Southern California Meet up!

Allo everyone :)

I live in Southern California close to Fontana, I'm from the high desert and attended VVC before moving down here. I RPG with a group of friends on Skype that live in England because I really don't have any local friends. I also love Destiny :) I play on the Xbox One that I was gifted on Christmas. I'm painfully self conscious and have concerns with anxiety that basically sabotage me when I try most things involving the outernet :P

I used to paintball and airsoft like crazy but haven't had the time for it in quite a while and was looking to get back into them! Airsoft moreso tbh.

For the Rebellion!

Douglas

You can become a Hero. 

Hello, is there anybody out there..?

I just logged into the Academy, after a while away, to find that the forums no longer exist. Which led me to Facebook, which I don't participate in, which lead me here. 

I'm trying to get my butt back into gear and join the ranks of you fine rebels.

Anything planned for the near future?  I am near the Pasadena area, but willing to travel a bit.

What's up SoCal!

Ive been skimming through the the posts and notice that the meet ups haven't happened for a while, so let's start them up again! New to the site, not new to fitness and would love to meet with some of you fellow nerds and maybe tackle a workout or hike!

• Like 2
On 5/19/2016 at 11:02 AM, MandoDaab said:

What's up SoCal!

Ive been skimming through the the posts and notice that the meet ups haven't happened for a while, so let's start them up again! New to the site, not new to fitness and would love to meet with some of you fellow nerds and maybe tackle a workout or hike!

Heya MandoDaab, Yeah, I had planned a NF hike some time ago, and only 2 people showed up, so it was a bit disheartening. But I'm down for another one. Any ideas?

There's also a Socal NF meetup group here: http://www.meetup.com/Nerd-Fitness-LA/ they just did a hike recently. 

• Like 1

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

I apologize for the tardiness in this reply, my notifications weren't working for some reason! 

And thats at okay if only 2 people show up, once we can get something consistent I'm positive more will show or even current attendees will bring buddies!

as far as things to do or ideas, we really couldn't be in a better place! We could do pretty much anything to like lsd's on the beach, swim the bay or mission beach and there's a ton of hikes and trails! I want to start planning them once a week on Saturdays and preferably in the morning!

As far as the sf meet up, I'd really like to start our own and kinda stay local, I mean definitely in the future we could do some travel events but for now as we start it up, I'd like to get a consistent group in our area!

anyways these are my ideas! If you have any feel free to message me anytime!

In terms of an activity, I mean, well it's California... It's just the timing, schedule, and random things happening at the last minute. That's pretty much the biggest obstacle. Speaking for myself, my work schedule changes every week, so I really can't know what days I'll have off until Friday. Destroys what little social life I had, but if I can make it work, I will.

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

On 7/11/2016 at 7:12 AM, MandoDaab said:

I apologize for the tardiness in this reply, my notifications weren't working for some reason! 

And thats at okay if only 2 people show up, once we can get something consistent I'm positive more will show or even current attendees will bring buddies!

as far as things to do or ideas, we really couldn't be in a better place! We could do pretty much anything to like lsd's on the beach, swim the bay or mission beach and there's a ton of hikes and trails! I want to start planning them once a week on Saturdays and preferably in the morning!

As far as the sf meet up, I'd really like to start our own and kinda stay local, I mean definitely in the future we could do some travel events but for now as we start it up, I'd like to get a consistent group in our area!

anyways these are my ideas! If you have any feel free to message me anytime!

there is an LA area meet up group... i know they've done a few hikes. 

Try not, do or do not- Yoda

1 hour ago, Toshimi said:

I think we're (the NF meet up) going to be doing The Tempest at Griffith park in August. Figuring out the final details now!

Are you part of this Meet-up group? I've been wanting to go, but work skews my social life :P

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler

21 minutes ago, Red1263 said:

Are you part of this Meet-up group? I've been wanting to go, but work skews my social life :P

Yeah I'm part of the meet up group, I also am a co-organizer with another meet up group. I'm organizing the other group for The Tempest, and now working with the NF organizer to get it on that one too! 

The Tempest is in the old zoo area near the Merry Go Round at Griffith Park. We went a few years ago to one of the plays in the park and it was a lot of fun. 

I am sorry I think I am one of the people who couldn't make the the last meet up planned on here. My schedule was nuts this past year with work + rehearsal stuff, but it's a little less hectic these days! If something ever falls on a weekend and I am free I would love to hang out with you all!!  :)

Assassin extraordinaire!!

Current Challenge

5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34

35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41

We're going to go see the Tempest at Griffith Park! Details are on the Meetup group! its August 13th. I can post more details here too if people want. Just an FYI I'm organizing this with 2 groups I'm in, so should be lots of fun, BYOP (bring your own picnic) no alcohol allowed in LA parks. They ask no pets. 

And for those who are not on the meet up group, it's a fee site to join, and it's a great organizing tool. 

• Like 1

I'm near Riverside, 1.5 hours away from LA

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler