I should say hi.

I've never been all that great at forums.  Still, everything's gotta change sometime.

Hey, I'm Vex, and I'm an alc-- nope, wrong forum.

I'm 25, and this is probably the most out of shape I've been my entire life.  I have my reasons (don't we all) why I've let it get this far.  I have arthritis in my knees and hands; and lumbar muscular atrophy.  Basically the muscles in the base of my spine don't work properly.  

This was all pretty manageable a few years ago.  I wasn't eating healthily, but I was living a very active lifestyle.  Walking 9+ miles every day for years builds up a lot of stamina, and I was burning off a lot of what I was eating.  And then, I moved.  I live in an area where I don't know anyone now, and over the last four years I've gone from 5'7" and 155lbs, to a little over 320lbs.  It puts a lot of strain on the physical disabilities I already have.  When you have that much weight putting pressure on joints that are already aching, even getting out of bed can be too much on a cold day.

I've tried altering my diet in a whole mess of ways over the years.  Right now I barely eat carbs, and that seems to be helping in and of itself.  But I've tried liquid fasting, calorie counting, and probably every fad diet I could get my hands on.  When all of that failed, I started looking around for other things.  Didn't want to look at my fitness routine when I could make aching excuses.  In truth, the fact of the matter was that I was probably more scared than anything else.  Massive changes to my lifestyle weren't something I was prepared to do.

I stumbled on the Rebellion purely by chance, and it was the first time that an overall fitness plan actually made sense to me.  Applying gamer logic straightened out the terminology fitness addicts had been pushing at me for ages, and I got my itch back again.

Goals.  Goals goals goals.  I have a lot of those.  In general, I know my limits, I'm pretty well tuned into my body.  So I know I can't push too hard or too fast, it's not smart.  But I want to be able to walk for miles, just for the sake of walking.  That's about it.

And for me, that requires motivation.  I've spent lord knows how long surrounded by people who will tell me "Well, if you're hurting, then maybe you should take a rest today."  I don't need that mentality, I can provide that on my own.  I need the people who'll tell me that I shouldn't be giving up if I think I can do it, and that there's no such word as can't anyway.  If that makes sense.

TL:DR - Hey.  I'm here.

Do the thing

2024 Intentions Roadmap