Rincewind - From Runner to Ranger

Rincewind

Rincewind is best at running for his life. So am I - basically. I do endurance running. But I am pretty weak and I struggle with establishing an exercise routine (and sticking to it) to become stronger and more agile. - So today Rincewind is starting to learn some spells and write them into his magic book. - Will the worst wizzard on earth discworld finally do some magic?

This is my first challenge - and I'm pretty late. So here are my small goals for this week. I will give 1 attribute point for each goal - hope that is acceptable?

1) Exercise routine [WIS +1]

Write an exercise routine for 3 days strength and 3 days running. 30 to 60 minutes each.

Has to be fun. Has to include a lot of variation. Has to be combined with music/youtube/etc to be fun. Consider doing it outdoors.

2) Nutrition plan [CON +1]

Create a basic nutrition plan with 5 meals / day.

Has to be 100% vegetarian and 80% vegan meals. Eat fresh plants every meal. Consider aspects of paleo. Plan protein consumption.

3) Make it real - make it easy. [WIS +1]

Do at least 1 set of exercises w 5 reps following the newly-written routine (1).

Eat 5 meals a day (2). Observe my nutrition habits.

Take notes. Collect ideas how to make changes. What can I do immediately? What has to be planned? What would be the easiest way to get there? Communicate changes with my wife. :)

4) Build a support group. [CHA +1]

Get in contact with at least 3 people who share my visions. 1 Has to be closer than 10miles to where I live.

Los geht's! :)

My NF character: Rincewind

Class: Assassin

My 4 week challenge

(Location: Germany - CET / UTC/GMT+1)

Hi Rincewind!

I like your scaled-down goals for this week.

Are you a veggie?  I am vegan, so would be interested to see your nutrition plan :)

Good luck working your magic!

Eirlys - Long Time Wood Fairy Druid

Current Challenge: S4 (Sleep, Sugar, Spending, Son)

Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.

-- Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Done is better than perfect

-- Facebook

OK, this is my exercise routine. I am doing a test run this week. Goal setting and adaptation for the next challenge will be during next week.

These are my principles for working out:

• Fun! - I want to have as much fun as possible.
  • Variation. - 3-5 sets, reps/weight/intensity change every week. Also part of FUN and it keeps my muscles busy to guess what's coming next.
  • Possible. Can be done anywhere and under any circumstances (Monday). Can be done while travelling (Monday/Wednesday/Friday).
  • Simple. - 5 fingers, 5 exercises. - Following Steve's advice, every set's order is quads - butt/hamstrings - core - push - pull.
  • Rubber. - I travel often. So I will be using resistance bands instead of free weights. They are FUN as well.

And that's the plan:

Monday:

Tuesday:

Week A: run 12km at 75%

Week B: run 12km (intervals 3x1.000m / pyramids)

Wednesday:

Thursday:

Week A: 13km fast run (up to 85% max.)

Week B: 10km at 75%

Friday:

Saturday:

Week A: 22km long slow run (70% max.)

Week B: 15km challenge / Fartlek

Sunday:

Tai Chi

Please, give me some feedback. :onthego: Do you have any recommendations?

My 4 week challenge

I did one set of wednesday's exercises. - That warrior's pose & tricep kickback is quite challenging. It's a great exercise for balance/stability. And the V-position + reverse fly has to be done correctly (in front of a mirror etc.). Otherwise I will have pain in the back. I'm really looking forward to continuing this routine.

My 4 week challenge

It's super that you're hitting your stride and enjoying your routines.  That's a lot of running you have scheduled!

Eirlys - Long Time Wood Fairy Druid

Current Challenge: S4 (Sleep, Sugar, Spending, Son)

Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.

-- Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Done is better than perfect

-- Facebook

I ran about 9+km on friday and did my friday's routine yesterday. - I
did a full set. If it hadn't been for my tight scedule I would have
liked to continue with two more sets. - Well, I wouldn't have been able
to move after completing those...

It's super that you're hitting your stride and enjoying your routines.  That's a lot of running you have scheduled!

Thank you. Yes, actually I added the strength workout to my weekly running routine. It's more time consuming, but I'm having a good time listening to podcasts/books. I also see my running as a kind of meditation. It helps me to clear my mind or prepare projects for work. It's quite rewarding spending that amount of time into exercising.

My 4 week challenge

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines