Protein woes.

Callerovia

I'm chicken-thighed out. I eat eggs for breakfast usually, and I enjoy ground meats. I don't often buy steak or pork, but I'm thinking I might just to break out of the 'chicken, chicken, turkey' rut I've been in. Salmon could work too...

What are some proteins you eat when you've been in a 'same food all week' slump for a while? 

I like to go to the seafood counter and get whatever happens to be on sale and cook it for dinner that night.  That is how I ended up with two pounds of fresh mussels last week and it was a great way to change things up a bit.

LVL 3: Zoran Warrior

STR:9 | DEX:5 | STA:10 | CON:5 | WIS:12.75 | CHA:9

Current Challenge: Not Really A 6 Week Challenge Challenge

Previous Challenges: 1st2nd

"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. Good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant."

I try to make sure I have variety each week. I will make dishes with ground beef, pork shoulder in the crock pot (http://nomnompaleo.com/post/10031990774/slow-cooker-kalua-pig) and find different ways to make chicken. I love to make tandoori chicken on the weekends and then turn it into butter chicken (my favorite indian dish) later in the week, and Melissa Joulwan's "The Best Chicken You Will Ever Eat" from her book Well Fed turns a boring boneless, skinless chicken breast into a juicy flavor explosion.

"When I can no more stir my soul to move, and life is but the ashes of a fire; When I can but remember that my heart once used to live and love, long and aspire - O be thou then the first, the one thou art; Be thou the calling before all answering love, and in me wake hope, fear, boundless desire." - George MacDonald

Oysters

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

Eggs.  I have half a dozen ways to do them (hardboiled, egg salad, fried, scrambled, frittata, crepe, poached...)

Canned sardines are a good protein pack.

If you like ground meat, that's easy.  Get some ground-up animal of your choice and make meatballs, stir fry, tacos, curry, salad... just switch up the dressings and you're set.

Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

Hylian Assassin 5'5", 143 lbs.
Half-marathon: 3:02
It is pitch dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

We go in to town and buy a beef steak. Lamb (or actually our sheep mutton) is what we eat most of the time and I do occasionally get tired of sheep. Hubby won't eat any fish so that's not an option. We also have pork, deer and chicken in our freezer. I use the venison as a nice change up for us from our lamb/mutton. 

Oogie McGuire

Black Sheep Shepherdess

STR 4.25 | DEX 4.5 | STA 3.75 | CON 3 | WIS 4.75 | CHA 1