The Beggining of an Adventure

Small intro of who I am now first I suppose, then I'll move into who I want to be?

Well first off I'm 20 years old, jobless, and living with my mother. I volunteer at my little sisters school, I love martial arts but can't afford it. I'm not crazy unhealthy, but there is definitely room for improvement. I have trouble interacting with people I don't know AND people I've been friends with for years for long periods of time unless it's face-to-face, so please bear with me.

I want to revert to my old ability of being able to run for hours on end. It was so relaxing when I could do it, but I can run for more than 2 minutes now without huffing and puffing. I need that relaxing pass-time again, I'm too stressed.
I need to get into shape. The only kind of job I can get right now is one at a coffee shop because I have no experience, and when you have no experience looking good is a very big asset along with being interpersonal (which I am, so long as it's face to face or business related). I also want to look good for dates, but who doesn't?

So basically I want to become happy and healthy. I have the drive, I have the ability to obtain the means and I'm going for it!

I've been reading both 4-hour body and plan to start full-time diet based on that on Monday. Right now, I've started with my breakfasts. I've got to organize my life down so that procrastination is less tempting, so my planner book should come in handy. I will start my progress log tomorrow and update every day from there on.

I look forward to getting to know you, and learning how to be a part of an online community :)

Hello there! In the same situation - optimal fit for a while and then got blah. NF is fun. I'm new and they mix it up a little here.

Hey, if you can't afford classes for fighting then do not fret. I have seen not only champions make their way in the arts but a few friends of mine are powerful fighters being self-taught. Buddy systems are good if you want to spar on a budget though.

Good luck, have fun!

Maybe start with long walks if you can't run for a long time. I think what's most important is clearing some head space to reduce the stress you're feeling. A walk in a park would go a long way.

Human Ranger - Lvl. 1

Kettle bell junkie

5'7" - 218 lbs - 34 yrs old

STR - 2 | DEX - 2 | STA - 2 | CON - 2 | WIS - 5 | CHA - 2

"Spontaneity always seems to work better with a little bit of planning "

raging3vil is right - anything is better than nothing.  If you can't do your martial arts, you can still get strong.  The beginner's body weight and angry birds workouts require no equipment and can easily be done at home for free.  Add some intervals, and you should be able to build back up to running pretty fast.  Alternate days of strength workouts and days of interval workouts, and 1 rest day a week.  There is a good article on dealing with people that you might want to check out too.  Good luck on your goals.

The hardest part of the workout is lacing up your shoes'"

1011 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Current Challenge |

INTJ | MFP | FitBit