Which superhero do you think best represents the Assassins?

Wolverine

49 members have voted

1. 1. Which superhero do you think best represents the Assassins?

From that list I suppose I'd go for Daredevil, but having been more of a WildStorm fan I picked "other", because for me it's a toss-up between Jack Hawksmoor (the way he is the city could be a metaphor for the world being the assassins' playground) and the Midnighter (since he uses his bodyweight to beat people to death ;)).

None! I choose Altair, Ezio, and Connor!

No love for Aveline?

Wood Elf Assassin
  -- Level 10 --
STR 26 | DEX 13 | STA 19 | CON 7 | WIS 14 | CHA 14

I said Batman.

He very much leads a double life, his normal everyday life and then his life as Batman.

He has no intrinsic genetic gifts or mutations that set him apart.  He is for all intents and purposes a normal human.

Now he does have a lot of money which leads to all his toys, but I don't think that is particularly fundamental to his character, Batman would still be a BA even when broke.

Batman operates in the shadows.

He was once a part of and was trained by the League of Assassing/Shadows, before leaving to be a force for good.

currently maintaning

battle log challenges: 16,15,14,13,12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1
follow me: myfitnesspal
don't panic!

Batman was my second choice!

He has no intrinsic genetic gifts or mutations that set him apart.  He is for all intents and purposes a normal human.

That's why I've always preferred him over those with superpowers. Superman can just laser everything with his eyes. Batman has to work for it.

Level 3 Assassin

STR: 7 | DEX: 4 | STA: 4 | CON: 5 | WIS: 5 | CHA: 3

The problem with Batman is that his personal code doesn't let him kill people. By every code and definition of assassin... I think Hawkeye fits better. The best is probably Black Widow, but she's not up there.

Level 1 Ranger Assassin

Strength: 6  Dexterity: 7  Stamina: 3  Constitution: 5  Wisdom: 3  Charisma: 2

"Up to a point a man's life is shaped by environment,heredity, and movements and changes in the world about him; then there comes a time when it lies within his grasp to shape the clay of his life into the sort of thing he wishes to be. Only the weak blame parents, their race their times, lack of good fortune, or the quirks of fate. Everyone has is within his power to say, this I am today, that I shall be tomorrow. The wish, however, must be implemented by deeds."

Deadpool. Because...Deadpool.

tumblr_mhwb5tmBZa1rbwup7o1_500.jpg

If not Deadpool, I would call Cat Woman. Limited scruples, top of her game, totally badass, and always improving and learning from her mistakes. And maybe Robin - an acrobat who works hard, and at the end of the day, is just a normal guy who trained hard to kick ass.

Level 1 Orc Assassin STR: 5.5 | DEX: 5 | STA: 5 | CON: 5 | WIS: 5 | CHA: 6.5 "My strength lies in my tenacity."  

I picked Batman.. because well, he's Batman. He's just cool. And BA.

But I had some misgivings on the point that Kerbouchard raised as well. He won't kill unless there is no other option, and Black Widow doesn't have any such scruples. 

Black Widow as second choice

BlackWidowEowyn

Lvl 6 Hobbit Assassin

"Obstacles can't stop you, problems can't stop you. Most of all, other people can't stop you. Only you can stop you. " – J. Gitomer

"A vision of a champion is someone who is bent over drenched in sweat, at the point of exhaustion, when no one else is watching. "– Anson Dorrance

My kick in the Pants, #1, #2, #3, #4, #5

@missmajachere

Prolly Bats or Cats. Silent, invisible, no superpowers. The no killing thing doesn't really bother me, you'd want to leave less evidence and not be seen at all rather than silently merc everyone in the building (think Agent 47). If Batman decided to kill people and become an assassin, he'd be friggin' awesome at it so yeah. Neither of them really do enough parkour to make me happy but they jump around on buildings and stuff a lot so that's close enough...

The body is just a vehicle for the soul...

I wanna build a racecar!

LV. 4 Lycan Assassin STR: STA: 10CON: 8.25  WIS: 5CHA: 4.5   DEX: 3.50

Past Challenges: {1} {2} {3}

I'm voting Spider-man.  He has a real job, he's suitably nerdy, he does lots of climbing and dodging, and his heart's usually in the right place, unlike so many "heroes" who are basically leashed psychopaths (like, ahem, BATMAN).  Although he's not terribly sneaky.  For sneak, I'd go with Nightcrawler.

Sorry, Batman is no assassin.  He's a thug with a cape and an unlimited credit card.  He prepares obsessively just so he'll never have to improvise or be flexible with his plans.  He never tricks people when punching them will do.  Not subtle if you ask me.

Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

Hylian Assassin 5'5", 143 lbs.
Half-marathon: 3:02
It is pitch dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Assassins were the very definition of psychopath/sociopath. At least the original Hashashins were. Young men taken, promised 42 virgins or so, and doped with the drug hashish so they would be fearless. Our view of assassins is very romanticized. I think a closer match to our view of assassins would be freelance far east assassins, medieval assassins, and maybe ninjas, though our view of them are highly romanticized as well.

Level 1 Ranger Assassin

"Up to a point a man's life is shaped by environment,heredity, and movements and changes in the world about him; then there comes a time when it lies within his grasp to shape the clay of his life into the sort of thing he wishes to be. Only the weak blame parents, their race their times, lack of good fortune, or the quirks of fate. Everyone has is within his power to say, this I am today, that I shall be tomorrow. The wish, however, must be implemented by deeds."

Assassins were the very definition of psychopath/sociopath. At least the original Hashashins were. Young men taken, promised 42 virgins or so, and doped with the drug hashish so they would be fearless. Our view of assassins is very romanticized.

I don't disagree that they've been romanticized, but the drugged part probably wasn't actually true - most of those stories came from crusader types who were hardly going to present unbiased stories about Ismaili society (or any Islamic society for that matter).

Wood Elf Assassin
  -- Level 10 --

Fair enough. I suppose I'm as guilty as any of spouting of what I've heard as fact without doing the research. Apologies.

Level 1 Ranger Assassin

I voted 'other' but would vote for "none"

in my optic an assassin isnt a superhero, but is a hardworking, focused and fearless version of your very self.

Isn't that what Batman is though? He doesn't have any super powers, he got to where he is through hard work, fearlessness and relentlessness. Never giving up and never holding back, trying to better himself every day. To me, Batman is Bruce's fearless and stronger version of himself.

Level 6 Amazon Assassin Ranger

challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5

the rebuilding of the Amazon: #6

Isn't that what Batman is though? He doesn't have any super powers, he got to where he is through hard work, fearlessness and relentlessness.

And being rich, of course.  Batman wouldn't have all the fancy gear without his family money! ;)

Wood Elf Assassin
  -- Level 10 --

And being rich, of course.  Batman wouldn't have all the fancy gear without his family money! ;)

True, but the fancy gear is only but a help to his parkouring and crime fighting around Gotham City! He wouldn't be able to fight and jump around and everything without his stamina and strength!

Batman, because, umm.. HELLO,  BATMAN!  I mean , dat theme song.

No, really though, he had some trauma and used it to motivate himself for a cause, pushing himself past his fears and making himself more and more capable.  He trained and worked to become a force to be reckoned with (money can't buy you experience guys, it just helps ;D )  Yes, the Bat does use his shiny toys to pull him through, but that's the same as a freerunner using good running shoes, in my opinion: it's just the tools of the trade.  He had to build himself, just like we do.  DKR, for example when Bruce started out in the pit with a broken spine and proceeded to eventually free climb out of the hole?  No toys, no money, no help, no status; just balls of steel.  Batman has no super powers, just like us.  He's only human.  

And as for Batman never killing anyone?  Psh, do you read comics?  Here, have some of this link. The guy may lack sneak attacks in his arsenal of baws-ness, but the dude wears a mask for a reason: even if he is seen (or in the case of The Dark Knight, when he works with the police against The Joker <3 ) no one knows it's really Bruce Wayne.  And that dude is ALWAYS disappearing into the shadows, much to Gordon's dismay.  Very assassin-y.

Also, when he does go looking for clever little gadgets to use, he keeps it on the DL, going to someone who works for his company that he can trust.  Resourceful.  Just like us.  He has Alfred to tend his wounds, and pick him back up when he's fallen too low, much the same way we have a guild of other assassin's cheering us on as we overcome each of our obstacles.  ;)

Halfling; Samurai Assassin, Level 2

Challenge Number Three: Reboot

"Runners see the city in a different way. We see the flow... The flow is what keeps us running, keeps us alive."

ZOMBIES!!

Batman, because, umm.. HELLO,  BATMAN!  I mean , dat theme song.

No, really though, he had some trauma and used it to motivate himself for a cause, pushing himself past his fears and making himself more and more capable.  He trained and worked to become a force to be reckoned with (money can't buy you experience guys, it just helps ;D )  Yes, the Bat does use his shiny toys to pull him through, but that's the same as a freerunner using good running shoes, in my opinion: it's just the tools of the trade.  He had to build himself, just like we do.  DKR, for example when Bruce started out in the pit with a broken spine and proceeded to eventually free climb out of the hole?  No toys, no money, no help, no status; just balls of steel.  Batman has no super powers, just like us.  He's only human.  

And as for Batman never killing anyone?  Psh, do you read comics?  Here, have some of this link. The guy may lack sneak attacks in his arsenal of baws-ness, but the dude wears a mask for a reason: even if he is seen (or in the case of The Dark Knight, when he works with the police against The Joker <3 ) no one knows it's really Bruce Wayne.  And that dude is ALWAYS disappearing into the shadows, much to Gordon's dismay.  Very assassin-y.

Also, when he does go looking for clever little gadgets to use, he keeps it on the DL, going to someone who works for his company that he can trust.  Resourceful.  Just like us.  He has Alfred to tend his wounds, and pick him back up when he's fallen too low, much the same way we have a guild of other assassin's cheering us on as we overcome each of our obstacles.   ;)

Thank you!

I present the following from Wikipedia:

"While Hawkeye has no superhuman powers...he is at the very peak of human conditioning; he is an exceptional fencer, acrobat and a grandmaster marksman, having been trained from childhood in the circus and by the criminals Trick Shot and Swordsman...

Hawkeye has also been thoroughly trained by Captain America in tactics, martial arts, and hand-to-hand combat. Hawkeye excels in the use of ranged weapons, especially the bow and arrow, and carries a quiver containing a number of customized "trick arrows". In his role as Ronin, Barton shows great proficiency with the katana and other melee weapons. He has gained a reputation for being able to "turn any object into a weapon", and has been seen using items such as tin plates, coins, sticks and other debris to great effect against his enemies."

Ignore the Hawkeye from the recent Avengers movie...they barely scratched the surface of what Hawkeye is. I understand and appreciate the arguments for Batman, but what is he without his "wonderful toys?"

drsloomis: level 5 human assassin

STR: 15 | DEX: 17 | CON: 12 | STA: 12 | WIS: 14 | CHA: 8

Current Challenge

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines