Nerd Accessories -- Site update and Survey!

Hi guys,

So I've been thinking alot about a particular project, but I'm not sure if its a useful idea or not.  It's centered around fandoms and nerdiness, so I figure you guys are the perfect ones to ask.

Basically, it would be a website that features handmade "nerdcessories" in a Groupon/Clymb/limited time sale format.  I was planning on featuring 5 user-voted standard fandoms each week (Doctor Who/Star Wars/Harry Potter/etc), plus a different smaller fandom or general nerdy things for a 6th day.

I was thinking this could be a good way for Etsians/other nerds to showcase their work, and we all love unique things.

Thoughts?

Level 2 Assassin STR - 2 | DEX - 2 | STA - 2 | CON - 4 | WIS - 3 | CHA - 2

PostPolished - Blogging Simplified

Sounds kinda like those "woot" sites (eg shirtwoot) that sell nerdy t-shirts ONE DAY ONLY, and they have contests so artists can submit designs and people vote on them.  But with accessories, not shirts, right?

Are you plotting to create a website that does this from the ground up?  Or are you wanting to get together with other Etsy artists and hire someone to do it?

Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

Hylian Assassin 5'5", 143 lbs.
Half-marathon: 3:02
It is pitch dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Sounds kinda like those "woot" sites (eg shirtwoot) that sell nerdy t-shirts ONE DAY ONLY, and they have contests so artists can submit designs and people vote on them.  But with accessories, not shirts, right?

Are you plotting to create a website that does this from the ground up?  Or are you wanting to get together with other Etsy artists and hire someone to do it?

It would be kind of similar to the woot sites, but people would vote on which particular fandom they want to see, not necessarily the exact merchandise.  I was thinking that I could do some searching for artists that are already producing on Etsy and basically give them a spotlight for 1-3 days.  For instance, if it was Doctor Who day, I would try to feature something like this: http://www.etsy.com/listing/121621075/hello-sweetie-signed-art-print-8x111

I like the idea. As long as Zelda was involved :D

Obvi, Zelda will be an option.  I read somewhere that people are more willing to purchase when they are involved in the design process.  If I move forward with this, I'm planning on doing a pre-launch survey to determine which fandoms are featured weekly.  And then I'm thinking we'll do additional surveys every quarter or so, to give every fandom a chance. :rapture:

Level 2 Assassin STR - 2 | DEX - 2 | STA - 2 | CON - 4 | WIS - 3 | CHA - 2

PostPolished - Blogging Simplified

Nerdcessories will be interesting, I'm already seeing a LOT of nerd stuff ie. Mario Bros. Mushroom Beanies, LoZ Shield&Master Sword pendants, so I'm not sure if you're planning on making them or just showing them to other nerds (I didn't catch that part) but they're out there.

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

I often browse Etsy for nerdy items, though I don't indulge in buying them often.  I have too many small objects laying around my house already ;)

I kinda want to get a "It's dangerous to go alone, take this" rack for my house keys.  And one of these years, when I get a car, it's gonna have one of those Firefly ship plate stickers on the bumper.  Oh, yes it will.

and my brother's motorcycle helmet needs Rebel Alliance insignia ... but they need to be adhesive, removable, and waterproof, which is tough to find.

Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

Hylian Assassin 5'5", 143 lbs.
Half-marathon: 3:02
It is pitch dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

hey guys! so I went ahead and set up a website to start fleshing out this idea.  y'all could really help me out by signing up at nerdflash.com and taking my short and sweet survey.  help me spread the word by sending all the nerds you know to it as well!

Done :D

"It's always the ones that don't do anything that try to bring you down" - Henry Rollins

"There is no meantime, there is only now" - The Ditty Bops

Trail Blazing Elf Ranger Sumdawgtwigg Level 3  STR-3 DEX-4 STA-4 CON-3 WIS-5 CHA-2

Fitocracy

My Game Blog

DO IT CHALLENGE!

I didn't see a survey, but I did post it to my FB, so there's at least that!

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

Yeah, the link doesn't work, I tried going to the website, and nothing.

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler