I joined up with the Rebellion at the start of the the previous (ending today) challenge but I haven't gotten around to writing an official introduction until now. 

I'm about to turn 26, average height at 5'4" and I'm currently at 148 lbs. I joined up with the Druids because I wanted to add Yoga into my routine but I've become increasingly more drawn to and motivated to do body weight exercises so I may just switch professions over to the Assassins. 

I'm a kids pastor and so although I have a typical nine to five job in the office during the week it's not all spent behind a desk. However, I do spend more time at a desk than I would like (I'm actually looking into cheap, easy ways to convert my desk into a standing desk. So if anyone has any good suggestions I'm totally open). 

I am an introvert and have a tendency to be a bit of hermit but I try to get out and be active as much as I can. I joined a gym at the beginning of this year and although I haven't made it into the weight room (that cost more $$) I've enjoyed being able to take Zumba, Yoga, and Pilates classes. I started with Zumba about a year ago in an attempt to get out and be active. I wasn't actually trying to lose weight but I wanted to be able to have the energy and range of movement to keep up with my kids. Even though I'm only 25 I already feel old when I'm hanging out with the kids (I tire out a lot quicker than I would like) and I don't want that feeling to continue to progress. I figured that I probably would lose at least some weight with Zumba as I have heard some great stories from women who have lost quite a bit. However, after about 6 months my weight was still the same. So I decided to start counting calories. At that point I wasn't really watching my diet - I wasn't too horrible but I also wasn't paying too much attention to my eating. Well, frankly counting calories sucked. I hated it. I downloaded the MyFitnessPal app, put in that I wanted to lose 1 lb every two weeks and was given a max of 1310 calories a day. I stuck with it for about two months, got really annoyed having to count everything, lost nothing and was constantly hungry. So I decided to toss that idea and went back to not really watching what I was eating. Then about a month later I found out that my best friend, fellow Rebel Vrasile2, had started an Eat Clean diet and lost about 10 lbs in a month. I asked her all kinds of questions, read The Eat-Clean Diet Recharged by Tosca Reno and decided to give it a try. I liked what Reno had to say about NOT counting calories and eating MORE food. Well, I ate twice as much food in a day than normal and lost 8 lbs in my first month. And I wasn't worried about staying under a calorie amount! Yay! 

I've lost a total of 10 lbs altogether over a period of about 5 months, which doesn't sound like a lot but it's noticeable and I feel so much better with all the healthy choices I'm making! I haven't lost a pant size but it looks like I have, if that makes sense. My weight hasn't decreased too much but seems to have shifted somehow. 

So now that I'm eating clean and staying active in classes at the gym 4-5 times a week I'm working to increase my strength. I'm currently at 5 pushups, 3 good inverted rows, and about 12 pistol squats. I'm still researching bodyweight strength training to make sure that I'm following a good routine but thanks to our Fearless Leader I think I'm off to a good start. 

So that's my journey in a nutshell so far. I hope to one day become a beast at pushing or pulling my body over or through any obstacle just in case the Reaver's ever make another appearance. It's going to take a while to get to that point but I'm definitely in it for the long haul!

Level 3 Gerudo Assassin 

STR 7.5 | DEX 5 | STA 3 | CON 8 | WIS 8 | CHA 5

"Therefore, strengthen your feeble arms and weak knees." - Hebrews 12:12

1 - 2 - 3

Hi AncientReborn (or AR, if I can shorten it :) )

Great intro! 

I don't know anything about the 'Eat Clean' diet. Is it similar to paleo? 10lbs in five months might not sound like much, but I'll bet you can feel the difference in weight. Try putting 10lbs in a backpack and carrying it around!

I'm an adventurer myself, but I'm really getting into yoga too. I'm doing a lot of the great videos over at doyogawithme.com. If you ever wanna chat about noobie yoga, drop me a line :D

And welcome to the rebellion!! You'll be keeping up with those kids in no time!

Warrior Princess
Eating Psychology Coach

Adventure's Guild Challenge winner: Challenge #24

â•‘ Live the Whole  â•‘ Bucket List â•‘Level up my Lifeâ•‘ 

"Don't ever save anything for a special occasion. Every day you're alive is a special occasion."

Hi AncientReborn (or AR, if I can shorten it :) )

Great intro! 

I don't know anything about the 'Eat Clean' diet. Is it similar to paleo? 10lbs in five months might not sound like much, but I'll bet you can feel the difference in weight. Try putting 10lbs in a backpack and carrying it around!

I'm an adventurer myself, but I'm really getting into yoga too. I'm doing a lot of the great videos over at doyogawithme.com. If you ever wanna chat about noobie yoga, drop me a line :D

And welcome to the rebellion!! You'll be keeping up with those kids in no time!

Um...there are some similarities between Paleo and Eat Clean but the big difference is that grains are okay in an Eat Clean diet (but only as long as they are whole grain or whole wheat). At the basic level an Eat Clean diet cuts out all processed foods. And I also stay away from refined sugar and try to do healthy fats like coconut oil instead of butter. 

Level 3 Gerudo Assassin 

STR 7.5 | DEX 5 | STA 3 | CON 8 | WIS 8 | CHA 5

"Therefore, strengthen your feeble arms and weak knees." - Hebrews 12:12

1 - 2 - 3