that kid... even if he thinks I am crazy...

I think I have been having such a hard time lately because I stopped my positive posts here... I have to remember that I can not be the thing that is pushed aside because I don't have time... I have to stop putting everyone else before me...

when you are in an airplane that is experiencing distress... you take care of yourself first you put your own oxygen on first... not LAST!!!

I love about myself today...

my jaw... I have a strong jawline... it's very fitting for me :) and you can see more of it (when I am thin... I look just like him... except I have a bigger chin butt)

my eyes... and I love that all of my kids have the exact same eye color... and the same twinkle... and the same penchant for mischievousness...

that's all I got... but that's two more than two days ago

Spoiler

a7ejetam.jpg

todays picture....

wow... I didn't realize how dirty the mirror is :nonchalance:

I like that I am able to wake up when my children need me... that doesn't mean I can go right back to sleep... but when they call and I am asleep  I can wake up and talk to them.... eh the joys of having a kid on the autistic spectrum...

I don't know... I am having a hard night at work... I am all alone back in my corner of the unit... and everyone is kinda ignoring me and being standoffish... and I am trying not to cry... all I can do is my job to the best of my ability... it isn't my fault that our small unit was absorbed into a larger one and I am feeling lost and alone...

sigh

Spoiler

ok... back to the grindstone...

this is from the other day because I didn't get one today... and I know it's after midnight... but I don't care...

20130311_181625.jpg

this is me and my boy...

I think he is one of the most handsome people in the world...

and he looks just like me (but.... uhh.... much much smaller ;) )

this guy... he has no understanding of why someone wouldn't like their body... he is so tiny... and is trying to gain weight (he JUST made it to the 9th %ile for weight... we had a party) and I asked him if he was comfortable with his body... he said "I love my body, it's little and not really what I want but I am going to the gym with you and I am eating lots of healthy stuff, we are working on making it the body I want why wouldn't I like it?"

when I told him that some people aren't happy with their bodies when they aren't what they feel they should be he said "that's just crazy to not love what God gave you"

I love that kid... even if he thinks I am crazy...

I think I have been having such a hard time lately because I stopped my positive posts here... I have to remember that I can not be the thing that is pushed aside because I don't have time... I have to stop putting everyone else before me...

when you are in an airplane that is experiencing distress... you take care of yourself first you put your own oxygen on first... not LAST!!!

I love about myself today...

my jaw... I have a strong jawline... it's very fitting for me :) and you can see more of it (when I am thin... I look just like him... except I have a bigger chin butt)

my eyes... and I love that all of my kids have the exact same eye color... and the same twinkle... and the same penchant for mischievousness...

that's all I got... but that's two more than two days ago

Very smart kid you have there!

Read your post a few days ago when you were having kid struggles but didn't have a chance to post. But I wanted to say you are a good, loving mom. I love your idea of havingh him do excercise to pay back for the phone-very creative. And to remind you that yes you are a good parent, but like everyone else you are imperfect, but that is ok because God loves your kids even more than you do and He  is perfect and he will work in their lives despite of  (and using) our imperfections to make them into His image.

On the whole kid bedrooms thing, I have absolutely no advice. I tried everything under the sun with my son, finally just saying keep the door closed so I can't see it. He was home for one week on Christmas break, and when he left, his floor was coverd in junk. But, he is a great guy, works hard at school, wants to spend time with his parents, is a good friend and takes time to help others, and loves God, so I guess the fact that he still doesn't pick up after himself is minor compared to that.

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Very smart kid you have there!

Read your post a few days ago when you were having kid struggles but didn't have a chance to post. But I wanted to say you are a good, loving mom. I love your idea of havingh him do excercise to pay back for the phone-very creative. And to remind you that yes you are a good parent, but like everyone else you are imperfect, but that is ok because God loves your kids even more than you do and He  is perfect and he will work in their lives despite of  (and using) our imperfections to make them into His image.

On the whole kid bedrooms thing, I have absolutely no advice. I tried everything under the sun with my son, finally just saying keep the door closed so I can't see it. He was home for one week on Christmas break, and when he left, his floor was coverd in junk. But, he is a great guy, works hard at school, wants to spend time with his parents, is a good friend and takes time to help others, and loves God, so I guess the fact that he still doesn't pick up after himself is minor compared to that.

if he was a good kid (as in well behaved) or worked hard in school (he says it is superfluous) then I could be ok with the room...

also... he is on the autistic spectrum... and there is a direct corelation between the messiness in his room and his behavior... but he refuses to admit that the worse his room is the worse he behaves and he thinks we are making things up

Spoiler

if he was a good kid (as in well behaved) or worked hard in school (he says it is superfluous) then I could be ok with the room...

also... he is on the autistic spectrum... and there is a direct corelation between the messiness in his room and his behavior... but he refuses to admit that the worse his room is the worse he behaves and he thinks we are making things up

Of course you're just making stuff up...its all a plot to make his life as hard as possible-at least that is what my son always thought. :friendly_wink:  Keep it up, hang in there, it's tough but you really are a good mom.

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

20130314_215403.jpg

what do I like about this girl today??

I like her willingness to help even though everyone on the floor is ignoring her...

I love her sense of style (I mean come on... psychedelic turtles???)

I love her dimples

that is all :)

Spoiler

I can never figure out how to get the pic where I want it.... I want to type below :(

anyway.... I am having a hard time coming up with new things to like about myself... I find myself just thinking of the same five things over and over... and that was not the point of this exercise...

I am a good cook... I am able to cook for my family and introduce them to new foods and they are beginning to enjoy them

I am a good provider... I work hard to make sure that my family has the things that they need...

I can be patient... when I work hard at it...

599739_4846326750941_1418068625_n.jpg

Spoiler

the experiences of yesterday changed me into who I am today

my experiences of today change me into who I will be tomorrow

therefore every day is the best day of my life

because every day is the only day of my life that I am who I am that day

Spoiler

I felt really cute this evening...

maybe it was the good shower.... maybe it was so good hugs before I came to work....

maybe it was my patient who I just had to stick  for the 4th or 5th time tonight (for labs and an abg and and and and)... the last time was to start a new IV because her last one was painful... I appoligised repeatedly for having to stick her again and again... when I was done and flushed it and it worked and was pain free... she started crying and told me how much she appreciated me... that small thing... I could make her hurt a little less (even though I had to hurt her to help her)... that just made my day... I love when I can help my patients feel better :)

but I am having a good night :)

20130319_210107.jpg

Spoiler

I was very excited to see... that I have a defined waist :D

and... my "upper belly" it getting smaller :)

and I got my final pic of my demon... and I think it looks like my upper belly kinda... I will post a pic of him after I get home and go car shopping :D

20130316_125710.jpg

Spoiler

y2a2a2a9.jpg

This is my demon... I find a resemblance between his nose and my upper belly... coincidence? I think not

Spoiler

zybeqydy.jpg

Today I love my faith... I have what some have called an exceptional amount of faith... I know who I am in Christ... I know my God has good plans for me... and I am able to trust in those plans... I know my God... and I have faith in Him above all else...

Spoiler

been a long week .. Mom is home... hopefully things can return to normal... she wasn't living with us but it was still traumatic for everyone involved... she is crazy psycho nuts...

pysu2e7u.jpg

I took my kids to ihop on Easter for lunch..... I like that I am loved... and patient...

And I'm tired I work tonight... after being off so long I don't want to go back

Spoiler

It was good to be back at work... crazy hectic long tiring... but good

6avumehe.jpg

Yesterday was autism awareness day... (I think it lasts the whole month)... my youngest has asperger's which puts him firmly on the autistic spectrum... I wore blue to light up the night for my son...

As for self esteem/loving myself... I haven't really hated myself lately so I guess I'm improving... I'm more apathetic than anything... but I suppose on the spectrum of hating oneself top loving oneself apathy is in the middle...

I just keep repeating to myself "I am loved by the king of kings and he is enthralled with my beauty" I know this means that I am both loveable and beautiful...

I'll keep repeating as I go to sleep.. I work tonight...

Spoiler

Today we got out on the bikes... did almost 14 miles in a little less than two hours...

I was beating myself up because I was averaging eight min miles... before winter I was averaging six min miles and I had sub four min miles...

But then I remembered when I first started riding for distance... and it took me almost nine hours to do eleven hours...

And yeah...

I'm ok with this average... especially since my only miles >9 min were the three miles I was riding with zombie...

I like my tenacity today... I tend to like that often... but I need to get back into this habit

5a3emavy.jpg

Spoiler

And the first time I did eleven miles I could barely walk fir two days and had a sore bum for weeks... today I went to the movies with the kids and then we walked to the restaurant for dinner... then walked at the grocery store... then walked around at the house cooking/cleaning...

No more than my usual level of pain (curse you arthritis!)... I'd call that something I like about me

Spoiler

Go alienjenn! You have all the power in the world and I think that demon is smaller than you think! Good luck on your journey!

I actually went a whole day without thinking negative thoughts about myself... it was awesome

Today my image/positive thought is about my parenting style.. I've always been one to allow my kids to do "dangerous" things by teaching them to understand their physical limits and understand when to ask for help... it's my belief that if I teach them how to do the dangerous stuff and allow them to develop themselves then when they reach the risk taking years they won't get stupid and die...

Anyways... I loved that about myself this weekend... we went camping/hiking this weekend... we did about 5 miles with 8 total river crossings... (the pic is one of the early ones) at the last one my youngest said "it's too deep I don't think I can do it" (it was probably at his hips... it was up to my thighs)... I asked him if he really thought he couldn't do it or if he was scared... he thought about it for a min then said "the current is fast and I'm little it might sweep me away but I think I could do it if I could hold your backpack"

So he held tight to the strap on my pack and we went across :)

It was amazing for me because I love the fact that my kids trust me... and they know what they are capable of... and they don't take stupid risks... even my sixteen year old has told me that he loves that I've allowed him the ability to do "dangerous" things like rock climbing and he thinks that he has more self awareness than the other boys his age at his school...

when your sixteen year old thanks you for your parenting style... I'd call that a win ;)

e9ujujyj.jpg

Spoiler

And my updating may get harder... tapatalk sent me a message that it could only host so many pics and that I was beating my limit.. I'm not sure how to put a pic in from somewhere else on my phone... and I'm rarely at the real computer :(

Spoiler

Testing

post-10692-13659982012488_thumb.jpg

Spoiler