I've been reading the blog and stalking the forums for a while, but for whatever reason, I've been too intimidated to post. No more fear! Fear is lame and it's an illusion.

1wWQx.jpg

I started my weight loss journey about 7 months ago and things have been going really great. I've lost 85 lbs so far and my life has changed in so many ways that it's hard to believe. All the good stuff is so much better and all the bad stuff is slowly being eliminated. I'm just able to enjoy so much more than I was before and I've gained enough confidence to start cosplaying at conventions, which I never felt up to before. 

I'm on Nutrisystem, but I've been teaching myself how to cook and looking for equivalents to their food/portions out in the world so that once I get to my goal (for a halfling like myself standing at 5'1 3/4" that's 125 lbs), I'll be able to transition into maintenance. In my mind, it doesn't matter what diet or program you use as long as you learn to stick with it, which I'm proud to say I've done with great success so far. I still have a lot to learn over the course of losing my last 40 lbs, but I know I'm doing what I need to in order to plan ahead and set myself up for success. 

As far as fitness goes, I spent my first month just on fixing my nutrition habits and then I dove into working out at the gym. I love watching TV and I spend way too much time rewatching Buffy, Firefly, Avatar, and Xena, so I just made a rule that I could only watch those shows if I did it at the gym. So far I've made my way through all of Firefly, all of Avatar: The Last Airbender, and 3 seasons of Xena while on the elliptical. I vary between days of HIIT training and weight loss program training. I tried strength training in the beginning, but honestly it wasn't for me. I know I want to return to it, and I definitely will when I'm ready for that challenge. I take 2-3 Zumba and Yoga classes a week on top of my elliptical workouts and just started Couch to 5K for some added variety. I cannot believe I'm actually CHOOSING all those things for myself. 7 months ago if someone had shown me a snapshot of future me, I would have laughed in their face! 

I kept a private journal about all the work I'd been doing to "reroll" my stats, but I didn't share it online. When my friends IRL, online, and "in game" heard about what I was doing and learned there was an account of it, they begged me to publish it on a blog so I just started posting the backlogged posts daily while I write new ones. It's aptly named, "Project Reroll" and it has a bunch of my goals outlined there as well as "Before" and "Progress" photos. I was really inspired by the success stories here that included those. Sometimes it's nice to be able to look back and SEE your progress. I can't wait to start meeting more of you and learning from your experiences! I'm going to take the plunge and do the next challenge as an Adventurer! Time to level up!

Hearthsinger the Wandering Bard

Level 4 Halfling Ranger

STR 9 | DEX 7 | STA 12 | CON 11 | WIS 8 | CHA 9

"You are what you do. You can re-create yourself every second of your life." -Xena

Read my blog at Project Reroll. | FitBit | Current Challenge | Previous Challenges: 1st 2nd 3rd

No fear! Hehe Thanks for the welcome guys. I'm off to work and then to the gym for my first "Zombies, Run" session. I can't believe I'm "excited" to run. That's bananas to me.

Level 4 Halfling Ranger

"You are what you do. You can re-create yourself every second of your life." -Xena

Read my blog at Project Reroll. | FitBit | Current Challenge | Previous Challenges: 1st 2nd 3rd

Welcome hearthsinger! I was also too scared to post until a few days ago, feels great doesn't it? Well done on your massive success so far, I don't know about you but I'm getting to the stage where shows become my motivation; do I wantbto watch Xena or be Xena? I want to BE Xena :)

Half-Orc Warrior (Level 1)

STR 3, DEX 1, STA 3, CON 2, WIS 3, CHA 3

Right?! Shows and cosplay are huge motivators for me. One day I'm gonna have a Xena costume, but first I have to get down to my goal weight. It's awesome cause all my friends said they would do a big Xena group if I did where my best friend would be Gabrielle and my other friend would be Callisto and then a few others want to be Autolycus and Ares. That would be so epic!

Level 4 Halfling Ranger