Southern California Meet up!

Upon random discovery, it's been observed that there are Several of us nerds located close enough to have a Meet up, Depending on where the majority of us are, I believe a meet up inbetween the Center of us all would be fair and easy.

So we're thinking about having a meet up on a Weekend, 4-7 weeks, from now. If you're interested, have a suggestion for an activity, or just want to plain come, please reply!

Nerds coming so far:

Red1263

Theanne

Dates suggested:

March 9th/10th

March 16th/17th

March 23rd/24th

March 30th/31st

Activities:

Hanging out

Working out

Any and all suggestions are appreciated!

• Like 1

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

If I'm in the area whenever it happens I'll do my best to swing by. Replying to subscribe as well.

Scout 30/Ranger 1 (3 skipped)

Spoiler

"I must not fear. / Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing......Only I will remain."
-Litany Against Fear

Facebook | Twitter | Runkeeper | Strava
Shukar Still Isn't Lion

Depending on the weekend, this does sound like fun!  I would be interested in attending.

Level 1  Pixie

Ranger

STR: 2 DEX: 3 STA: 3 CON: 2 WIS: 2 CHA: 3

"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

OK So I'm seeing a lot of "Depending on the weekend"'s the ones listed here are merely suggestions, so I have questions for all of you:

1. Can you list/point out which weekends that are good for you?
  2. I saw no suggestions, so, What activities would you guys like to do? If any at all? (we can always just hangout for lunch and get nerdy with one another :P)

I think once we get an idea of how many people we can get to fit into 1 day, then we can decide on where we'll be to hang out, because we need to find out how many people are going to come, that way we can find a location that'll be as close to the middle of us all as possible. The more details you guys give me, the quicker I can formulate a plan for us to meet up.

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

Nerd day at Disneyland? :P (Says the guy who is only possibly coming from out of state and has an annual pass)

• Like 1

Scout 30/Ranger 1 (3 skipped)

Spoiler

"I must not fear. / Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing......Only I will remain."
-Litany Against Fear

Facebook | Twitter | Runkeeper | Strava
Shukar Still Isn't Lion

I imagine this won't be the quickest meetup as we need to make sure we coordinate well. I think meeting somewhere convenient for the majority is cool. Maybe a barbecue as those can be had just about anywhere! And we could just have outdoor games and such. 

Warrior in Training - I squat, therefore I am TestChallenges Feb-March | Log | PvP one | Old Challenges three, fourfive, six

Social. MFP | Fitocracy

I can do March 16th/17th or March 30th/31st.  Basically for me I can do every other weekend because I have my girls the other weekends.

Level 1  Pixie

Ranger

"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

OK Well, since Mindisruption was the only one to suggest a date, Let's start with that. who can come on either days/weekends?

March 16th & 17th

OR

March 30th & 31st

Once we get Who can and cannot come, we can decide on Where and What and What Time. The faster you guys respond, the faster we can plan this out!

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler

OK So I think it's safe to say that we're all poor and March 16th/17th will be the projected day for the Meet-up!

So this boils down to activities that don't involve.... well, money. So, that leaves us with:

1. Picnic/Potluck/BYOB/BBQ
  2. Hanging out at a Park/Zoo/Museum
  3. Hiking at a near by mountain/resort/fairly large hill

If you guys can pick/suggest an activity, I can delve into it and find out several locations, so far it's appears to be that the meet-up will happen around Visterra/Kim Possible's location due to the fact that she's in the middle of everyone, of course, this is merely a start, to help try to find out where we'll all be/what we will be doing. 

How does that sound to you guys? Yay? Nay? Meh?

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler

For clarification: location would be around Oceanside/Vista/San Marcos?

I'm voting a 5-7 mile moderate hike followed by BBQ, with optional BYOB. A looped hike that starts/ends near a park with barbecues would be ideal.  

Or, we could go beachside and do a cliff themed hike and follow up with eating by a bonfire.

Anxious, but ambitious! Current challenge: Undermining the Conspiracy

Find me on Twitter or maybe Instagram

A hike sounds great as well as a bbq/bonfire.  We could hike Torrey Pines or somewhere near the beach so we could do a bonfire.

Level 1  Pixie

Ranger

For clarification: location would be around Oceanside/Vista/San Marcos?

I'm voting a 5-7 mile moderate hike followed by BBQ, with optional BYOB. A looped hike that starts/ends near a park with barbecues would be ideal.  

Or, we could go beachside and do a cliff themed hike and follow up with eating by a bonfire.

Yes, the location would be around there.

I'm not too familiar with nearby hikes and whatnot, so any suggestions like Mindisruption put is needed/helpful, a quick search found me:

And that's about it, if anyone knows these areas or is familiar with them or knows other locations that might be good, then please share. 

I've been to Anza-Borrego before, it's a desert park, there's an Oasis trail (which I thought was pretty cool) and a nice mountain hike (which I didn't get to go to) but for being in the Desert, it's pretty good IMO. Lots of open space and area, you can literally spend the whole day just exploring, there's also a small town nearby with groceries and other things.

Links are provided in the names of the parks so you can check them out, if they seem interesting to you. 

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler

Carlsbad State Beach is gorgeous, but I haven't been in forever, so I wouldn't exactly call myself familiar with it. My personal preference is beaches or trees :P

But I'm up for wherever.

I love the hike idea! I'm also for BYO. 

Level 2 Half-elf Druid

STR: 3 | DEX: 6.5 | STA: 1 | CON: 6.5 | WIS: 4.5 | CHA: 3

If you do not change where you are headed, you will end up where you are going.