Accepting my Assassin status

AsianBourne

Hey all, been a while since I've posted here...

Just typing out loud...

Had a ton of fun with last winter's 6 week challenges and the level up club, did not make a lot of my goals, but I'm still further ahead then where I was when I started.

I think one thing that has held me back is that I want to be in the Ranger class, but my current body type makes me a natural Assassin, and Assassin on the smaller side. I've come to think of NF classes as weight classes similar to the UFC hehe. Warriors being Heavy Weights, Rangers being Welter to Middle Weights, Assassins being feather to light weights.

Naturally I think my body fits the 155 frame the best (that would be my fighting weight or probably 145 after cutting). At the moment I'm 184 and 29-30% body fat. Skinny fat, tried to do some Ranger challenges like CrossFit, started several times and just got blasted! Then got into Bikram Yoga (Monk questing) for a while and that was a great experience, now just trying to build up strength with weight training and tons of sushi and protein shakes.

Goals are to get more fit for the next 6 week challenge, dominate it, get down to my class / fight weight, then be able to move up a class.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Assassin training to be Ranger - Level 1

Str: 2 | Dex: 4 | Sta: 4 | Con: 2 | Wis: 2 | Cha: 1

My Challenges 1 : Fitocracy : Blog

It sounds like you were/are in a similar situation as me. Back in November I was started with weight loss at 174lbs (my heaviest ever was probably almost 190lbs), got down to about 154lbs, and now I'm working on bulking. I would have also described my starting point as very "skinny fat", and probably put myself in a light weight class (hence the Assassin class).

Anyway, I'm still a newbie to this, but if you need any advice or are struggling with anything, let me know!

Level 3 Assassin

STR: 7 | DEX: 4 | STA: 4 | CON: 5 | WIS: 5 | CHA: 3

I am 5 ft. 7 in. tall and 143 lb. and an Assassin.  My buddy, Waldo, is 6 ft. 1 in. tall and around 200 lb. and an Assassin.  We are both strong.  We both love gymnastics and calisthenics.  We are Assassins because we like to train using our own bodyweight, not because we physically "fit" into a certain category.

Guilds are not weight classes, and I think you're doing yourself a disservice by settling for a Guild and style of training because you feel like you have to do so.  There are plenty of small Rangers.  There are plenty of large Rangers.  The thing that they have in common is not their body type, but what they love to do.  If you want to be a Ranger, go be a Ranger!  If you put in the work Crossfit (and that style of training) will get easier and you will make progress.  You just have to stick with it.

Life is short.  Way too short to spend it doing things you don't LOVE to do!  :)

Wolverine

Level X Mutant

Thanks guys for the tips and motivation!

Yeah I just need to keep at strength training for the moment, actually super sick right now.. will probably miss out on a whole week of working out, but once I'm back not going to skip a beat! Never 2 in a row... 

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Assassin training to be Ranger - Level 1

Str: 2 | Dex: 4 | Sta: 4 | Con: 2 | Wis: 2 | Cha: 1

My Challenges 1 : Fitocracy : Blog

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines