Spaghetti arms does a pushup

This may not seem like much of a milestone...but I did 30 girl pushups (in sets of ten-ish....well what started out as sets of tens...and then sets of fives....okay fine...one set of ten and the rest of five).

I have anglehair pasta for arms and my mosquito bite of a chest packs no punch behind it. So 30 pushups of any sort is kind of amazing in my mind. I tried one regular pushup and that was NOT happening. I have danced all my life, so I have muscular thighs and nothing for arms.

In addition, this weekend I ran for the first time in a LONG time! I was able to keep to mainly running or jogging for the majority of 35 minutes! I had to walk a little every once in a while. I ended up jogging 2.5 miles. Hopefully, today at the gym I'll get to 3 miles.

That is great-30 pushups is big. I worked forever to get strong enough for real push ups- I had spagetti arms AND legs. It is a huge deal to get there. WOOT

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Keep working at those pushups! I am still trying to get to the real pushups myself. I would really recommend negative push ups and straight arm planks to help you progress. I have started adding them into my workouts and I can feel the muscles working :)

Level 1

0%
0%

Food Goal #1: 5 Servings of Fruits/Veg for 30 Days

13%
13%

Fitness Goal #1: 5000 Steps for 30 Days

3%
3%

Life Goal #1: Keep a Room in Peak Shape for 30 Days

3%
3%

I can finally do real pushups - if you work out at a gym, do them against the bar on a smith machine (pretty much the only thing it's good for) and as soon as you can do 15, lower it to the next notch. If you need an extra level between the lowest notch and the ground, try doing them on an exercise step. I finally discovered that if you do real pushups properly, they work more than just your biceps and triceps! (duh, I know). Congratulations on the new milestone!

I've been working on my upper body through yoga! It's all about the chaturanga and the plank! I'm also noticing that EVERYTHING gets easier when you engage your core (which for me is really taking a lot to build up cause that's my weakest area). It sounds like you're working hard! You can do it!

Hearthsinger the Wandering Bard

Level 4 Halfling Ranger

STR 9 | DEX 7 | STA 12 | CON 11 | WIS 8 | CHA 9

"You are what you do. You can re-create yourself every second of your life." -Xena

Read my blog at Project Reroll. | FitBit | Current Challenge | Previous Challenges: 1st 2nd 3rd

That's awesome- congrats. I remember when I had to start with girl push-ups too. You gotta start somewhere.

Ras'taban

Level 3 Half-Orc Ranger

STR 9 | DEX 2 | STA 5 | CON 4 | WIS 7 | CHA 2

All that is gold does not glitter,

Not all those who wander are lost;

The old that is strong does not wither,

Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

j.r.r. tolkien