• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

spezzy

[Bacon] What are your favorite Bacon Recipes?

28 posts in this topic

My two favorites!  What are yours?

jalapeno poppers (this is what they look like)
jalapenos, cut in half, seeds out
shrimp, cut in half
dates, cut in half
bacon
avocado

take jalapeno, stuff with shrimp, dates, and avocado
wrap in bacon

bake at 400 degrees until desired crispiness is achieved.

drizzle with honey.

Bacon Egg Cupcakes:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees

Take a muffin pan and line each of the cups with bacon.

Break an egg into the center of each mold, and bake for about 8 minutes until the egg is cooked.

You can also make a bacon cup omelette by mixing the following together:
1 egg per muffin tin
Spinach
Red and Green Peppers
Sausage Meat

And then pouring it into each bacon lined cup.

I've been doing the bacon lined cups as well.  They reheat from frozen in the microewave in 3 minutes.  The only bad part is the egg seeps between the bacon and cup and it's a bitch to clean.  I plan on getting the muffin liners for future batches.

My favorite recipe is another jalapeno popper type one, just simpler and not as paleo.  Slice in the pepper in half lengthwise and get rid of the core.  Also cut the ribs out if you want to lower the heat, the more you leave the hotter they are.  Fill with cream cheese. Top with shredded chedder and previously cooked and crumbled bacon.  Pop in 325 oven for 10 minutes or so, just enough to melt the chedder.

Not sure if this counts, but my favorite is kale chips made with bacon grease - put some kale in a bowl, get your bacon grease soft, massage into the kale & bake for 10-15 min at 350. You probably don't need to add salt, but I do. I've been having trouble with low blood pressure since I lost weight, so I'm trying to load up the sodium. 

Seriously, anything. I've been using bacon as my main protein in a dish for years, and love it. And, it's ridiculously simple to make your very own bacon at home - it just takes a slab of pork belly + salt, sugar, curing salt and whatever other seasoning you want to use + a week in the fridge and a 200 degree oven. Ridiculously easy! 

My favorite thing to make with bacon is a tried and true hash. Any root vegetable, something from the allium family and a runny egg. Simple and delicious!

Recipes:

A little something on making your own bacon

Spaghetti Squash & Bacon Hashed Browns with Eggs and Pepita Chile Sauce

Good For What Ails You Cabbage, Kale & Apple Hot Toss

Candy Bacon Brussels Sprouts with Mustard Vinaigrette

And if you really want to hit it out of the park with a non-paleo, super impressive and involved recipe: Ramen with Kickass Broth, Fresh Bacon, and Mousseline "Scallop"

Bacon wrapped pork tenderloin in the crockpot.  It will be the juiciest, best tasking pork tenderloin ever.

Great thread! Never thought of making my own bacon.

I keep a jar of bacon grease in the freezer. My main use for it is to saute brussel sprouts (with shallot, garlic, and chicken stock). I make them for my family at least once a week. My son calls them "special sprouts".

My favorite bacon recipe:

1)Open Package of Bacon

2) Fry Bacon

3) Eat Bacon.

This. I wish I could facebook like this. 

One night recently, I went to make dinner and realized that the only thawed meat in the house was bacon, so I made bacon stir fry. Cut up bacon, cook in skillet until nearly crispy, throw in all the veggies you can find and cook to desired tenderness.

I like my bacon best when it's raw and crude. Although I'm known to enjoy some bacon in my scrambled eggs from time to time. Only occasionally though. 

i found this on the internets and immediately ran to the kitchen.  it was HEAVENLY. i ate the leftovers for breakfast the next day.

Skyrim-Inspired Apple Bacon Cabbage

Servings: 2-4
Ingredients:
1/2 lb of thick-sliced bacon or pancetta, cut into chunks (Trader Joe's Ends and Pieces will do)
2 small granny smith apples, cut into small chunks
1/2 medium head of cabbage, thinly sliced, heart removed
6 tablespoons chicken broth
1 tablespoon coriander
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
1 teaspoon red pepper flake (optional spicy kick, more if you're a badass)
Salt to taste

1. Saute bacon over medium high heat until somewhat crispy.
2. Add apples and saute until brown, then add cabbage and chicken broth. Side note: I make my own chicken broth and freeze it into ice cubes trays. I used four ice cubes for this recipe.
3. Once cabbage is soft, add spices.
4. Saute into Oblivion (haha, Elder Scrolls) until cabbage is quite soft and has melded with the spices, about 20 minutes. The apples should be caramelized and hard to distinguish from the bacon.

Best part is I forced my hubby try to it since he loves Skyrim.  He didn't like the dish - but he ate it. Whatever works. My kids even ate it.  Though I would recommend leaving out the pepper for kids - it was a little spicy for the toddler.

I don't see bacon wrapped pineapple on your list? It should be. 

And and and, pineapple is on sale down here right now 10 for $10. That's right. I'mma eat ALL the bacon/pineapple.

1) Lightly fry bacon, about half as long as you normally would.

2) Cut open chicken breast and fill with asparagus, then wrap with bacon.

3) Bake in the oven at 350F until the chicken is done.

4) Eat!

5) Repeat step 4 as needed.

I don't see bacon wrapped pineapple on your list? It should be. 

And and and, pineapple is on sale down here right now 10 for $10. That's right. I'mma eat ALL the bacon/pineapple.

was gonna add pineapple warped bacon (local joke from chinese buffet)

I like how [bACON] is now a recipe type like [VEGAN] or [PALEO].

Anyway, my favorite bacon recipe is Bacon Fritatta.

1 package Bacon - 16oz

12 Eggs

2-3 cups baby spinach

1 onion, diced

1 bell pepper, diced

8oz mushrooms, chopped

Salt and Pepper to taste

Red Pepper Flakes to taste

1Tbsp Cumin

Shredded Cheese to desired amount

Crack eggs into bowl and whisk.  Add spinach, onion, pepper, and spices.  Mix well.  Pour into 9x13 glass casserole.

Cook bacon for 20-25 minutes in 350 degree oven.  Let cool.  Dice into small pieces.

Sprinkle cheese onto eggs in casserole.  Sprinkle bacon on top of cheese.

Cover with foil.  Cook in a 375 degree oven for 30-40 minutes.  Remove foil.  Sprinkle a bit more cheese.  Bake for 15 minutes or until GB&D.

Nom!

A staple in our house is bacon wrapped chicken breast.  I cut the chicken breast into strips, usually 3 from a breast, and then season them well with chili powder, onion powder, and garlic powder (feel free to season them with whatever you want).  I wrap each strip in a slice of bacon and then bake at 375 F for 33 minutes.  The chicken is juicy, the bacon is crispy but also chewy and it is delicious.

Sometimes we do it non-Paleo as well and roll the bacon wrapped strips in brown sugar before baking.  They are amazing.  I guess I could get the same result and have it be Paleo friendly by drizzling a little maple syrup.

My favorite is simple, a BLT except instead of mayo you use mashed avocado. So delicious.

^Love BLT and avocado sandwiches too. 

If you're feeling really fancy, add a little roasted garlic to the mashed avocado. 

I need to cook up some bacon and make some of these!  I always forget I have bacon in the freezer, I know, I know, how the heck do you FORGET you have bacon?  

1 person likes this

I had a salad with delicious bacon... mixed greens or spinach topped with chopped crisp bacon, grilled chicken, avocado, diced apples, walnuts, cheddar cheese. 

Also, start all your chilis with rendering chopped bacon then sauteeing the onions then meat and all the rest... and yum :-)

You should make your own bacon. It's the easiest thing ever and while it takes a week to do, it's not hard to do at all. It does require a scale and pink salt aka sodium nitrite, but don't be too afraid. Also, if you're afraid of nitrites / nitrates and only buy uncured bacon, you are still being fed the same amount of nitrites / nitrates, just in "uncured" bacon they put the same in via celery juice rather than more pure and easily measured forms.

http://ruhlman.com/2010/10/home-cured-bacon-2/

My favorite bacon recipe: Primal Pizza

I make a bacon lattice (usually 5x5 pieces) and cook it for about 10 minutes on 400 degrees.  I sometimes add a little bit of cheese over the gaps where the bacon doesn't quite meet.  Then add sauce, mozzarella, toppings, and Italian spices to taste.  Yummy!!

1 person likes this