• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Gainsdalf the Whey

An Overview of the Various Strength Training Programs

The author recommends against using a heavy cluster with the Greyman template but I don't have a physically demanding job so I figured I could swing it.  I've been working on coming up a military PT style workout based off what I did while I was enlisted and doing that on my off days which I will have pull ups, or variations of since I'm unable to do them currently.  The program calls for doing each of the lifts in the chose cluster 3x/wk.  It's definitely looking for slower gains than other programs like the 5x5 which I was doing prior to starting this.  It's marketed towards people that have other days where they focus on skills or job specific PT and are looking to add strength oriented workouts.  The author touches on accessory work but didn't go into a very in depth discussion.

Yes, but in that respect it's not too far off from the 5x5

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For the squats it's not, but you're increasing volume on the other 3. See how it goes, but all those comments I made on recovery benefits are now moot, that's a ton of volume.

Currently working with Ice Cream Fitness (minor variation because I don't listen well, added pullup/chinup and using 5+ on last workset) as my beginner program. Will reevaluate the program after I have a month or two done (on week 3.5 right now). Likely moving to Grey Skull LP because I'm already using that 5+ last workset in Ice Cream. Posting here to track the topic and say thanks, I'm looking forward to reading about Intermediate level programs for when I get there.

Have any of you seen the Shortcut to Size by Jim stoppani? What are your thoughts on it?https://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/5abac16e1f275/shortcut_to_size_e-book_revised_9-9-15.pdf

Enviado do meu SM-G930F através do Tapatalk