Hermy G's Super Fantastic Between Challenge Workout Log of Silliness!

Glad to see you're super duper healthy but I feel your pain in the frustration of having something be wrong and yet you have a clean bill of health. My recent lady bits ultrasound shows nothing at all wrong, and I now think its all just stress. Can't really be anything else at this point. There's not really an Rx to fix it other than to change my personality :(

10/31/13

deadlift:

140x3

155x2

160x5

160x5

160x5

Decent. had a guy working in with me. he's read rip. I approve.

OHP:

45x4

55x6

55x6

55x6

55x6

55x6

Easy peasy

Front/back/side raises:

10x10

10x10

10x10

Some douche was taking up multiple benches to do curls. seriously. so I was standing kind of behind and off to the side of him. he kept giving me dirty looks. dude. you're the douche.

Superman:

In/out:

Crunch:

Reverse Crunch:

not technically an ab day but with the ruck looming I thought it couldn't hurt.

dreadmill:

20 minute leisurely walk

"I'm just going to remember to not eat like an asshole most of the time" - MoC

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost
 Half-Elf Warrior | Current Challenge
 New Battle Log | Old Battle Log
Special thanks to AkLulu for drawing my awesome avatar!

Glad to see you're super duper healthy but I feel your pain in the frustration of having something be wrong and yet you have a clean bill of health. My recent lady bits ultrasound shows nothing at all wrong, and I now think its all just stress. Can't really be anything else at this point. There's not really an Rx to fix it other than to change my personality :(

Well, don't do that!!

Seriously... How frustrating. I read something the other day about BPA causing fertility problems (I can't remember if it was men or women or both). The older I get, the more I wonder why anyone ever worried about getting pregnant when they were young. It seems like it's way harder than they taught us as kids.

On a side note - I'm all, "AAT changed my life!" right now. But in AAT there are tons of hormone and hormone organ related things they can test and treat. I wonder if your body's seeing your hormones and attacking them and throwing everything off. I'm not saying it's the answer, but it may or may not be worth checking out. I have my next AAT appointment next week. It might be a dead end.

10/31/13

deadlift:

140x3

155x2

160x5

160x5

160x5

Decent. had a guy working in with me. he's read rip. I approve.

OHP:

45x4

55x6

55x6

55x6

55x6

55x6

Easy peasy

Front/back/side raises:

10x10

10x10

10x10

Some douche was taking up multiple benches to do curls. seriously. so I was standing kind of behind and off to the side of him. he kept giving me dirty looks. dude. you're the douche.

Superman:

In/out:

Crunch:

Reverse Crunch:

not technically an ab day but with the ruck looming I thought it couldn't hurt.

dreadmill:

20 minute leisurely walk

Taking up multiple benches to do curls? Like this?

tumblr_mvl4xpTDTE1rld3goo1_500.jpg

Shape-Shifting Ginger
Current Battle Log

2" washers for smaller weight increases

Well, don't do that!!

Seriously... How frustrating. I read something the other day about BPA causing fertility problems (I can't remember if it was men or women or both). The older I get, the more I wonder why anyone ever worried about getting pregnant when they were young. It seems like it's way harder than they taught us as kids.

On a side note - I'm all, "AAT changed my life!" right now. But in AAT there are tons of hormone and hormone organ related things they can test and treat. I wonder if your body's seeing your hormones and attacking them and throwing everything off. I'm not saying it's the answer, but it may or may not be worth checking out. I have my next AAT appointment next week. It might be a dead end.

Taking up multiple benches to do curls? Like this?

tumblr_mvl4xpTDTE1rld3goo1_500.jpg

How did I miss PH's response?! Derp.  Agreed!  No personality changing, please.  But yeah, I've chalked a lot of this up to stress. Actually: all of it.  My next challenge is going to be very focused on stress management tools (but I'm so glad the next challenge doesn't start until Nov. 11!)

AAAAAAHH HAHAHA! That's amazing. I probably would have been less annoyed had this been the case!

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost

11/2/13

Squat:

bwx6

70x2

70x2

85x1

95x1

100x3

100x3

100x3

100x3

100x3

100x3

100x3

100x3

Squee! It's been so long since I've been in triple digit squats. after last week i wasn't sure things would go so well. Initially the warm ups were really rough. It wasn't until I did my first set at 100 that it felt good. Weird, right? I was going to for 10 sets but the stupid dude who wants to be my sugar daddy wouldn't stop talking to me and I ended up way too cooled down and tight for my last set.  What part of headphones in, hood on is unclear?  I need to learn how to not be so nice. Why am I so nice?

Bench:

70x4

90x3

90x3

90x3

90x3

90x3

90x3

could have done more but needed to get my workout wrapped up. Not loving that my squat and bench are so close. Ridonk.

Reverse lunge:

10x20

10x20

10x20

Seated row:

95x9

95x9

95x9

Superset

Plank:

60 seconds

Plank w/hands on med ball:

46 seconds

40 seconds

I've been tracking how I feel after my workouts and I'm pretty consistently not feeling well.  I'm really struggling with this because what it says to me is I need shorter workouts. But, as it is, I don't do all the things I want (or feel like I need) to do.  That can't be right.  

Oh, and this week is the week of the GoRuck!  Muh nerds are coming!!!

I've been tracking how I feel after my workouts and I'm pretty consistently not feeling well.  I'm really struggling with this because what it says to me is I need shorter workouts. But, as it is, I don't do all the things I want (or feel like I need) to do.  That can't be right.

Not feeling well how? The same stuff as before or just a general not feeling well?

Oh, and this week is the week of the GoRuck!  Muh nerds are coming!!!

Yay! Rest up this week for all the Rucking fun!

Well, it's harder to know during the week since I go to bed shortly after my workouts.  But on Saturday I spend the rest of the day fuzzy headed. I can't really focus or think straight and I get really, really tired.

Normal people, according to the internet, experience 20-30 minutes of fatigue post workout and then feel better.  I have the exact opposite problem. I feel 20-30 minutes of AMPEDLET'SDOSTUFFWOOOOOO and then I crash.  This seems to be regardless how much I eat. 

Well, it's harder to know during the week since I go to bed shortly after my workouts.  But on Saturday I spend the rest of the day fuzzy headed. I can't really focus or think straight and I get really, really tired.

Normal people, according to the internet, experience 20-30 minutes of fatigue post workout and then feel better.  I have the exact opposite problem. I feel 20-30 minutes of AMPEDLET'SDOSTUFFWOOOOOO and then I crash.  This seems to be regardless how much I eat.

OMG. This is me! I seriously thought it was just getting old. And I'm for real when I say that.

I wonder if it actually IS adrenals?? (Some people say the adrenals thing is hokey.)

And I hate to be the fun killer, but I get this way unless I do a super-low key "workout." Workout is in quotes because I mean going for a walk, or lifting for no more than 15-20 minutes (including warmups - which we both know means MAYBE one working set, maybe, if you rush through the warmups, and then that's only one lift). And... I also get wiped out doing much cleaning. I've found myself downing caffeine lately when I have to do more than one or two chores. It's sad, really. And embarrassing.

Seriously, I feel old. But if you tell me it's not old age, I'll have hope!

Also, maybe your DBAA goal should apply everywhere BUT the gym? Think about it! Save up your rage, and let it all out there. Win-win! (Well except for wanna-be sugar daddy. But he might have it coming.)

Shape-Shifting Ginger
Current Battle Log

OMG. This is me! I seriously thought it was just getting old. And I'm for real when I say that.

I wonder if it actually IS adrenals?? (Some people say the adrenals thing is hokey.)

And I hate to be the fun killer, but I get this way unless I do a super-low key "workout." Workout is in quotes because I mean going for a walk, or lifting for no more than 15-20 minutes (including warmups - which we both know means MAYBE one working set, maybe, if you rush through the warmups, and then that's only one lift). And... I also get wiped out doing much cleaning. I've found myself downing caffeine lately when I have to do more than one or two chores. It's sad, really. And embarrassing.

Seriously, I feel old. But if you tell me it's not old age, I'll have hope!

Also, maybe your DBAA goal should apply everywhere BUT the gym? Think about it! Save up your rage, and let it all out there. Win-win! (Well except for wanna-be sugar daddy. But he might have it coming.)

I wonder if it is, too.  I definitely don't think it's hokey, but who knows?!

No worries :) No fun killed!  I actually noticed I was feeling better when I did that minimal training program by Nia Shanks.  And I'm not sure if it's happening after all my workouts, or just my  heavy day (which ends up being a longer day).  I might rearrange my workout days to see how I feel after the other workouts.

Science!

And yes! I sometimes over do it on Sunday when I'm batch cooking. Yesterday was one of those days. So I totally get what you're saying about the housework.  Definitely have that problem.

So noope: not old age! Rejoice!

Ha, that's a good point. Maybe I need a BAA goal for the gym!

I think I would find endless pleasure in watching a BAA goal play out... DO IT! :)

Hahaha that would be fun!

Maybe try ignoring your wanna-be sugar daddy? Pretend you can't hear him. And if he gets in your face and you have to talk, you can be polite without indulging him.

Yeah, that's what he usually does.... he gets right in my face so we have eye contact. So annoying. The not indulging part is what I need to work on!  Must.Not.Indulge.

This seems obvious and you've probably done it, but what if you give the nice but honest, "I'm sorry but I really need to get my workout done. I am meeting my boyfriend at X time (a close time) for dinner/lunch/a nooner..." ;)

But, seriously, maybe the mention of a boyfriend will at least make him feel awkward. And if you act rushed, at least he SHOULD respect that.

And if it works, just make up a new excuse next time. Eventually he'll see you're super busy and will leave you be.

And if he respects neither, then that might give you the motivation to be more aggressive with the means.

Shape-Shifting Ginger
Current Battle Log

Hahah yeah, I've dropped the boyfriend line.  I mean, when he asked me out initially I told him I have one. I'm not sure if he forgot or what. BUT the "Sorry, I need to squat" line is probably what I need to start doing.

Some guys would say by being nice you're leading him on and encouraging it. I can't remember the last time I got hit on or have hit on anyone... So I can't speak to this directly. But if that helps, just tell yourself this way he's not focused on you when he could be finding his real soul mate. :)

Shape-Shifting Ginger
Current Battle Log

I'm with SS (and frankly annoyed for you that the boyfriend thing is not deterring him, RUDE!), but I see nothing wrong and nothing A-hole-y about telling him to piss off. For reals, you've got shiz to do and no time for his nonsense.

Oh, the troubles of being hit on!  Seriously though, dude needs to take a hint.  Remind of boyf nicely at first, but after 1 or 2 times, I'd go for the cold/short responses. 

Adrenal stuff sound confusing.  It's really tough when everything looks good on paper, but you still aren't feeling well.  Docs don't seem to know how to handle that.  Good luck girl!

following! wanted to ask - how do you come up with your workouts? like which exercises to do? Just experience at knowing which ones go together and which ones you like the bestest?

Instagram | pinterest

read harder challengeBattle LogNROLFW

Challenges: 13-1 | 13-2 | 13-3 | 13-3.5 | 14-1 | 14-2 | 15-1 | 15-2 | 15-3 | 15-4 | 15-5 | 16-1 | 16-2 | 16-3 | 16-4 | 16-516-6 | 16-7 | 16-8 | 17-1 | 17-2 | 17-3 | 17-4 | 17-5 | 17-6 | 17-7 | 17-8 | 17-9 | 17-10 | 18-118-2 | 18-318-4 | 18-5 | 18-6 | 18-7 | 18-8 | 18-9 | 18-10 | 19-1 | 19-2 | 19-3 | 19-4 | 19-5 | 19-6 | 19-7 | current

Some guys would say by being nice you're leading him on and encouraging it. I can't remember the last time I got hit on or have hit on anyone... So I can't speak to this directly. But if that helps, just tell yourself this way he's not focused on you when he could be finding his real soul mate. :)

lols. I'd have some things to say to those guys!

And for serious... he's not finding his soulmate in squat rack, yo.  I'd bet my bottom dollar.

I'm with SS (and frankly annoyed for you that the boyfriend thing is not deterring him, RUDE!), but I see nothing wrong and nothing A-hole-y about telling him to piss off. For reals, you've got shiz to do and no time for his nonsense.

tumblr_inline_mjtpe6cd2s1qz4rgp.gif

Seriously.

And during our conversation I mentioned that I dislike children and people and have two cats.  So, basically I made it sound like I'm the crazy cat lady. And he still chatted. WTH? Dude is desperate.

I say drop the boyfriend line again but this time show him a pic of Klokov with you photoshop'd next to him.

gallery_3779_270_11481.jpg

And here I thought you were going to weigh in with some thought provoking, Chairohkeyesque brilliance on the training dilemma... instead you come in and win the best way to combat creepers at the gym!  I love it!

And seriously Klokov <3

Oh, the troubles of being hit on!  Seriously though, dude needs to take a hint.  Remind of boyf nicely at first, but after 1 or 2 times, I'd go for the cold/short responses. 

Adrenal stuff sound confusing.  It's really tough when everything looks good on paper, but you still aren't feeling well.  Docs don't seem to know how to handle that.  Good luck girl!

HAHAHA

Right? That's what's troubling.  First order of business is to chill out, though. Seriously, I spend WAY too much stressing the frak out about this stuff! 

following! wanted to ask - how do you come up with your workouts? like which exercises to do? Just experience at knowing which ones go together and which ones you like the bestest?

Yay!

Partly experience in knowing what works well for me or goes okay with other exercises, part picking the brains of people way smarter than me, part doing things I don't want to do because I know I need to them :coughsquatscough:, part determining goals and researching/knowing/etc what will help me achieve them.

The program I'm running right now is based on a program CK developed but tweaked for my weaksauceness and then I sprinkled in some of the assistance I feel works best for me. Topped it off with ab and back work (stuff I dont' wwant to do but need to). 

Aside from my Saturday fuzzy headedness, I'm seeing some pretty awesome improvements (like being able to squat properly again and getting back to 100+)

thanks!

...who's CK?

Instagram | pinterest

read harder challengeBattle LogNROLFW

Challenges: 13-1 | 13-2 | 13-3 | 13-3.5 | 14-1 | 14-2 | 15-1 | 15-2 | 15-3 | 15-4 | 15-5 | 16-1 | 16-2 | 16-3 | 16-4 | 16-516-6 | 16-7 | 16-8 | 17-1 | 17-2 | 17-3 | 17-4 | 17-5 | 17-6 | 17-7 | 17-8 | 17-9 | 17-10 | 18-118-2 | 18-318-4 | 18-5 | 18-6 | 18-7 | 18-8 | 18-9 | 18-10 | 19-1 | 19-2 | 19-3 | 19-4 | 19-5 | 19-6 | 19-7 | current

Anytime :)  And I can get more specific on anything if you need/want.  Just ask!

Oh sorry, Chairokey (formerly swoletroll, formerly 80's medium)