werwolf's "Shut up and Grow a pair" Challenge

werwolf

In my defense, she's the one who said "boobs." I am no longer responsible for my behavior in this thread :D

I read a study once that said doing ANYTHING in the gym is more anabolic than doing NOTHING sitting in front of the computer.

~Chris Shugart @ T-nation

Iron is full of impurities that weaken it: through forging, it becomes steel and is

transformed into a razor-sharp sword. Human beings develop in the same fashion.

~Morihei Ueshiba

Favorites:

* Robb Wolf Podcast #68- Matt Lalonde vs gluten (<-transcript)

*Documentary: Fat Head

*NF blog:Most Inspirational 20 Minutes

*Starting Strength Wiki

One-Word Progress Report for Day Seventeen: Psychosis.

Much Wordier Progress Report for Day Seventeen:

Fitness Goals:

1, 2, & 3. ZUMBA! And yes, I did just shout that and yes, it is a requirement when talking about ZUMBA! It's actually really fun. It would be more fun if I could do it with somebody I like because who doesn't like looking like a moron with friends rather than strangers?

Diet Goal:

1. I think the lack of carbs is effecting my judgement. I've decided to stop screwing around and trying to have a nutrient-rich diet and just lower my carb intake as low as is humanly possible. While in the grocery store, only buying meats and aged cheese, I actually yelled "F*** You Candy!" as I walked down the aisle. And while I was in line I kept looking at the purchases of the other shoppers and saying "Sugar. Sugar. That's all sugar. More sugar." in my head. Is this what going meat-crazy feels like?

Life Goal:

1. I've discovered a pretty great sequence of evening events. Let's hope I can keep it up, with slight modifications for flavour.

re: diet- yes. I look at others' purchases and think "chemicals, GMO corn, gluten, sugar... all prepackaged" am angry at them for a moment for routinely putting that crap in their bodies (I know that's not a cheat day shopping trip), then pity them because there is no saving them from themselves. In that moment I know what Morpheus must feel like, knowing that there are many people who are not ready to unplug and dive into real food. It's not a feeling of superiority, or even of pity at that point, it's simply acceptance that I can't push my beliefs and feelings about food on others-- it's not like I'm a vegetarian or anything.

I know, I'm totally captain hyperbole today :)

I'm glad you enjoyed your ZUMBA!!! I hope you didn't get run over too much.

I read a study once that said doing ANYTHING in the gym is more anabolic than doing NOTHING sitting in front of the computer.

Iron is full of impurities that weaken it: through forging, it becomes steel and is

~Morihei Ueshiba

Favorites:

*Starting Strength Wiki

I see the same thing...I just think they're killing themselves, and then they show up at the register and they are obese, and I wonder at our belief that carbs will fix everything...

And as far as the whole short, tall and "boobies" (she said it, not me!) sidetrack...well, I'm the average height guy wondering why all these girls want to fall head over heels for tall dudes.

Gowaduv at least has a decent explanation...

and yes, ZUMBA!!!!

I cannot wait until I can start putting my good carbs back into my system. Until that time though, it's hardcore and it's ON!

Height: I don't get that either Clawed. I have a friend who is 5'3" and used to give me a line of crap about how she liked guys who were over 6'. I told her that was rediculous and introduced her to her husband-to-be (the wedding's in August! Squee!) who is 5'7". It's fine if as a female you prefer a taller man, but don't go stupid about it and screw over your statuesque sisters. All you need is somebody you can wear heels around. Anything else is just greedy. ... That being said, I've got a celebrity crush on Stephen Merchant who is 6'7". :)

Alright, wait a second. If you're advocating that your 5'3" friend marry a guy who's 5'7" instead of 6'+... does that mean I should have only been able to date women with "C" cups because my moobs were "Bs"? :D 'Cause I'm not willing to impose that sort of limitation on myself.

As for your guilty crush, I think if you make a few ranges of male height, you'll be alright: under 5'6", 5'6" to 5'9", 5'9" to 6' and 6'+. Or something along those lines. See? Now you can crush on a lot of famous guys, without feeling guilty becaue some 6'3" beach volleyball player might also be crushing on that guy, too, and thinks you need to step away from her Kool-Aid ;)

So what's today's word? :)

~Morihei Ueshiba

Favorites:

*Starting Strength Wiki

I wonder at the ability to only date men that are taller...must be a sick joke the world is playing on us...

Or the lack of self-respect that men have for themselves. Perhaps all this exercise is good for us? Because I know I have self-respect. I don't care about dating women taller or shorter...it's not really an issue to me :)

Alright, wait a second. If you're advocating that your 5'3" friend marry a guy who's 5'7" instead of 6'+... does that mean I should have only been able to date women with "C" cups because my moobs were "Bs"? :D 'Cause I'm not willing to impose that sort of limitation on myself.

As for your guilty crush, I think if you make a few ranges of male height, you'll be alright: under 5'6", 5'6" to 5'9", 5'9" to 6' and 6'+. Or something along those lines. See? Now you can crush on a lot of famous guys, without feeling guilty becaue some 6'3" beach volleyball player might also be crushing on that guy, too, and thinks you need to step away from her Kool-Aid ;)

I come out on top with the cup comparison too. My DD's can take your moobs in any kind of Jell-O match. I've been known to have a celebrity crush on shoter men. I adore David Mitchell and he's only 5'10" (which does make me sad, but I try to forgive him).

I wonder at the ability to only date men that are taller...must be a sick joke the world is playing on us...

Or the lack of self-respect that men have for themselves. Perhaps all this exercise is good for us? Because I know I have self-respect. I don't care about dating women taller or shorter...it's not really an issue to me :)

I've dated taller and shorter (far more were shorter though). So far they've all been unsuitable. :)

One-Word Progress Report for Day Eighteen: Shenanigans!

Much Wordier Progress Report for Day Eighteen:

Fitness Goals:

1, 2, & 3. Today was my day off. I went to the mall and exercised by forcing myself to try on clothes. I'm in the market for a few more work shirts so I don't look like I always wear the same thing (although I do). My shins are super sore from the park. I guess I'm not used to real terrain anymore?

Diet Goal:

1. Hardcore carb face-punching Day One. It hurts my soul to have had to do it, but I'm barely eating any vegetables. I have a tablespoon of chopped veg in my egg muffins (since I made them before Meat Crazy set in), about a cup and a half of veg for lunch (celery, radishes, cucumber), and one Roma tomato with dinner (because I bought them pre-Meat Crazy and there's a law of nature that says you can't let beautiful, ripe Roma tomatoes spoil). Everything else I eat has a total carb count of zero. I'm not even screwing around with that whole 'net carb' crap. It is [expletive deleted] on!

Life Goal:

1. This has nothing to do with anything really, but it has to be said. The people at New York and Company are a bunch of dirty filthy liars. I bought my big butt a size Medium dress there today. I laughed all the way to the register.

I've dated taller and shorter (far more were shorter though). So far they've all been unsuitable. :)

+10000000 :)

seriously, the height thing is more of a girls not wanting to crush the men they're with.

at least it is for me. i don't think height is that important, but i DO want someone who is stronger than me. or that i can't crush.

there are plusses to taller and plusses to same height. i wont get into them here :)

Spezzy, the Arcane Skirmisher
Chaotic Good Quarter Elf Slayer/Magus
STR: 21 / DEX: 17 / CON: 14 / INT: 15 / CHA 15
“There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind.”

+10000000 :)

seriously, the height thing is more of a girls not wanting to crush the men they're with.

at least it is for me. i don't think height is that important, but i DO want someone who is stronger than me. or that i can't crush.

there are plusses to taller and plusses to same height. i wont get into them here :)

Exactly Spezzy! You always were my kinda gal. I have had genuine fear of injuring some of the smaller men I've been approached by. Plus, it's one thing to think you could maybe take them in a fight and another to KNOW you could take them in a fight and that they'd probably hide behind you if ever you were in danger.

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines