fighting demons in my mind...

Marshmallow monster attack

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

post-10692-13659982364819_thumb.jpg

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

I may have figured it out... we shall see

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

Thanks :) I actually went a whole day without thinking negative thoughts about myself... it was awesome Today my image/positive thought is about my parenting style.. I've always been one to allow my kids to do "dangerous" things by teaching them to understand their physical limits and understand when to ask for help... it's my belief that if I teach them how to do the dangerous stuff and allow them to develop themselves then when they reach the risk taking years they won't get stupid and die... Anyways... I loved that about myself this weekend... we went camping/hiking this weekend... we did about 5 miles with 8 total river crossings... (the pic is one of the early ones) at the last one my youngest said "it's too deep I don't think I can do it" (it was probably at his hips... it was up to my thighs)... I asked him if he really thought he couldn't do it or if he was scared... he thought about it for a min then said "the current is fast and I'm little it might sweep me away but I think I could do it if I could hold your backpack" So he held tight to the strap on my pack and we went across :) It was amazing for me because I love the fact that my kids trust me... and they know what they are capable of... and they don't take stupid risks... even my sixteen year old has told me that he loves that I've allowed him the ability to do "dangerous" things like rock climbing and he thinks that he has more self awareness than the other boys his age at his school... when your sixteen year old thanks you for your parenting style... I'd call that a win ;)e9ujujyj.jpg Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Agreed, any time your 16yr old says you're a good parent, I would write it down and take it everywhere. That is so col that your kids trust you and aren't afraid.

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Agreed, any time your 16yr old says you're a good parent, I would write it down and take it everywhere. That is so col that your kids trust you and aren't afraid.

I like also that they talk to me... it could be that we've had so many years of family therapy... but we can usually get to the root off the issue :)

Spoiler

Today my positive thing is this...

http://realbeautysketches.dove.us/

Watch this...

I think my sketch would be very accurate...

I think I may be in that 4% of women who thinks of themselves as beautiful... it's becoming much easier :)

Spoiler

I felt pretty today :) for the first time in a long time I actually just felt pretty :)

and I love my ankles :) I don't know why... they just look really awesome in this pic :D

20130417_183551.jpg3588_4984432363495_1944498519_n.jpg

Spoiler

hey Bekah!! (my middle name is Rebekah :D )

I am still working on it :) but I am noticing that it is easier every day!

Spoiler

Awesome!!! Easier definitely helps. Me and this demon are old enemies too, but I have finally learned to ignore him most of the time. It feels good doesnt it? :) Oh and I love your parenting story with your son, my 14 yr old and I are re-bonding through a rough time at the moment, and I'm feeling the love too! :D

Druid Assassin Halfling

:) Druid  :)

Level 16, Current Quest: Bekah Returns

Spoiler

Your life does not get better by chance. It gets better by change.

- Jim Rohn

Awesome!!! Easier definitely helps. Me and this demon are old enemies too, but I have finally learned to ignore him most of the time. It feels good doesnt it? :) Oh and I love your parenting story with your son, my 14 yr old and I are re-bonding through a rough time at the moment, and I'm feeling the love too! :D

we've been through a lot the kids and I...

I like when I hear about parents bonding :D it makes me happy... how many do you have?

Spoiler

awesome :) I have 3... Shakespeare is 16 (and he just started driving... AHH the learners permit!!), RAS is 14 (and a total dr who nerd), and Zombie is 12 (he will be 13 in june) 

Spoiler

hahaha JJ wants to drive soooooo bad!! He is into music, plays the flute, alto sax, drums and piano. Abby is an artist, in every sense of the word. They are amazing, and they are proving it more everyday lately

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn

RAS is my musician... she is in special chorus... and plays the flute... she also is a painter... and loves sculpting and dance...

Shakespeare wants to be a marine... and he is into fitness and such... he loves going with me to the gym... and he even goes on his own... he also wants to be a lawyer... he is VERY good at arguing :)

Zombie is very creative... he is my writer... it's cool because he is working on his second book... the first one is one of short stories and this one is a novel... this one he is actually having me type for him and he wants to find a publisher...

Spoiler

Went walking with the kids today... I LOVE that I have more energy... I never used to be able to keep up with them... when they were toddlers I was always the mom sitting on the bench watching them play... but now I'm the mom who runs with them

I love that

ja8u4y6u.jpg

Spoiler

LOVE that picture!!!! Its the opposite for me, when they were toddlers I could run and play and now I can't but I will soon enough, gotta focus on the bare necessities this round...but once things are stable again...I'm going to be busting my tail to get this weight off!

I really admire moms who didn't let the world break them and fight like hell for their kids...it makes us (and them) amazing people. Oh and by the way, both me and my oldest have Asperger's, so I can understand a bit about difficult parenting too :)

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn

LOVE that picture!!!! Its the opposite for me, when they were toddlers I could run and play and now I can't but I will soon enough, gotta focus on the bare necessities this round...but once things are stable again...I'm going to be busting my tail to get this weight off!

I really admire moms who didn't let the world break them and fight like hell for their kids...it makes us (and them) amazing people. Oh and by the way, both me and my oldest have Asperger's, so I can understand a bit about difficult parenting too :)

When my youngest was three I was diagnosed with diabetes... I was at my heaviest 340# and couldn't walk very far or very fast... I was a mess... it's been almost ten years and that diagnosis was the best thing that happened to me... it was the impetus for all the changes I've made... :)

Spoiler

mu2u2aze.jpg

This may seem like a weird thing... but today when I saw my shadow I saw a "normal" person... I didn't see a huge person... I saw a normal person... it was awesome :)

Spoiler

You are a "normal" person :) I'm thrilled that you see it now too! It's amazing what kinds of things can impact our lives, my ex husband has type 2 diabetes and has tried unsuccessfully for a decade to take care of his health...so what works for one may not work for all, which I find fascinating myself...figuring out that one switch in each of us.

For me, it's almost entirely psychological, my physical body is my insides on the outside, if that makes sense. I was a normal weight all of my life, but I was not "healthy" in my head, I was a normal weight because I focused an enormous amount of energy in maintaining my exact body size. I gained weight from psychiatric meds, and that triggered all those demons in my head that I had in a death grip in my "normal" body. I attempted suicide because I was told that I was too fat to be attractive anymore...and thats a nasty bastard, that one. I don't understand "normal" eating or "normal" thinking about food, bodies, etc. and thats something i may always struggle with.

I think my impetus is that I want to care for myself, so that I am healthy and happy and sane for my love and my children, because To "do it for myself" has never been enough, but the thought of doing it to benefit him and my kiddos, is all the motivation I need.

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn

I do have to say... it was more the decision that I didn't want my children to watch me die a slow horrible death from diabetes.... at first... I have an aunt... who over the course of ten years had amputation after amputation as the gangrene ate its way up her leg and finally settled in her pelvis and killed her... and she would eat the whole box of twinkies while watching tv... or two or three... knowing how that impacted her (then adult) children and thinking how that would affect my kids.... I was already there... I was on the path... if I hadn't radically changed I would be dead by now...  

I guess I have never looked at myself and said "oh she's a normal person..." I have always looked at myself and thought "oh that's a whale she's a fat one"

so it was just very odd for me when I looked at my shadow and saw a "normal" shadow... 

Spoiler

Thanks bekah :)

I was called sassy the other day at workararu4u5.jpg

Spoiler

And... I've been noticing lately that I have a neck... I love my neck :)

that's all

Spoiler

:) How's the demon fighting? i think as soon as I kill one, ten replace it! Although right now my recent past is the worst of them. I struggle to deal with other people's emotions effectively...good old Asperger's, making intimate relationships torturous since, forever. I jus't struggle to know what to do, say etc. when people are having any kind of very strong emotions unless its something I have been told exactly how to handle previously (ie. when I cry, I need a hug) but then when the situation with that person changes, I'm at a loss again, but thankfully, I had some amazing advice given to me that said sometimes it's okay to just not do anything. I know that this has broken just about every relationship in some way, or at least contributed to the problems, and that makes me afraid to ever get involved with anyone, because I'm tired of things going wrong and I don't know how to handle it, and then being seen as cold and unfeeling, when its so much the opposite. I used to think I was completely incapable of love, but I just didnt understand how to love in a way that resonated, I guess we each have our own "frequency" (makes me think of that book The 5 Love Languages) but now I know I can (and do) love, and that helps a lot with knowing this is a demon thats not as real as he appears to be.

So, there's my demon of late, fucker. lol.

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn

I have been doing great :)

haven't thought negativly about myself in a while... I want to get back into taking photos again but I am tired of photos of me in my scrubs :/

I have started the research and prewriting stage of my book :) I am actually going to make writing it a goal in the next challenge :D

I totally understand what you mean... we have had to do a lot of training with Zombie to teach him how to interact with people... and he is getting there

Spoiler